Hiding in castle.

Post and discuss your suggestions for future Werewolf versions here.
abextadoo

Re: Hiding in castle.

Postby abextadoo » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:57 pm

Castle is there for scenario/ scare players. Jesse is too lazy to think on something better for him on the moment, but I don't blame him for that. There's nothing to do on the castle besides being attacked by gargoyles on the night.
Pwnage

Re: Hiding in castle.

Postby Pwnage » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:52 pm

I can honestly say I've never thought about hiding in the castle. It's there as a neutral central point (although no longer in the center of the map) in order to dissuade people from basing in the center part of the map. What's important about that part of the map is not the castle, but the things directly surrounding it. Aside from the gargoyles (which are a great source of early game gold if you can kill them effectively), the neutral shop is right next to the castle. Controlling the neutral shop can actually add a great deal of pressure to your army. If nobody can access the shop, you can effectively have a monopoly over a good portion of items that are exclusively found there (e.g. Enchanted Oaks).

The castle is there as a decorative prop, and the ground around it will not allow people to build on it. So what's the purpose of the castle? You get to decide in every game you play.