Random Rant

Post and discuss your suggestions for future Werewolf versions here.
Tonex

Random Rant

Postby Tonex » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:19 pm

This is my list of grievances to put before King Jesse_Jame I. If my demands are not met, I shall host a bloody revolution and seize Werewolf Transylvania or something.
0. Taxation. No taxation without representation.
1. Game messages. So many of them have misspellings or bad grammar. The secret acquiring messages should appear for all secrets or not at all. Oh, and use the player's current player color and name in all message where they are displayed.
2. Spears. They shouldn't anger the animals by just having them. You could argue that the presence of spears might anger them, but in reality, your very presence angers them as well.
3. Veteran. Since Veteran is based off of Endurance Aura, it won't stack with Horn of Valhalla, almost making the horn useless.
4. Unit inventories. There's really no reason why units like Musketeers should have inventories that can't use items, especially such small two slot ones. You can just use a pack horse which has 3 times the inventory space. You might argue that it's much safer to use Musketeers, as they can defend themselves, but you can spawn 9000 pack horses so that 8999 tank for the one with items.
5. Pack horses. As said before, you can spawn infinite of them. Limit that.
6. Owls. You shouldn't be ale to melee them. Just no.
7. Wife spell immunity. I'm not saying it's bad, but I'm just saying how it's funny you can use your wife to rape a base full of tenants without ever getting hurt.
8. Resource exchange unit. Annoys me that there is one. I think you could just use a spell book.
9. Randomly spawned neutral hostile creeps. You could at least name the Carrion Beetles Weevils and even mention Treants in their message.
9.5. Dragon. There should be one that randomly flies around the map, raping everything in its path.
10. Zombies. Don't let them get gold. It pisses me of how one day they might end up getting a wife or son then blowing the shit out of a base with dynamite. I think that the Zombie minions should just be Werewolf Minions that don't disappear at day.
11. Boss animals. Apparently you can still use your sons to attack them without aggroing them.
12. Farm animals. They are some seriously fucked up shit. Level 25 by night 1 is undoubtedly overpowered. Make them give exp based on say half of the animal's mana or something considerably less than what it is now.
13. Mining rocks. It really pisses me off that they have no pathing, but I do remember you saying that they bug with pathing.
14. War Loom. You can't get the Temple of the Arcana if you get the upgrade that puts Musketeers in the Loom. You should also make it possible to switch between an Archer Loom and a Musketeer Loom. And make it so the Musketeer Loom doesn't have the archer projectile, but the instant bullets projectile.
15. Gargoyles. Why dost thou not letteth them fly free liketh the owls? Why dost thou bindeth them to the Earth?
16. Fire Djinns. They're useless and don't do shit.
17. Healing Salve. No one has time for that shit to use on other units, and you already have cheese for yourself. With all the easy gold/lumber, units are practically free.
18. Clarity Potion. The Villager doesn't even use enough mana for this to be useful. Unless you add the Archaeology with mana consuming artifacts with active abilities.
19. Mining. No one gives even half a shit about tiny upgrades to damage, armor or sight. Maybe if you make even better upgrades that require those other ones as prerequisites, they won't just be a waste of time.
19.5. Sasquatch. There should be one hiding behind the trees all the way in the upper right hand corner, ready to bestow upon humanity the gift of nuclear weapons.
20. Music. You should have some being played in the background, probably some random ambiance would be good.
21. Killing your own units. It sucks ass that you can't, cuz maybe there's that one archer you have that you want to get rid of so you can replace it with a Musketeer. And with a really strong fully upgraded unit, it's hard as shit to run it around and get it killed by animals.
22. Werewolf Minions. It doesn't get any from Archers, Musketeers, or Tenants, but gets them from the less used Knights, which is a bit awkward.
23. Dynamite. At 5% of it's total range, it does 600% more damage. It would be nice if there was gradient, or even if you didn't have to stand directly on top of the dynamite to take full damage.
Maybe more will come later, idk.
Last edited by Tonex on Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.