Spear Shot Abuse

Post and discuss your suggestions for future Werewolf versions here.
Naufon

Spear Shot Abuse

Postby Naufon » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:06 am

The Spear Shot ability that hunters get which stun and deals a good amount of damage needs a longer cooldown and here's why.

Villager can go in and out of his house as many times as he wants, being protected by a massive amount of HP and armor from the house and spamming this Spear Shot ability while his troops + Gem of True Sight building kills you with ease.

Either reduce the stun of it or increase the cooldown. It is too OP having your unit stunned while you take massive amounts of damage.
Stormblessed

Re: Spear Shot Abuse

Postby Stormblessed » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:54 am

You know nothing Naufon!
Jesse James

Postby Jesse James » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:48 pm

Spear shot is a single target ability. Perhaps a work around for this is to bring more than one unit to your siege. Both as a villager and a wolf you are granted other units to wage war outside of single combat.
Naufon

Postby Naufon » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:05 pm

Even if I did bring more units, his ranged units and towers would focus on me (the wolf), along with him going in and out of his house Spear Shooting me. Both my werewolf undead units and my human units are a lot weaker than his units and so my units die very easily. Am I supposed to focus on upgrading my human units while leveling the werewolf hero? I did upgrade the human units a bit but they were still a lot weaker than his.

By the time I bust through his walls, my werewolf hero is at half health. (with an army behind me) I go over to his farmer hero and start attacking him, and he just goes in and out of his house to spear shoot me while his units and towers are focused primarily on my werewolf hero and he has the true sight building so I can't prowl. I could have taken down his true sight building but I assumed at the time that it had too much HP to down quickly enough.

Another note: The game I played was a full house and I quickly killed every player one by one besides for this last one, so my wolf hero was super fed. This last player also had a zombie player helping him out which was pretty annoying in that he did a lot of damage to me and my units.
Stormblessed

Postby Stormblessed » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:12 am

You know nothing Naufon!(again)

In other words you are frustrated because you don't know what to do and you are asking us, here, to teach you how to play werewolf. Well, there is a tutorial somewhere on the site and also infinitely many replays that you could learn from!

Papa Werewolf already gave you a good hint :-)