Weirdest Glitch ever involves bone piles

Please report any errors, bugs, exploits or glitches here.
Koby_Fish

Weirdest Glitch ever involves bone piles

Postby Koby_Fish » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:23 pm

I just had the weirdest glitchy game ever. I wasn't werewolf, and I picked up a lot of acorns and sold them. I transmuted all four gargolyes at the castle. Suddenly I could no longer sell to the shop by the castle. I tried selling at the mining place in the south, and also could not sell. Same with the wandering salespersons and all other neutral sellers. I could buy just fine, though. I didn't test allied buildings for selling though (other players).

When I went in the wolf cave, the bone piles that spawn carcasses came alive, followed me, and attacked me, doing 1 damage per hit. However the bone piles were invulnerable and could not be targeted. Every bone pile anywhere on the map did this, but they only attacked my units and nobody else's. They only went a certain distance before returning to roughly where they had been, or close to entrance of wolf cave if they'd left wolf cave. I don't know whether how many whims of the druid I had in inventory at the time had anything to do with it, or the fact that somehow I'd gotten a stack of 7 whims of the druid due to some other bug.

In any case I could ONLY sell to my own buildings (and possibly allied players' buildings). Any idea what exactly triggered the glitch? What could possibly cause the bone piles to suddenly become an AI hostile unit? What messes with the selling on neutral sales buildings etc?
Falanor

Re: Weirdest Glitch ever involves bone piles

Postby Falanor » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:22 pm

Replay link (at about minute ~25)
At least they are not killing you instantly :D
Pretty funny bug I must say.
Video is here: http://falanor.dlinkddns.com:83/files/bone_piles_bug.mp4
Koby_Fish

Postby Koby_Fish » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:42 pm

Falanor wrote:Replay link (at about minute ~25)
At least they are not killing you instantly :D
Pretty funny bug I must say.
Video is here: http://falanor.dlinkddns.com:83/files/bone_piles_bug.mp4

Yeah I invited the other players to go into the wolf cave to witness the weirdness, like Stormblessed I think saw it too. It was pretty funny. :D Mostly the piles went after my plant monster but since they drop carcasses at regular intervals that wasn't a big problem.
ITDude

Postby ITDude » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:12 pm

This happened to me when I killed Abextadoo
Koby_Fish

Postby Koby_Fish » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:19 pm

ITDude wrote:This happened to me when I killed Abextadoo

With spears, before the spear exploit was fixed?
Jesse James

Postby Jesse James » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:14 pm

If there is another trigger like killing Abextadoo that can cause this maybe the community can do some data digging for us and find out what the cause is.

I haven't a clue what actually causes this. Likely a WC3 error. Though we can limit exposure if we know what the source is.
Koby_Fish

Postby Koby_Fish » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:16 pm

Jesse James wrote:If there is another trigger like killing Abextadoo that can cause this maybe the community can do some data digging for us and find out what the cause is.

I haven't a clue what actually causes this. Likely a WC3 error. Though we can limit exposure if we know what the source is.

I'm going to try to recreate the glitch if i get the chance (if those damn TKers would leave me alone lol)
Koby_Fish

Postby Koby_Fish » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:22 am

attempted to trigger the glitch again. Simply tramsmuting ALL the gargs (at night) doesn't do it. I'm assuming that whatever does it, based on information about what happened when abexadoo was killable-killed, has something to do with the code surrounding the allegiance of neutral units and it somehow unallies them, like holding a spear auto-unallies the animals.
Pwnage

Postby Pwnage » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:59 am

Koby_Fish wrote:attempted to trigger the glitch again. Simply tramsmuting ALL the gargs (at night) doesn't do it. I'm assuming that whatever does it, based on information about what happened when abexadoo was killable-killed, has something to do with the code surrounding the allegiance of neutral units and it somehow unallies them, like holding a spear auto-unallies the animals.

I'm assuming you've hit the nail on the head. In 1.26 I added some code to make sure all spells made both parties to be unallied. Previously you could just transmute animals/people's units & wives without drawing aggression. In 1.26 I messed this up a bit and all sorts of weird shenanigans occurred, like crafting acorns made you unally yourself and certain spells on specific units like weavols caused you to not be able to buy/sell, though I thought I fixed everything . I'll see if this is indeed the issue and resolve it when I'm on a computer with the code.
Pwnage.@USEast
dudlan66

Postby dudlan66 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:26 pm

This glitch happens when you transmute gargoyles at the end of night (Night/Day) when ww transforming to its human form. I think it has to do something with period when WW is changing to human and triggering of unallying animals.
It will state that player 16 has unallied you and all pc's building are unallied to you including castle and you will no longer be able to sell to shops and corpses will attack you .
Please follow and support us on
www.footballhed.com
Koby_Fish

Postby Koby_Fish » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:05 pm

dudlan66 wrote:This glitch happens when you transmute gargoyles at the end of night (Night/Day) when ww transforming to its human form. I think it has to do something with period when WW is changing to human and triggering of unallying animals.
It will state that player 16 has unallied you and all pc's building are unallied to you including castle and you will no longer be able to sell to shops and corpses will attack you .

Yeah that's right, I'd transmuted a gargolye just as day was beginning. Ah, it all makes sense now, but I don't recall seeing the player 16 message, although I may not have been paying attention. I think it has to do with the same reason it happened with Abexadoo, and that's because during the day Gargs are supposed to stone form and thus be invulnerable to any attack, though in many instances during the day they'll somehow continue to attack. Somehow destroying what are supposed to be invulnerable units must be the trigger.
Pwnage

Postby Pwnage » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:15 am

Koby_Fish wrote:Yeah that's right, I'd transmuted a gargolye just as day was beginning. Ah, it all makes sense now, but I don't recall seeing the player 16 message, although I may not have been paying attention. I think it has to do with the same reason it happened with Abexadoo, and that's because during the day Gargs are supposed to stone form and thus be invulnerable to any attack, though in many instances during the day they'll somehow continue to attack. Somehow destroying what are supposed to be invulnerable units must be the trigger.

It's possible the message was already removed, though I've modified the code to make sure nothing of this sort happens again. I've never encountered the gargoyles staying transformed during the day, but I'll look into this. Also, I think Abexadoo might be something with spear shot's allowed targets, which may include invulnerable units, though I'm unsure and I'll fix the problem if that's the case.
Pwnage.@USEast
Koby_Fish

Postby Koby_Fish » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:58 am

Pwnage wrote:
Koby_Fish wrote:Yeah that's right, I'd transmuted a gargolye just as day was beginning. Ah, it all makes sense now, but I don't recall seeing the player 16 message, although I may not have been paying attention. I think it has to do with the same reason it happened with Abexadoo, and that's because during the day Gargs are supposed to stone form and thus be invulnerable to any attack, though in many instances during the day they'll somehow continue to attack. Somehow destroying what are supposed to be invulnerable units must be the trigger.

It's possible the message was already removed, though I've modified the code to make sure nothing of this sort happens again. I've never encountered the gargoyles staying transformed during the day, but I'll look into this. Also, I think Abexadoo might be something with spear shot's allowed targets, which may include invulnerable units, though I'm unsure and I'll fix the problem if that's the case.

Sometimes Gargs stay transformed going into day if they're still fighting someone, then they stone form after they hit the trigger HP value or a little while after the person runs away, and will stay that way for the rest of day.