Work on Vampire Hunter

Discussion of the game 'Vampire Hunter'.

Created by Jesse_James
MrFluffy

Work on Vampire Hunter

Postby MrFluffy » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:52 am

B2zeldafreak wrote:
MrFluffy wrote:Well too bad :( I hope you change your mind some day :) Im currently learning to do some programming :P dont know why just started it out of boredom :P but what do you actually need to make a map besides wc3 world editor :) maybe I could try and tweak it a bit (I have lots of free time :) ) and of course with your permission
WC3 editor is more of an excercise in patience than programming. You don't need to program anything to make a great map, in fact WWT is made mostly with just triggers.

To make a good map in WC3 or SC2 you need the patience to learn the ins and outs of the editor, and then take the time making all the data (units, buildings, tech tree) and triggers, and terrain to make people want to play the map. SC2 adds quite a bit of complexity to this, but ultimately gives you more options as the map maker.

That being said, many programming principles and disciplines do apply in the map maker.
thanks a lot for the info :) Hollydays are here and I will have lots of free time :) so I will get as much practise as I can :)
Simplehuman

Work on Vampire Hunter

Postby Simplehuman » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:32 am

<3 Vampire Hunter