[Resolved] Shield - Forging Upgrade Bug 1.26

Please report any errors, bugs, exploits or glitches here.
SarKonTaLk

[Resolved] Shield - Forging Upgrade Bug 1.26

Postby SarKonTaLk » Wed May 25, 2016 3:07 pm

The Shield upgrade (45 ore) that a villager can obtain from forging is supposed to grant immunity to special abilities, but its broken. After obtaining the upgrade another villager managed to use the fishing net ability on my villager (in day). I was werewolf in that game, I haven't tested if it works for non-werewolf players, but I can confirm that it doesn't work for werewolf players. I am not sure if this is a bug or not. It all depends on what "Special Abilities" means (in the description of the Shield forging upgrade), but I suppose it describes the special abilities of villagers like spearshot, fishing net and toxic bomb. I hope someone clarifies that issue for me. Thank you.
Jesse James

Re: Shield - Forging Upgrade Bug 1.26

Postby Jesse James » Wed May 25, 2016 8:43 pm

I'll have to look into this. The net is a special case item that might bend the rules in some unforeseen way.
Jesse James

Postby Jesse James » Thu May 26, 2016 8:47 pm

Could you provide additional information or the replay for the game in question? I cannot seem to duplicate the bug.
SarKonTaLk

Postby SarKonTaLk » Thu May 26, 2016 11:07 pm

[Resolved]When you are werewolf and you die you are immediately kicked out of the game and you are not allowed to save the replay, so I don't have it. In that specific game I was aware that the other player had fishing net ability, so I got the Shield upgrade to be on the safe side during day. After a couple of transformations (nights) I found his villager buildings walls in front of his base (in day time). He used his fishing net ability successfully on my villager and went out to finish me with his army. We were both awesome (level 25) and I also had the fishing net ability.
Falanor

Postby Falanor » Thu May 26, 2016 11:15 pm

If you were playing on FBot you can find all the replays here. Yet any wc3 game you play is being saved as "LastReplay.w3g" in your game folder even if you were kicked.
SarKonTaLk

Postby SarKonTaLk » Sat May 28, 2016 12:05 am

Thank you for the information, but I rarely play on Fbot, because it takes too long to get full house in there. I only join in there from time to time to download the latest version and on rare occasions to play if there are some people in the room. It is usually empty. I host the game with the ent bots. I don't have the replay. However I didn't consider the possibility of the fishing net item. I will ask the player if I see him again to check if he remembers what he used on my villager - the item or the ability - but I almost certain he had the ability unlocked since he was fishing that game.

[Resolved]Another Bug: Trying to build more than 15 ivory towers consumes the resources without giving them back after the message "15 is the limit". I am also not sure if that was intended or not :) . You can deplete all your resources by just trying to do that repeatedly, which can happen by mistake if you use the Shift Button to issue multiple commands.
Rasepi

Postby Rasepi » Sun May 29, 2016 1:52 pm

Hi, i can also confirm that the shield does not work properly with "fishing net" ability. I wasn't Werewolf this game, had a shield a still got caught by it.

I think i can find a replay and post it here if necessary.

Cheers!
Tonex

Postby Tonex » Tue May 31, 2016 9:27 am

This bug occurs because the net ability is based off of the "physical" spell, Ensnare, which is not affected by spell immunity. To fix this, we need to use a different base ability. Do we want to just make it a long duration damageless stun?
ITDude

Postby ITDude » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:37 am

I can confirm it ensnare you having magic immunity and not being werewolf
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ofib3uvy6qm6p12/Ensnared%20with%20immunity.w3g?dl=0
Jesse James

Postby Jesse James » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:17 pm

Thanks guys. I'll rework it so that it uses a different base ability that will respect magic immunity.
Coronatorum

Postby Coronatorum » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:36 pm

After fixing the issue with shield, the "fishnet" hotkey stopped working. (all other hotkeys work perfectly)
Jesse James

Postby Jesse James » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:46 am

Ah. I replaced the ability and must have forgotten the hotkeys. My bad.
Pwnage

Postby Pwnage » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:39 pm

SarKonTaLk wrote:Another Bug: Trying to build more than 15 ivory towers consumes the resources without giving them back after the message "15 is the limit". I am also not sure if that was intended or not :) . You can deplete all your resources by just trying to do that repeatedly, which can happen by mistake if you use the Shift Button to issue multiple commands.

You are correct, this is indeed bugged despite a trigger specifically added to counteract such an occurrence. It seems we thought about the problem and trusted our code without adequate testing, thank you for reporting this, it was most definitely unintended!
Pwnage.@USEast
Jesse James

Postby Jesse James » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:18 pm

We can use the transmute trigger we built for another refund operation.
Pwnage

Postby Pwnage » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:05 am

Jesse James wrote:We can use the transmute trigger we built for another refund operation.

Just patched it. I initially tried patching it up with the transmute trigger we used for the open gates, but something interfered with both the add resources and transmutation... Less severe, the floating text never removed itself. I fixed this by moving the add 200 to gold/lumber to the beginning of the trigger and adding a lifespan to the floating text.
Pwnage.@USEast