About fishing

Post and discuss your suggestions for future Werewolf versions here.
Razvan

About fishing

Postby Razvan » Sun May 01, 2016 4:40 pm

I had 3 bad experiences when i was with villager on lake for fishing. I think you should implement interrupt fishing. The point is that villager is in the most vulnareble situation when he catch the fish and bring it to him. Basically you can`t do anything when you are attacked by other villager or wolf in this little time about 5 seconds. So this is a stupid and unfair death. What do you think? :D
Tonex

Re: About fishing

Postby Tonex » Mon May 02, 2016 12:42 am

Fishing has to have a drawback, as it is an easy way to get exp/gold quickly. However, I agree that the drawback is very random, since some games no one ever finds you, while in other games you get insta-gibbed. I don't think fishing interruption is the best way to go about this, but it is worth discussing.
Razvan

Postby Razvan » Mon May 02, 2016 12:13 pm

I`m thinking at two options.
1. If you interrupt fishing you lose fish and xp - i`m not sure it can be done.
or
2. When you catch the fish and in that short time you are attacked lose fish and you can espace.
Jesse James

Postby Jesse James » Tue May 03, 2016 7:14 pm

It might be possible to implement an interrupt-on-attack.

It would also be possible to rework the fishing so that it has other more reliable disadvantages.

Perhaps instead of spamming "cast" you cast once and wait X amount of time before you catch a fish and reel it in. You have the option to reel back in empty handed and cast elsewhere or continue to wait till something bites.

Keep the discussion going. More input ultimately turns out a better change to fishing. :wink:
Tonex

Postby Tonex » Wed May 04, 2016 5:56 am

I like the wait to reel in option. If we want to make the wait time random, we should reduce the variance on fish size so that overall fishing remains about the same randomness per cast.