Play the map

Post and discuss your suggestions for future Werewolf versions here.
Blondie91

Re: Play the map

Postby Blondie91 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:44 pm

Totally agree :DD .. Name randomizer is the best. More thrilling games and no more "witch hunts" aimed at experienced players or usual werewolf pickers.. Even before knowing if they actually are or not the wolf !
Pwnage

Postby Pwnage » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:53 pm

I can say with confidence that the name randomizer is indeed a good feature. After playing several games and speaking with other players, I fully accept its necessity and I'm glad it exists. Just shows the importance of playing many, many games :P
Pwnage.@USEast
abextadoo

Postby abextadoo » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:05 pm

I like name randomizer, as I always like things that makes werewolf's gameplay more fun.
I agree with Pwnage and disagree with shieldbreaker. Vilager gameplay is easier and more fun than werewolf's gameplay. Vilager more powerful and faster (than WW's vilager), Fishnet, army, bunker base, teaming, zombies hatred of the werewolf are some examples of how hard werewolf gameplay is. While Vilagers fear nights, werewolf fears mornings.
I strongly believe in two things that would make werewolf gameplay more fun:
- Hero mutated boss minions.
- Werewolf more more more powerful when he reaches level 25. If vilagers allow the werefolf to reach level 25, they should die. No fishnet, no bunker base, no speed, no whatever. Die dammit!. Werewolf imune to fishnet, with more damage and more strength at level 25 would be nice.
I will always raise the werewolf flag.
Please, remember the werewolf on all updates you make. That sentence summarizes what I mean and think its most important on this game.
In a single update, Dota2 makes a lot of new heroes, change all heroes balance, makes a lot of new itens, changes the map. And people don't stop playing dota2 because of that. You don't need to make changes on babysteps. I understand that Vof members are short on time to work on the game, but i think you should change what you think it would be better. Like removing those secrets that you dont want on game anymore (that doctor, the necromancer that kills wife, the diseased fish, etc.).
I would like to remember that I was a mapmaker on Starcraft Broodwar, and that werewolf transylvania is a really great game, even with the olf warcraft plataform. This game has potential. Even if you dont agree with my considerations, I will still love to play werewolf.
Falanor

Postby Falanor » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:48 am

abextadoo wrote:You don't need to make changes on babysteps. I understand that Vof members are short on time to work on the game, but i think you should change what you think it would be better.

We had this kind of updating before version 1.27. That ended up accumulating changes in the dev version during a very long period of time, which resulted in updates once a year.

I don’t think it’s the right way for our community and development team, if we make a change, we will publish it asap.

Versioning was changed exactly for this purpose: instead of 1.27, we have 1.27.xx.
sanaeerumey

Postby sanaeerumey » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:06 pm

shieldbreaker wrote:A big problem with teaming is that you can't team before the first night without high potential for things to go wrong (assuming you voted to be werewolf which is IMO the correct choice). The political aspect would be a lot better if the werewolf knew they were going to be werewolf as soon as the game started

It was the best time to make and draw these map in within