New Forum Icon Discussion

Off-Topic conversations, forum games, fun topics and pretty much anything else that doesn't fit into any other forum.
Jesse James

New Forum Icon Discussion

Postby Jesse James » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:57 am

I am not too happy with the icons we have for the forums right now. I'd like to discuss alternatives in this thread here.

These icons will replace the forum icons. The ones that indicate if there is a new post or no new posts.

If we get a direction we like individual thread icons will also be changed to match. (This would include icons for topics with new threads, topics with polls, topics that are "hot", topics that have been moved etc)

The idea with this set plays on the greek concept of the fates. Our group mascot. There are three greek pillars, one for each of the fates.
markerold.png
No New Threads
markerold.png (4.87 KiB) Viewed 2594 times

markernew.png
New Threads
markernew.png (5.16 KiB) Viewed 2594 times

Like them? hate them? have a better idea? Share your thoughts!
Attachments
markerold2.png
No New Thread Black
markerold2.png (4.79 KiB) Viewed 2583 times
Tonex

Re: New Forum Icon Discussion

Postby Tonex » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:08 am

Sure, why not
Pwnage

Postby Pwnage » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:18 am

I really enjoy those new icons. I meant to edit the default icons when I was editing the theme, but couldn't think of something suitable. These are fantastic, well done.
Jesse James

Postby Jesse James » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:26 am

Steaks doesn't like the red one. I don't quite like it either. It doesn't "pop" quite as loudly as the white one.

A possible solution is making the white one the alert for a new post and turn the red one into a black one to signify there are no new posts.

Also, do the pillars require too much explanation? Would people constantly be scratching their heads about what they are? (is that something we wouldn't mind? mystery can be alluring after all)

Edit: Added a black icon to the original post.
magic_hero

Postby magic_hero » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:45 am

Yes, the pillars do require too much explanation, the thing that actually came to my mind first is the III for 3 in Warcraft.