Suggestion about zombie

Post and discuss your suggestions for future Werewolf versions here.
NaturalCauzes

Suggestion about zombie

Postby NaturalCauzes » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:31 pm

So i have a suggestion that if a player gets killed by the werewolf, instead of turning into a zombie that can then just continue to fuck over the vamp.

that player turns into a wolf. This wolf can't attack the werewolf forcing it to actually attack the other humans. You can give it abilities like Roar (bonus attack dmg in aoe), Howl (makes units run away from you), Swipes (passive, %chance to slow down and deal d.o.t), ultimate is sniff (farsights in a 1000 aoe around your wolf)
Jesse James

Re: Suggestion about zombie

Postby Jesse James » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:09 pm

The zombie has always been neutral. Players get to decide who they want to victimize. Forcing a player to fight in favor of the wolf would skew the game almost entirely in the favor of the wolf. This is very evident in most versions of Vampirism. When the vampire converts a player he becomes exponentially stronger. If he gets them too quickly a single player cannot win the game and is doomed to failure regardless of their prowess. To counter-act this effect vampirism makes late game villagers nearly impossible to kill unless a vampire has many underlings to help him. So if you have a large group of good players the vampire will fizzle out and be useless. Effectively 2/3 of the game can be unwinnable for one player or another which I think is poor design.

The zombies aren't meant to tip the tides of the game, but they can still have an impact on the outcome of the game. They get to decide who they defend/attack and they aren't terribly strong even when they are high level so while they can get lucky if a villager is out and about and unaware they generally just influence the outcome of battles against wolf and villagers by picking a side and fighting for them.

I am certainly open to ideas about tweaking the zombies or finding solutions to making them more neutral if we find that they overwhelmingly seek revenge on the wolf (though many villagers are killed by other villagers and would likely seek revenge on them regardless of their night time proclivities).
British Merchant

Postby British Merchant » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:44 pm

If you remove zombies then you will lose new players. Zombie is something that made me interested into this game. Astrozvar keep your opinons for yourself not everyone agrees with you. I know ww is little underpowered but again if there were no zombies then ,no fun game for noobs
Jesse James

Postby Jesse James » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:17 pm

British Merchant wrote:If you remove zombies then you will lose new players. Zombie is something that made me interested into this game. Astrozvar keep your opinons for yourself not everyone agrees with you. I know ww is little underpowered but again if there were no zombies then ,no fun game for noobs

The forums are here for free and friendly discussion. We all have different ideas about how to play WWT. The best way to make WWT fun for everyone is to discuss them at length and come to a healthy compromise. In the future we would appreciate it if you didn't try to dissuade users from voicing their opinions. Their thoughts on the game are just as valuable as yours and we hope you and everyone else can continue to contribute in a friendly and polite way. Thank you! :wink:
Stormblessed

Postby Stormblessed » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:54 pm

British Merchant wrote:If you remove zombies then you will lose new players. Zombie is something that made me interested into this game. Astrozvar keep your opinons for yourself not everyone agrees with you. I know ww is little underpowered but again if there were no zombies then ,no fun game for noobs

Such a courageous statement as for someone who havent played much really. Look buddy, this game is about conflict between Villagers and the big bad villain Werewolf(Let's stick to the theme!). If you came here to play as zombie then..haha..then maybe you got the wrong image since the beginning :D Zombies are kind of allowance for players who were defeated to stay in the game but they should be treated as addition at most. What might repulse and "lose" new players now is current balance of the game and that's tightly connected to the relation werewolf-villager. Zombies disrupt this relation.

Actually the opinion that Astronub shares(big part of it, not everything obviously), most of the regulars here that played months also do, so it's not him being a weeb. But rather those who claim otherwise :-)

"little" is understatement. It takes not much to learn the game to the point where you stop being a newbie or so called noob. Don't introduce your own insecurities coming from being a noob into the game as you will eventually stop being a noob ;-). That's why it would be highly suggested to let people who played a lot already talk about shit and solve it right. It's for the better in the end.

Natural came out with idea for something less annoying than zombies and that's cool, I do think however they should be abolished completely..FOR GREATER GOOD DAYUM :D

Once balance is set right, game will become super thrilling and cool, zombies will be just a hindrance for everyone.

Storm with you.