Ways to increase active community on forums

Post and discuss your suggestions for future Werewolf versions here.
Falanor

Ways to increase active community on forums

Postby Falanor » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:37 pm

I have an idea about how we can increase population of our community and get more people on our forums.

It’s not a secret that most of people enjoy the game without joining the community (they don’t know that it exists, they are lazy to join or they don’t care much)

With the help of our bot, we could actually change it a little.

For example, we could make several cosmetic items/perks/secrets that don’t give any advantage in game but change something that other players can notice. Something similar to “–wtii” potions. And give it to people who are registered on the forums. We can think it further and give different things to people with different amount of posts (or something like that).

Technically its possible using HCL system. For that we will need to have connections between bot and forum databases, but that is *in progress* anyway.
kanzer

Re: Ways to increase active community on forums

Postby kanzer » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:29 pm

It is something great and good initiative.

Would ruin some work of Werewolf haha

Also the players are from different countries, as in my case (I'm from Chile) and my native language is Spanish.
One of the reasons for which are not part of the community for many years, was not to know anything about English, which it is also a problem
__________________________JUGADORES QUE HABLEN ESPAÑOL PUEDEN CONTACTARSE CONMIGO

_________________________________________________Image________________________
SarKonTaLk

Postby SarKonTaLk » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:31 am

It is a nice to motivate people to participate in the forum, but I don't think that it is a good idea to give cosmetic changes to villagers. It will make it hard for the werewolf to copy other players identities in order to cause conflicts between players or hide. Making everyone's villager unique on sight will be a huge disadvantage for him.

For Example: "The dude with the pointy hat is wolf"... and he won't be able to do anything to disable this unique appearance... the name and color changes won't help him at all.
kanzer

Postby kanzer » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:16 am

SarKonTaLk wrote:It is a nice to motivate people to participate in the forum, but I don't think that it is a good idea to give cosmetic changes to villagers. It will make it hard for the werewolf to copy other players identities in order to cause conflicts between players or hide. Making everyone's villager unique on sight will be a huge disadvantage for him.

For Example: "The dude with the pointy hat is wolf"... and he won't be able to do anything to disable this unique appearance... the name and color changes won't help him at all.

Yes, I was thinking about how difficult it would be for the werewolf.

Perhaps some difference in their units, adding to these new things.

White dog, change the design of the lanterns/campfires by flags, things like that do not directly affect as seen villager.
__________________________JUGADORES QUE HABLEN ESPAÑOL PUEDEN CONTACTARSE CONMIGO

_________________________________________________Image________________________
Falanor

Postby Falanor » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:10 am

As I said in my post those things should be much like "-wtii" potions, so that if a villager wants to use it, then he types a command, if not, then nothing will change.

It doesn’t have to be villager change. For example, we can change his dog appearance or change the model of his fence structures.
SarKonTaLk

Postby SarKonTaLk » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:36 pm

I already posted a suggestion that the wtii should be removed due to in-game crashes and due to the fact that it is unfair for the werewolf player. As long as people main villager is not allowed to change his appearance it will be ok to have such options.