WW is overpowered

Post and discuss your suggestions for future Werewolf versions here.
Agilled

WW is overpowered

Postby Agilled » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:14 pm

That's all I want to say, ww being able to kill you first night is just stupid. You can't even run away while you've got net already on second night. Making ww even faster was imo one of the worst ideas, its almost impossilbe to kill ww now. You have to be really bad to lose, while playing as him.

I've even seen that you want to give ww better ghouls, now I'm like wtf? He is overpowered already!
Stormblessed

Re: WW is overpowered

Postby Stormblessed » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:08 pm

Your opinion has been undermined the moment you claimed that werewolf can kill you night 1..yes he can...if you are v.bad LOL :D (health regeneration, "certain spots", no ghouls :DD)

Making him faster doesn't influence the gameplay, infact it balances things out given winter owl and shit.

It appears to me you don't understand an idea that if you go into the woods at night you are risking your life. It appears to me some people liked how they were invincible hunters because werewolf struggled in hunting them down in the woods having practically 0 vision. It appears to me that some people actually liked things like 12 seconds fish net and stuff..10k coffee..because they liked showing that middlefinger to werewolf player, constantly, and now that this injustice is over the cry begins because game started to demand some surviability from the players.

Tip:

Not that there are 7 players against werewolf, certainly if you are struggling so much at surviving by yourself, perhaps you should seek shelter together with other players, I don't know \o/
Pwnage

Postby Pwnage » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:52 pm

Agilled, thanks for your post, it's nice to get feedback.

The werewolf should be able to kill a lone villager, particularly during the first night, I don't really understand how this is stupid. It should be difficult to survive as the villager, that's one aspect of the game that has been lacking for many years now. The fact that the werewolf is able to wreak havoc more easily is a sign that the game is moving in the right direction. After all, this is a survival game, and it should at least be a difficult one. Granted, it's possible the werewolf may be TOO strong, though the statistics don't currently confirm this. If you're having trouble killing the werewolf at night, that's good, you should discover who the werewolf is and hunt him down to murder him in his somewhat vulnerable human state. The day is when the wolf is weak; he will have fewer units, and no ghouls to protect him.

"Better" ghouls may not be the proper terminology. We have a few ideas on how to rework the ghouls. Currently, one model is to increase ghoul strength over time, as a reward for surviving longer. Another ghoul would be to have various werewolf units, similar to before, though fitting into the (new) combat triangle.
Pwnage.@USEast
KidsEatFree

Postby KidsEatFree » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:47 am

Pwnage wrote:Agilled, thanks for your post, it's nice to get feedback.

The werewolf should be able to kill a lone villager, particularly during the first night, I don't really understand how this is stupid. It should be difficult to survive as the villager, that's one aspect of the game that has been lacking for many years now. The fact that the werewolf is able to wreak havoc more easily is a sign that the game is moving in the right direction. After all, this is a survival game, and it should at least be a difficult one. Granted, it's possible the werewolf may be TOO strong, though the statistics don't currently confirm this. If you're having trouble killing the werewolf at night, that's good, you should discover who the werewolf is and hunt him down to murder him in his somewhat vulnerable human state. The day is when the wolf is weak; he will have fewer units, and no ghouls to protect him.

"Better" ghouls may not be the proper terminology. We have a few ideas on how to rework the ghouls. Currently, one model is to increase ghoul strength over time, as a reward for surviving longer. Another ghoul would be to have various werewolf units, similar to before, though fitting into the (new) combat triangle.

Pwnage, what about adding re-searchable tech back to the Werewolf that adds global auras only to ghouls and is paid for with lumber that is given to ww based on kills?
Pwnage

Postby Pwnage » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:27 pm

I'm not a fan of auras as a solution, though I do fancy the aspect of research. We've thrown the idea around that the werewolf should be able to collect some sort of resources from kills independent of gold/lumber. Something like souls, or essence, which could be used to temporarily increase the wolf's power. I wouldn't want the wolf to be able to get permanently stronger through research since he should already be getting pretty strong, and assuming ghouls will change eventually (after we stop them from disappearing) we'll need many games played before we can determine what constitutes a viable change.
Pwnage.@USEast