[Resolved] Trees - whim of the druid

Please report any errors, bugs, exploits or glitches here.
ITDude

[Resolved] Trees - whim of the druid

Postby ITDude » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:18 pm

Currently in the game but the trees you chop down keep the space and wont allow walking through nor building over.
ITDude

Re: Trees - whim of the druid

Postby ITDude » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:59 pm

Last edited by ITDude on Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ITDude

Postby ITDude » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:00 pm

Also noticed they will regrow with weather change
Jesse James

Postby Jesse James » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:02 pm

Thanks for reporting! We'll take a look.
Pwnage

Postby Pwnage » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:45 pm

This has been absolutely confirmed, and I know exactly why this is. It shall be dealt with, thank you.
Pwnage.@USEast
Koby_Fish

Postby Koby_Fish » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:50 pm

Pwnage wrote:This has been absolutely confirmed, and I know exactly why this is. It shall be dealt with, thank you.

I've noticed that in addition, if you have a lot of them in your inventory, it won't actually chop the tree. If you have like 2 or 4 in your inventory it'll remove a tree like usual and you can walk through, but if it's more (like so that you have 2 sets of whims in inventory) what can end up happening is an attempt to remove a tree simply transfers the whim in inventory to the other stack, without using up a whim or removing the tree. I ended up with a stack of 11 whim (instead of the usual max 8 per stack) this way.

What's causing the whim bugs and pathing bugs (in regards to whim)?
Pwnage

Trees - whim of the druid

Postby Pwnage » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:49 pm

A general update: this was resolved [12-04-16].

Koby_Fish wrote:I've noticed that in addition, if you have a lot of them in your inventory, it won't actually chop the tree. If you have like 2 or 4 in your inventory it'll remove a tree like usual and you can walk through, but if it's more (like so that you have 2 sets of whims in inventory) what can end up happening is an attempt to remove a tree simply transfers the whim in inventory to the other stack, without using up a whim or removing the tree. I ended up with a stack of 11 whim (instead of the usual max 8 per stack) this way.

Indeed, this is a symptom of the same problem.
Koby_Fish wrote:What's causing the whim bugs and pathing bugs (in regards to whim)?

In order to address vision bugs extant in previous versions during seasonal changes (units/buildings being able to see over trees), I modified seasons to the following:

First Winter:
    1) A winter tree is created at every Fall tree point
    2) The fall tree is hidden; previously it was removed form the game which was causing the vision problem

Falls:
    1)Fall tree is unhidden
    2) Winter tree is hidden
Subsequent Winters:
    1) Winter tree unhidden
    2) Fall tree unhidden

There's actually a number of things I forgot to comment out in 1.27.01 and the seasons are inaccurately controlling weather, and some extra trees were being created during winter occasionally... Oops!

Trees are now created only once: during the 1st winter, and every season change takes about 1.7-1.9 seconds on my computer (I'll do some more testing on an older computer), though I'll try to reduce this time further.

The reason why whim currently doesn't work is because the whim is set to look for a tree and kill it. However, there are 2 trees (or more) in every space where a tree resides. When you use whim, it tends to kill the invisible one first, which is why you have to use it twice to kill trees. However, trees will regrow and pathing is messed up due to invulnerability of second tree... All of this has been fixed now, I apologize for the sloppy programming!
Pwnage.@USEast
SarKonTaLk

Re: [Resolved] Trees - whim of the druid

Postby SarKonTaLk » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:34 am

I would like to confirm that this bug has been partially resolved (for version 1.27.01). Winter trees still require 2 uses of whims of druid. Also I noticed that in late game the invisible (unpassable) tree bug still occurs.

Postby dudlan66 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:23 pm

No it wasn't . There are still bases you can't enter even after cutting trees. There were countless times werewolf lost because of this issue
Please follow and support us on
www.footballhed.com
SarKonTaLk

Postby SarKonTaLk » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:59 am

I think this bugs occurs only after the first or the second winter. Would be nice if the developers fix this for the next version.