Asphalt's suggestions

Post and discuss your suggestions for future Werewolf versions here.
Asphalt

Asphalt's suggestions

Postby Asphalt » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:56 pm

Game mechanics upgrade

1. Duration time of net from fish achievement should be decreased

It is very hard to win as a werewolf when the opponent is a fisherman. Duration of the ability is too long - in theory it should allow to escape, but in real life people use it as primary skill to kill the WW.

2. Fisherman is defenseless while catching the fish

WW is able to kill fisherman if he catch the fish. He can't abort action and that's the reason why a lot of FM are dying at the very beginning of the game. I think that fishing should be changed - attempt to catch should be immediate, but rod ought to have cooldown.

My own suggestions:

3. Passive abilities of all specs

For example - miner ought to have bonus strength + vitality, hunter speed, farmer ability to give invisibility to 3-12 minions for 12s etc. I think that the variety would be funny - people would start to think what they need in the future.

4. Useful items for villagers

Like brand new pants, green beret, pandora box etc. It would give stats(health, speed, armor), passive skills(stealth while not moving, money generate, exp bonus) or "random effect on map"(wind for 2min, swarm of zombie-rabbits[unable to change them into werewolves or zombie's units], double exp). It ought to be rare item able to gain from classes(hunter may find it in pets, farmer in plants, miner in stones) with - for example - 3% drop rate; or from bossess.

5. Bossess

Randomly spawned on map. One type ought to be lazy - it should stay in one place and defend the chest. It will drop weapon for villager.

The other should be weaker, but it would walk through the map or have special interactions. For example - sad abomination - it would be neutral, but you can attack him to drop something. If you give him flower he will join your side and became "happy abomination". If WW kill the boss he gain permament ability - 5% CD reduction, +10 armor etc.

6. Usefull villagers

A lot of games look like this - army of villagers attack WW, when villager is in base. If WW destroy them all he's able to kill villager. Lets change it. Maybe we will give classes to game? For example - priest(heals minions), warrior(nearby army has bonus armor[or something else, I dont think about it]), rouge(ability to assasinate 1 minion, CD 8s), warlock(powerfull minion but without villager it will attack everything), death knight(raises skeletons), mage(freeze in VERY small area) and other? It would be only one usefull skill, but it will change strategy of people and force players to use their villagers.

7. Command "wwchange"

Sometimes at the very beginning it is known who is WW. It will allow to change WW in first 10min of game.

8. You can't have same name and color like the other player

Sometimes there's a players which cooperate with ww(best wishes to ChaosZ). They have same name and color. Lets change it. You can have the same name OR same color. It should be forbidden to have same color and nickname. After 10min it should be forbidden to change nickname or color after 10 min.

What do you think about those suggestions? Lets talk about this!
Pwnage

Re: Asphalt's suggestions

Postby Pwnage » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:40 pm

Great suggestions Asphalt, I hope you find my selected responses helpful. As always, please continue to contribute your ideas so that we may better the game :D

Asphalt wrote:
1. Duration time of net from fish achievement should be decreased

Agreed. The duration of fishnet empirically seems to be too long, this is being revisited.

Asphalt wrote:2. Fisherman is defenseless while catching the fish

Also very true, perhaps we'll add some kind of abort feature which allows players to abandon their catch in exchange for regaining control instantly.

Asphalt wrote:8. You can't have same name and color like the other player

This actually hits quite heavily into a curious facet of Werewolf - Transylvania. Many players often rely on this social deception in order to remain hidden or bait players into attacking others. An elegant solution to this is to simply add an indicator of every player's number at the beginning of their game, i.e. I'd enter a game as "[1] Pwnage." if I'm in the player 1 (Red) slot at the beginning of the game. Even if I do "-name Bananas" I would still be left with my name being "[1] Bananas" which allows me to be clearly marked and deception impossible.

The real question is, should we remove this facet of the game? One of the reasons WWT is so enthralling is because it's not only a wonderful high APM strategy game, but also a game of social engineering. It's similar to Settlers of Catan, where "table talk" can drastically improve your chances of winning the game by redirecting the focus to another player. My personal opinion is to not abolish ambiguity, but I'd be happy to hear what the community thinks!
Pwnage.@USEast
kanzer

Postby kanzer » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:57 am

Asphalt wrote:
8. You can't have same name and color like the other player

This actually hits quite heavily into a curious facet of Werewolf - Transylvania. Many players often rely on this social deception in order to remain hidden or bait players into attacking others. An elegant solution to this is to simply add an indicator of every player's number at the beginning of their game, i.e. I'd enter a game as "[1] Pwnage." if I'm in the player 1 (Red) slot at the beginning of the game. Even if I do "-name Bananas" I would still be left with my name being "[1] Bananas" which allows me to be clearly marked and deception impossible.

The real question is, should we remove this facet of the game? One of the reasons WWT is so enthralling is because it's not only a wonderful high APM strategy game, but also a game of social engineering. It's similar to Settlers of Catan, where "table talk" can drastically improve your chances of winning the game by redirecting the focus to another player. My personal opinion is to not abolish ambiguity, but I'd be happy to hear what the community thinks!

-------------

Kanzer:

Exactly Pwnage, is a method that is already so inside the game that removing it would kill the magic of the game, I like to lie strategy, but it is also interesting to be deceived.
__________________________JUGADORES QUE HABLEN ESPAÑOL PUEDEN CONTACTARSE CONMIGO

_________________________________________________Image________________________
StrelokNPP

Postby StrelokNPP » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:32 am

@Pwnage I don't think that you should remove the rename/color ability, it has such a potential. Fish net on the other hand...that should be reworked. ;)
Byzantios

Postby Byzantios » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:12 pm

The ability to change colour/name adds a special factor to this game. Still, the idea with the player number could solve problems, like being unable to ally/declare war on someone.
Pwnage

Postby Pwnage » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:53 pm

Kanzer, StrelokNPP and Byzantios: your opinions are duly noted :)

Byzantios wrote:TStill, the idea with the player number could solve problems, like being unable to ally/declare war on someone.

This was something I meant to add into 1.27 but never got around to it. Something akin to -ally 1, -unally 4 for example may make things more fluid, especially when players often change from their original color.
Pwnage.@USEast