Werewolf Speed (Its Unfair for the wolf man)

Post and discuss your suggestions for future Werewolf versions here.
abextadoo

Werewolf Speed (Its Unfair for the wolf man)

Postby abextadoo » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:25 am

By the way, the boots of the wolf + horn of Vahalha provides
too much bonus speed if compared to the werewolf. If you want my
opinion this is VERY unfair for the wolf and there is an easy way
of fixing it.
You should either consider:

Giving the werewolf more speed bonus for his ability or on his base
movement speed.

OR

Give less bonus movement speed for both the horn of vahalha and the
swift boots of the wolf. The combo makes the villagers too fast for
the werewolf to keep a decent run against them.

OR

If you want my opinion there is an even better solution for this
trouble: Make a trigger that if the werewolf's villager HAS the swift
boots of the wolf &/or the horn of Vahalha on his inventory before
changing to the werewolf his werewolf base movement will be increased.
I don't know if it's possible to make this, but if you can this might
be the best solution for the issue if you want my opinion.

Does Anglers Hat really gives nothing? If so please Jesse consider making it
increase the chances of getting a fish by 10%, 7% watever, it wouldn't hurt
anyone a small advantage for paying some cash on an iten like that, you know,
and destroying the item would be a crime considering all the trigger and trouble
you had creating it if you want my opinion...

I will use the subject to call again for you to please see my terrain changes
suggestion and tell me your opinion..
http://forums.vofpro.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=531

you know a hided base covered by trees for a brewer and a miner on
the spots I show wouldn't hurt anyone... and its also easy to siege it with atack
units/ trebuchets because the room is narrow. Those bases would make pro villagers
that call the spot last longer and forces the werewolf to raise an army to atack
those places by day, but the best advantage of them are neither of those... if my
dream of seeing a Dracula on werewolf transylvania ever becomes plausible in your
mind that bases would be a perfect spot for a dracula to rest on the day... its
hided and you can raise again the tree you just chewed at the entrance again so it
is a perfect spot for dracula players. Please Jesse, please at least listen what I say
and give your opinion about it, I know I sound like a little child asking and
suggesting a lot of things on your map, but I really wished my knowledge of GUI
were like yours so I could help you on the hard work of programming the map.
I've studied a bit programing on GUI and made a stratch of a map by my own, but I
confess programing GUI is far more difficult then programing triggers for the
Starcraft Brood War maps I used to make.
Making this terrain changes doesn't give to much trouble, so you don't need to use
the "hard work" as an excuse for not doing it...

Please make trebuchet cost (much) less lumber (I suggest 300 or 200) and less gold to load.
In my gameplays I've found its much more easy (and less expensive/risky) to defend a base
then to siege it and I trully believe that is UNFAIR. It also gives too few damage on structures.

Clockwork Villager cost too much iron ore. Only an insane player would buy that at this
price!... cosider lowering the price to 60 or 50 Jesse...

Please, change the cheese item for bread: It's much less rigged...

Lemon Elixir could give a little bit more experience, its an underpowered item...

Put the scarecrow back dude... destroying your map is not the key to reduce the bridge
between noob and pro players if you want my opinion. Make it give an item that makes a small
return damage portion sounds a nice, not rigged solution for this in my opinion.

Make the sister spirits books be consumed for a small bonus for inteligence, whatever and don't
leave a corpse on the ground (Ghosts are not made of flesh and these both things reveals the
location of the sister dammit!)

I made many attempts of getting my hands at autodesk 3ds max and none of it
for getting a decent version for free succeded )=
I was wondering if someone of VoF knows how to make unit modeling (How you did
the werewolf unit?) and if could help me getting a software that works...
Jesse James

Re: Werewolf Speed (Its Unfair for the wolf man)

Postby Jesse James » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:32 am

In the future it would be great if you could create a thread for each suggestion (no matter how small it may be). It makes it a lot cleaner and easier to read and discuss. Things get muddled when there is a half dozen suggestions all in one post. Lets see if I can tear this into manageable pieces!

Wolf speed - I'd have to do some bench tests but it seems reasonable that something could be accomplished to balance movement speeds, I know this isn't the first time it has been brought up.
Angler Hat - The hat is there with no effect because at the time we had changed what previously used it but wanted to keep it in the game. It's there as an accessory until we come up with a good attribute to add to it.
Terrain Changes - We'll discuss that in the other post. :wink:
Trebuchet - This is one of the newer implements of the map and we're still working on balancing it out. I'd rather it be unused initially and slowly buff it rather than introduce a broken item that ruins games. We'll take a look at it.
Clockwork Villager - Another newer item that is over-due for an adjustment.
Lemon Elixir - We'll have to bench test it but brewing could use a little attention in the coming versions.
Scarecrow - Reducing easter egg effects so that they don't give veteran players an unfair advantage is something we will continue to do. It's hard in a single post to explain why but you can read our article about easter eggs on the website here.
Sisters - Could you explain further about how corpses reveal them?
Werewolf Model - We got the werewolf model from a contributor at http://www.hiveworkshop.com
abextadoo

Postby abextadoo » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:18 pm

The accolite (sisted spirit) used to die and the corpse did not get removed over time. That reveals the sister spot.
You didn't say anything about the bread suggestion..
Jesse James

Postby Jesse James » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:09 pm

Sorry about that! That is why I requested any future suggestions be in their own threads. Very easy to glance over one when its a big long list!

Sisters: It shouldn't be too hard to remove corpses when the sisters die. I think that can be accomplished.

Cheese & Bread
: Could you explain the bread and cheese suggestion in further detail? Thanks :) Great suggestions, things like this really help us improve the game. I adore the idea of crowd sourcing from the fans what kind of changes they would like to see done to werewolf. Sometimes the fans don't know what they want, sometimes they come up with brilliant ideas, either way it helps inspire us to make a better game. :wink:
abextadoo

Postby abextadoo » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:27 pm

My idea is that I consider cheese a rigged item (restores too much hp and is easily aquired). I was thinking of removing this item and creating "Bread" to make his function. Bread would be made on a caldroon with (5,etc.) chicken eggs and wheat. This would also make chicken eggs be able to be sold as bread at a higher cost.
for better information see the topic:
http://forums.vofpro.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=469
Jesse James

Postby Jesse James » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:43 am

Hm, I think I like the idea of changing the cheese. It's a little too easy to purchase and spam and having to craft the item in a career would make the effort to get it right about on par with what it is worth.