Male/female character

Post and discuss your suggestions for future Werewolf versions here.
tank_mover7

Male/female character

Postby tank_mover7 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:05 pm

Should we in the beginning choose between a male or a female hero character
Pwnage

Male/female character

Postby Pwnage » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:18 pm

Hello tanker, I didn't get to respond to your question as the game we were in had started.

I would like to first amuse your suggestion. Adding a female character option would be rather interesting. This game is very beautiful and does put a great amount of pressure on aesthetics. It would allow for a bit more diversity in the gameplay. Also, there could possibly be a color scheme change for male and female characters.

However, adding small aesthetics such as a female model require a bit of time and space. Both of which are very valuable and are also becoming rather scarce. Logistically, it wouldn't improve gameplay and the community at large probably wouldn't care much for this change (if it was even noticed). Overall, it's not a probable idea but still an interesting one.
Last edited by Pwnage on Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pwnage.@USEast
Tonex

Male/female character

Postby Tonex » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:26 am

Then you should also have the option to be a gay/lesbian.
Jesse James

Male/female character

Postby Jesse James » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:50 am

We've been down this line of discussion before and somewhere in pwnages book of an answer is the reason we haven't done it. It would be too much work and take up too much space to rework systems, create new systems, and force people to download the resources(model/skin/icon) for something that would ultimately be a small aesthetic change to the game.
Tonex

Male/female character

Postby Tonex » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:46 am

Oh yeah, I forgot that both females have no attack animation. You could have a nonviolent hero though, or make you eventually acquire both heroes, as getting a plantation could give you a secondary hero instead of just a normal unit.
Pwnage

Male/female character

Postby Pwnage » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:29 pm

Tonex wrote:Oh yeah, I forgot that both females have no attack animation. You could have a nonviolent hero though, or make you eventually acquire both heroes, as getting a plantation could give you a secondary hero instead of just a normal unit.
This could be interesting. The wife could become a different hero class that perhaps has more of a feminine approach to war (healing/auras). The wife has little usefulness other than spawning her 5 children (since ghost wife is now worthless); she could do with a little bit of a buff to make her more useful.
Last edited by Pwnage on Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pwnage.@USEast
Tonex

Male/female character

Postby Tonex » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:59 pm

Yeah, I was thinking of a support hero, though her exp should be tied to her male counterpart, as in both of them having the same amount of experience at all times, as I don't really see her being able to do any professions other than farming and brewing.
Pwnage

Male/female character

Postby Pwnage » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:09 pm

Yes, I would only expect her to farm. Perhaps her inventory could be tied in with your Villager's inventory for brewing since the whole rework on it was intended to make brewing "portable" in a sense.
Pwnage.@USEast
Tonex

Male/female character

Postby Tonex » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:18 pm

It would be awkward if your Villager held the coffee beans and your wife had the Spring Water, and you brewed across the map from each other.
Pwnage

Male/female character

Postby Pwnage » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:24 pm

I s'pose you have a point. Well, then she can always brew her own potions I guess. What do you think her attributes should be? If we made her a hero, she would have to provide something unique.
Pwnage.@USEast
Tonex

Male/female character

Postby Tonex » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:30 pm

High int spell caster? I don't really see agi helping her that much, and the male already has str. I guess she'd have that passive to generate items, but I think the males should be an active ability. Some other abilities she could have include an Unholy Aura ability, a Chain Healing ability, or maybe a oar ability. Maybe she should get a Finger of Pain ability called "Bitchslap" lol.
Pwnage

Male/female character

Postby Pwnage » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:53 pm

Interesting... I like those ideas :P A chain heal would be very useful. And when you say males are an active ability, are you referring to actively spawning your own children?
Pwnage.@USEast
Tonex

Male/female character

Postby Tonex » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:56 pm

Well, I'm thinking something more like she "trains" them for a while then thy pop out.
Pwnage

Male/female character

Postby Pwnage » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:32 pm

That makes sense. I think this is a lot better than waiting for them to randomly appear :P
Pwnage.@USEast