non-village game style

Post and discuss your suggestions for future Werewolf versions here.
48crax48

non-village game style

Postby 48crax48 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:58 am

Sorry i accidently posted this under 'general ww-trans'. please delete that one.

I know this game s supposed to be like -i wanna say vampirism but not really- villagers builds a village makes an army or wutever. But even do i always liked to play without building a base. (maybe if i have time, i build around to farm coffee for max hp bonus). OK what ever, the thing i m saying is, with the owl sister bonuses this kind of game play was nice, kind of a bit too OP since even a 25 level wolf cannot catch you if you got all ms items and 'the winter owl'. and finally what was i expecting happened and sister are removed, lately i have been trying to play without the sister bonuses, yes it s good, kinda works, but literally if you do it without sisters, you are just a villager that lacks a village. it s not a playing style anymore. you can basicly do that and have a village at the same time. So i saw the patch update note that saying 'i ll work on sisters eventually' and just a suggestion. could we have something that we can create a non village style with sister. something that takes long time that prevent you from building a base, also that worths it. many people might not agree with this style in this game but it actually works.
basicly what i m doing in the game was;
find sisters > hunt while roaming for them > get items with carving then mine > then farm coffees.

this game style has lots of pros and cons actually,
like if the werewolf s good at mid game you cant roam at nights because there are ghouls everywhere, and you literally no where to hide, no safe place. you don't have an income you have to keep hunting. and since the items are unique, if someone else gets them first, you are simply f.... up
int he other hand, you are basicly focusing to upgrade your villager's stats so you are stronger than the village owners but you dont have an army so you gotta do what you gotta do alone, you dont have a base so you roam around the map all the time and expecially in the 2nd day you can track ww and try to find bases around to have a guess, you simply know most people's bases so you have control around the map and you know who is doing what, who s base s secure, are finding out who s the wolf.

so please i know sisters' movement buff was op but they were creating a different game style, and now this style s gone, yes you can do this, but you cannot be any stronger than someone with a base. bring back this again as soon as possible. ^^
dudlan66

Re: non-village game style

Postby dudlan66 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:54 pm

nah

sister owls were op and only ppl that miss them are ones that are tend to abuse it

good they gone , game is more balanced and you should adapt your style , it's about skills not about secrets
Please follow and support us on
www.footballhed.com
48crax48

Postby 48crax48 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:33 am

as i typed several times, i agree that they were op. but using them as a game style doesnt mean i abuse it, that s actually offensive.

and i m not saying they should be secrets, if you read carefully you will see that all i was saying is, building a village shouldn't be the only way to play this game, and there should be an advantage to the person who s not building a village, to balance the fact that he s not build a village.
dudlan66

Postby dudlan66 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:37 pm

there is if you gain abilities. Turtling base wont guarantee you win , that is why there is this factor of collaboration. If you know how to master villager skills and buffs you are more likely to hunt ww than one who build a base period.
Please follow and support us on
www.footballhed.com
Jesse James

Postby Jesse James » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:42 pm

It's hard to give a villager who doesn't build a base an advantage over someone who does. Often bases are transient and a player may build, lose, rebuild a base several times throughout the game. I'm not sure how we would approach giving any sort of advantage to wandering villagers without also allowing base builders to have that advantage. The only thing that comes to mind is create a "Class" system where wanderers gain advantages but lose the ability build. I am not fond of this solution because it forces players into a niche and I feel most players adapt play style throughout a game to match the needs of the moment.