[Resolved] early killing Timber w one strike

Please report any errors, bugs, exploits or glitches here.
Strudelteig

[Resolved] early killing Timber w one strike

Postby Strudelteig » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:57 am

Hi guys.

Can somebody explain to me how this is possible?
green villager killed Timber at min 13:24 instantly after Timber spawned. I like to do this too - but it takes me bear traps and a little bit more than just boots (!) in the inventory.
Is he using toxic bomb ability? How can he achieve it after 13min when all the time he was fishing?
Is there a secret I don't know? Well, there are many I don't know.

Another interesting thing happens exactly afterwards: 'reddawn1' walks with his army of archers straight to my new built (werewolf)base using the caves(!). Did he research the vision-thingy? is he just lucky as the rabbit? or is he eventually using maphack?

Would like to hear your (especially admin) opinions.

heres the link to the replay:

http://falanor.dlinkddns.com:83/replay/ ... layers.w3g

ty.

Strudel
Falanor

Re: early killing Timber w one strike

Postby Falanor » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:02 pm

Hey!
I've watched the replay.
First guy uses ability which you get after sending some ships in the lighthouse. If I remember correctly, you can't use it on villager but for any other mob it’s an instant "sell" ability.

Reddawn1's last move looks quite suspicious; I'll have to investigate it further.
Strudelteig

Postby Strudelteig » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:42 pm

Hey Falanor, I appreciate your reply!

Maybe it's also of your conceirn that the mentioned user above uses commands like "!start" or "!a" to start/abort countdown before the game starts. Quite annoying behaviour whoever he wants to or might be.
And I know it's not against the rules, but by attacking randomly and killing my wife without any reason he declared himself as my personal target besides ww. hehe.

thanks and keep up the good work.

Strudel
Reddawn1

Postby Reddawn1 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:05 am

I was looking to kill the special animal rocky and you happened to be there lel.
If I maphack why am i not ranked top ten
Last edited by Reddawn1 on Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jesse James

Postby Jesse James » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:33 pm

I haven't viewed the replay but it sounds like the individual used transmute for an instant kill. This seems not to be in the spirit of the boss fights because it is an instant win. Two solutions to this problem occur to me.

1. The first, we give the bosses magic immunity (this will make them difficult to defeat in other regards as no spells will be usable).

2. The second option is to make them a hero unit. This also presents the idea that as the game goes on they could level up and increase in difficulty while preventing things like transmute from being applicable (while still allowing things like throwing daggers).

Both situations have downsides. In the hero scenario we would have to prevent them from being recruit-able. Zombies with an army of leveled up bosses could be a disaster.

Thoughts, opinions, other options? Discuss :wink:
StrelokNPP

Postby StrelokNPP » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:50 pm

To be honest, Jesse, not once in last 100 games at least have I killed a boss. Why? Because it is simply not worth my time for the coin reward. That+s just me though, other people keep killing them regularly. Only time when I go for it is when I am the WW for level upping.
If you buff bosses, that would be a good thing if they gave increased loot as well. Perhaps adding a set of boss-pelt only items which you can forge, giving some kind of boosts?
Reddawn1

Postby Reddawn1 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:45 pm

Lol falanor why did you ban me? Yes I tk a bunch of people, but if anyone can cry about getting killed and get the other played banned, they should look for another game that doesnt involve killing.
Falanor

Postby Falanor » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:14 pm

Reddawn1 wrote:Lol falanor why did you ban me? Yes I tk a bunch of people, but if anyone can cry about getting killed and get the other played banned, they should look for another game that doesnt involve killing.
But the ban is more symbolic than practical. i can still play on bot

It’s sad that after so many years you came down to this. You helped with developing even. Are you tired of the game? Why not just quit then?
Last few games played by you show quite obvious maphacking. You thought that changing account will hide who is playing? Really?
Some here played by Statsi:
By Byzantios (you wanted me to ban him for maphacking, didnt you?):
By Reddawn1:
By Vietcong:
You just run strait to people with your dog and kill them. Through the whole map. Without any chance of knowing where they are.
That is pathetic, my friend, to end up like this. And now you are making new accounts and raging on people to make your revenge, well, go ahead.
Reddawn1

Postby Reddawn1 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:04 pm

I never asked you to ban Byzantios. I asked you to ban someone else. BUt I did get lv10 dog to tk people
Jesse James

Re: [Confirmed] early killing Timber w one strike

Postby Jesse James » Tue May 09, 2017 6:46 pm

Timber race type was critter and not creep. Transmute was hard coded such that the unit level condition was only applied to creeps. I have changed Timbers type to creep so that he (level 8) will no longer be a viable target for transmute.