[Resolved] Revert back to one-tree weather solution.

Please report any errors, bugs, exploits or glitches here.
SarKonTaLk

[Resolved] Revert back to one-tree weather solution.

Postby SarKonTaLk » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:28 pm

Ever since the 2 tree solution for the weather effect was introduced (one visible and one invisible on the same spot) a lot of game-breaking bugs have appeared in the game:
*Whims of Druid doesn't cut the trees as it is supposed to - trees become invisible/unpassable and can't be cut/regrown ; trees require 2 uses of the item to be cut ; trees can't be cut at all.
*Lumberjacks can't harvest lumber in late/mid game - you can't click on a tree at all ; when you click on a tree a message appears that the tree is invulnerable.

Back on the old versions whenever the season was changing, there was a small freeze period that on extremely rare occasions caused a game crash. The solution in there was to replace the trees with other type (there weren't 2 trees on the same spot as it is now). You could return the old solution and alleviate the crash/freeze problem by making the tree switch periodically on different regions instead doing that for the the whole map instantaneously or just remove the weather change if you can't deal with the problem. It will solve so much of the problems that you (the developers) currently can't address. It is really not OK to have those bugs, because of a simple aesthetics feature.

Thank you for your time.
chaosZ

Re: Revert back to one-tree weather solution.

Postby chaosZ » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:11 pm

Like SarKonTaLk says the bug is making people aggrieved at very critical times :D so we need urgently a minor update that winter tree will be disabled until bug resolved :D We really need wood ,buying is draining all our precious golds :D
Pwnage

Postby Pwnage » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:25 am

SarKonTaLk, I've been incredibly frustrated with this bug since I attempted to fix the vision changes. Please know that it has been permanently solved. My solution was flawed simply because my assumptions of the GUI (Trigger) system were wrong. I've now switched to writing everything in vJASS where there is full transparency, and have fixed various systems.

The next patch will have proper season changes with no visual oddities. You will not be able to see trees being chopped in the fog, and you won't be able to see into other peoples' bases. It should also never crash as I've eliminated all memory leaks.
Pwnage.@USEast
KidsEatFree

Postby KidsEatFree » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:39 pm

Did you fix ghoul bug? It seems like its fixed
Pwnage

Postby Pwnage » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:16 am

KidsEatFree wrote:Did you fix ghoul bug? It seems like its fixed

Indeed, I did. I'm glad you noticed!
Pwnage.@USEast