Tournaments for top 100 players

Post and discuss your suggestions for future Werewolf versions here.
dudlan66

Tournaments for top 100 players

Postby dudlan66 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:12 pm

What about hosting tournaments each week for top 100 players?
I believe this could boost motivation of players playing this map as people would try to get to 100 rank.
This can be added into stats and wins for tournament would be 10x more than regular game

This can be hosted every Sunday afternoon when there is highest traffic of people playing
Please follow and support us on
www.footballhed.com
Falanor

Re: Tournaments for top 100 players

Postby Falanor » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:35 am

Hey, mate! Thank you for suggesting this. I had the same idea a while ago but it needs a lot of technical improvement of the bot.

We can’t allow only top 100 players to join the game in the most popular time, so we will have to make a separate bot that will kick players lower than 100. That means I need a new CD-key to be able to do that on official servers, which I don’t have. Yet I’d have to rewrite score system for that bot, and do some database tweaks.

I’m not saying that it’s very hard, I just don’t have much time right now. However, we will do it someday hopefully. I like the idea.
Jesse James

Re: Tournaments for top 100 players

Postby Jesse James » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:04 pm

I agree with Falanor. It's a fantastic idea but we don't have the resources right now. Without a bot to automate the process (which would take substantial input from Falanor) we would need to coordinate games manually and that would require a great deal of man hours for someone. Definitely something to keep in mind as we proceed though. I'd love to inspire more community participation by offering rewards like bot stats. We could even offer special codes for winners to give them cosmetic attributes in game.