werewolf ai

This is a forum where you can ask our code monkeys for assistance. Questions on technical help belong here.
isaelk

werewolf ai

Postby isaelk » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:48 am

Hello there!
I was just wondering if there is any way of you make an ai version for werefolf - transylvania. I dont have a good internet in the country where I am now, and I am searching for interesting maps that I can play alone (against computer).
sry my english, tks.
DarkAlphaX

werewolf ai

Postby DarkAlphaX » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:17 am

Man,that game would SUCK.I am sorry to say that,but you cant play it.If the PC will be WW , he wont spare you or anything like that.Also,some AIs i saw that they see the whole map and target the nearbiest enemy (MineralZ).So,when he will have alot of minions,MOVING and KILLING everything and everywhere,he will soon target you.Or he could possibly also run into oberon - And what would he do as villager?Hunt?Build?
B2zeldafreak

werewolf ai

Postby B2zeldafreak » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:55 pm

This would not be a bad idea if someone was willing to spend the time and effort to make a good AI.

@Darkalpha

A properly coded AI would not have any of those problems. For an example of a good AI you could check out DOTA's AI version. You'll notice that it isn't quite the same as playing with real people but the AI is competitive.
Luff

werewolf ai

Postby Luff » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:21 am

It would be damn hard to make an AI for such a map.
Tonex

werewolf ai

Postby Tonex » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:02 am

Allt he custom incomes would be hell.
B2zeldafreak

werewolf ai

Postby B2zeldafreak » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:32 pm

Tonex wrote:Allt he custom incomes would be hell.
None of it would really be that difficult. It would take someone familiar with programming WC3's AI, and it would take some time and effort, but none of it is overall that difficult to create tasks for.

Basically for professions you create something to choose a profession. Then a basic tech tree of what the AI should shoot for in the game, combined with some if/thens of amount of gold and other variables.
(Note that I have no actual experience in WC3 AI, this is just a basic process you might use)

It obviously wouldn't be as good as a human, but you could create a competitive player.
Tonex

werewolf ai

Postby Tonex » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:18 am

Hm, true.
kanzer

Re: werewolf ai

Postby kanzer » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:25 am

It is quite interesting, who knows the future
__________________________JUGADORES QUE HABLEN ESPAÑOL PUEDEN CONTACTARSE CONMIGO

_________________________________________________Image________________________
trireaper

Re: werewolf ai

Postby trireaper » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:13 am

If anything, have it kind-of set like how the werewolf randomly chooses a person to be it. Set up a few sets of scripts for the AI to choose from and it randomly chooses what kind of player it will be. Obviously, this would change if it is chosen to be the werewolf. You could even change their setups based on what difficulty is set for them. Having no knowledge of how AI works in WC3, I have absolutely no clue how feasible this is.