Byzantinos' suggestions

Post and discuss your suggestions for future Werewolf versions here.
Byzantios

Byzantinos' suggestions

Postby Byzantios » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:01 pm

Hello everyone,

some of the suggestions I would like to sum up here have already been mentioned by other players. Some of them are just ideas, which could improve the gameplay.

1. Overpowered Net

I consider, that 7/10 games as werewolf are lost because of the fisher net, especially when the werwolf is below level 12. The duration of it should be reduced drastrically, since this "defensive skill" has become a weapon (and not only against the ww). Theres a bunch of players, who use the net as perfect trap for their teammates. Throw - circle - kill. If a villager doesnt have magic immunity, he becomes an easy victim in the game. How about reducing the duration from 12 to 4-8 seconds?

2. Acornbomb

Sadly mostly used for teamkilling in early game, I suggest a change here: instead of dealing a fixed number of damage to the opponent (350 dmg at the moment I guess), I would put here an amount of percent of the opponents hp - for example 15% of the opponents hp. A raise of the acornbombs cost would also be an option to avoid teamkilling.

Example for damage change: A villager has 400 hp in early game and gets attacked by a teamkiller. If the acornbomb deals 350 damage, he is almost down. If we would change the amount of damage to 15% of hp, the damage dealt would be 60. Against the ww, it could still do the common damage.

3. Finding the hiding ww-villager in lategame

In a dozen of good games I've played, the following thing has happend: the ww did a good job, but has finally been found out. The other human villager invade his base to kill him and end the game. The ww's villager manages to escape (or hasnt been in his base at all) and hides. The reduced sight of units, the mapsize and the countless gaps in wood make it almost impossible, to find a single hiding ww-villager in the game. Although the werewolf is not able to kill the human villagers at night, the game keeps on going without a real decision. A lot of players leave at that point - the ww wins by "boring them to death". The espionage-option becomes useless, because an experienced ww-villager does not rebuild his tent, since he knows, that this will reveal his position.

Although its still possible to kick the ww-player, there should be another option to locate the hiding guy. Maybe something like the scope, which is available in hunters shop?

4. OP villagers and magic immunity

Example: a villager has achieved magic immunity, armor upgrades and 2000 hp by brewing. (With hunters boots) he is faster than his opponent units (except cavalary), he cant be stunned or stopped by a spear or a net, and the amount of damage dealt by attacking units is so greatly reduced, that he wont really take damage. The only way to kill him is circling him - which is hardly possible. In other words, the villager is almost invincible. An upgraded ww villager just have to keep on running until night transforms him.

5. The ww upgrade option at lvl 25

A very good idea. I would even improve its strengh slightly.

And finally a very big compliment to all the admins and developers for bringing this briliant game to us and even keep on improving after so many years. Also a big thanks to Falanor for delievering a host bot and keeping WW Trans and Wc3 alive!
Jesse James

Re: Byzantinos' suggestions

Postby Jesse James » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:28 pm

1. The net is something we have continued to deal with in small increments. We're trying to avoid making it useless while nerfing it to create a more diverse meta game.
2. Acorn bomb is another heavy hitter and perhaps a % would be better. Particularly for keeping it relevant both early game and toward the end game.
3. Espionage should definitely be revisited. It was designed to solve this very problem and people have adapted.
4. We have discussed an HP cap on brewing. Magic immunity itself might need to be adjusted here but I think the large amount of health from brewing is the primary culprit and should be tweaked first.
5. We're always trying to balance the wolf to make him a severe threat without being over-powered. With stats from fbot we can better gauge what is happening in games and make adjustments based on empirical data rather than feelings but it's still very important for people to share how they feel. After all, The point of the game is for everyone to have fun!

Thanks for the compliments! It's posts like these on the forums that keep us motivated!
StrelokNPP

Postby StrelokNPP » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:29 pm

Just to correct you -

"The espionage-option becomes useless, because an experienced ww-villager does not rebuild his tent, since he knows, that this will reveal his position. "

It reveals the villager and is far from useless especially at late stage.
Jesse James

Postby Jesse James » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:35 pm

One strategy for evading espionage is to place your villager inside of a structure. The system currently cannot detect a loaded villager so you could tunnel into trees. Build a home and keep your villager indoors during daylight hours. Another important thing to note (and one that is relatively unknown) is that if you use the tracking scope repeatedly it will upgrade and allow you to track the wolf. A useful tool in such games where the wolf is playing hide and seek.
StrelokNPP

Postby StrelokNPP » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:45 pm

But if I used espionage and saw your house in the trees and did not see your villager on the map, only place he could be at is that same house so it comes down to the same. :D
Byzantios

Postby Byzantios » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:08 pm

Hey Jesse James,

by referring to the tracking scope, I meant something to find human players in lategame. Should have the same function as for animals and the WW, but for humans and maybe on a bigger radius - so it would still be harder to find a human.