Bot hosting

Post and discuss your suggestions for future Werewolf versions here.
StrelokNPP

Bot hosting

Postby StrelokNPP » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:32 am

Hi guys.

Is there something that can be done to improve game hosting process?

I'm sure that I am not the only one that has constant difficulties joining games because the bot changes game names far too fast and rehosts too often and I also have trouble "finding" game when I type the name. Even with use of http://falanor.dlinkddns.com:83/, it often happens that the name changes already by the time I alt tab back into game. Are those problems the result of old engine and battlenet itself or something can be done?
Falanor

Re: Bot hosting

Postby Falanor » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:11 pm

Hey! This autohost feature is added to make game appear more often in the custom game list on B.net. It happens because B.net sees it as a “new game” and puts it on top. After we added it to the bot players count almost doubled.

It renames the game every 2 minutes, though there is one problem sometimes. If there is a game with the same name, it fails with autorehost and changes the name again in about 15 seconds. I increased interval of autorehost to 3 minutes now, hopefully, this will make it easier to join.
StrelokNPP

Postby StrelokNPP » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:50 am

Thank you! I understand it perfectly, although those 2 minutes sometimes seem like 20 seconds when joining haha. :D :D

One more thing - winrate percentage counter that was recently added is heavily bugged.
I was at 85% as villager yesterday morning, played 3 or 4 games yesterday - won all - I'm at 70ish% winrate. And yes, I stayed until the game ended, always. :/ Not that it bothers me, just pointing it out!
Falanor

Postby Falanor » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:54 am

Thank you for reporting this! Will check it out.
Falanor

Postby Falanor » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:31 am

There was a bug with spoofcheck. It counted your games as for player from a different realm. I fixed it now.
I'll change stats report to games count instead of percentage, I must admit its quite confusing sometimes.
Btw, if you are a zombie, its being counted as 'loosing' for you even if the werewolf is killed. It counts winning only for those who are alive.
StrelokNPP

Postby StrelokNPP » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:18 pm

Great fix with the change to x/y format! Good job. ;)

And thanks for clarifying it out.