[Confirmed] Trees Moving in the fog

Please report any errors, bugs, exploits or glitches here.
kanzer

[Confirmed] Trees Moving in the fog

Postby kanzer » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:07 pm

Is it normal to see the trees moving without being close?

The trees activate the felling animation, and when you go to see there are lumberjacks without even having approached you, I think it can become a devalued bug, unless this is only seen by the wolf
__________________________JUGADORES QUE HABLEN ESPAÑOL PUEDEN CONTACTARSE CONMIGO

_________________________________________________Image________________________
Strudelteig

Re: Trees Moving in the fog

Postby Strudelteig » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:21 am

I'm asking myself the same question.

To me it seems like a feature not a bug. Thou most of the time I forget to look for those moving trees. I just had a game 5 mins ago where I found wolfs base this way.
Jesse James

Postby Jesse James » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:52 pm

I know exactly what you're talking about without having to test it. We've had this problem in the past and I think the solution created a collision problem with the trees with the seasonal shifts that we just fixed (which brought this error back). We might be at the edge of the editors limitations here but we will definitely look into a work around. Thanks for reporting guys.
Pwnage

Postby Pwnage » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:18 pm

Jesse is correct, and I have noticed this myself. Unintended consequence of fixing a problem where you are able to see over trees when you are near them. I'll try to think up a solution for this. The Warcraft 3 engine is limiting, but there's usually a way to get it to work for us ;)

Update [12-08-2016]: This problem may not be solvable. The problem is due to the new seasonal change, but appears to be at the edge of the Fog of war mechanics. I've tried various solutions already to this problem, but nothing works consistently. Problem only persists in winter, fall trees cannot be seen in the fog of war. Possible solution may be to create a new fog of war system. . . .
Pwnage.@USEast