Clockwork Villager

Post and discuss your suggestions for future Werewolf versions here.
Pwnage

Clockwork Villager

Postby Pwnage » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:56 pm

The clockwork villager is a very pawn in a multitude of my strategies. When I'm the werewolf, he's a very important minion and when I want to raid bases, he's the front man I use to lure people out of bases with. His ability to gather lumber makes him a precious part of my gathering game, however, I believe his usefulness could be further increased.

The major problem I have with the clockwork villager is the fact that he doesn't have any inventory slots. This makes him less useful than an adolescent male as he is an invalid patron and can't be used for suicide bombing. It's debatable that he's more useful than a male because of the decoy aspect but this loses its effect if anybody has half a brain. At level 25, the villager gets an epic mask. However, the clockwork villager remains exposed and maskless. People often fall for the decoy out of blind rage, but blind rage cannot be reason enough to allow this rather large aesthetic discrepancy to go unnoticed.

I propose an inventory slot (or two) be added to the clockwork villager. This will make him more useful automatically. Perhaps the ability to build/repair could be added. I also believe he should receive the 'Awesome' mask when he becomes created by a level 25 villager.
Pwnage.@USEast
Tonex

Clockwork Villager

Postby Tonex » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:46 pm

Or if the Clockwork Villager reaches level 25 by itself?
Pwnage

Clockwork Villager

Postby Pwnage » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:20 pm

Tonex wrote:Or if the Clockwork Villager reaches level 25 by itself?
What do you mean? Are you suggesting that it should only get the mask if it gets to 25 by itself?
Pwnage.@USEast
Tonex

Clockwork Villager

Postby Tonex » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:40 am

No, I'm saying that it should receive the mask both ways.
Pwnage

Clockwork Villager

Postby Pwnage » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:19 pm

Alright. Well, what do you think about the CV being a viable patron?
Pwnage.@USEast
Tonex

Clockwork Villager

Postby Tonex » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:31 pm

Naw, he should have a jetpack, shoot lasers from his eyes, and launch ICBMs.
Pwnage

Clockwork Villager

Postby Pwnage » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:12 pm

You're less than zero help Tone :P
Pwnage.@USEast
Jesse James

Clockwork Villager

Postby Jesse James » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:23 pm

Shouldn't such a powerful tool have some form of drawback? If you could clone your villager to the T it would be a little unfair don't you think?
Pwnage

Clockwork Villager

Postby Pwnage » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:06 pm

Jesse James wrote:Shouldn't such a powerful tool have some form of drawback? If you could clone your villager to the T it would be a little unfair don't you think?
To some degree, I agree. However, I don't want a complete clone. I wouldn't mind if the damage, health, and armor were significantly lower on the clockwork villager. I don't request him to be able to build unique structures independently either, I just think it would be a valuable addition to make him at least as useful in the tech-game as an adolescent male. I usually use my clockwork villagers exclusively for lumber (even though their lumber doesn't upgrade) and occasionally as a decoy. However, it's very unreliable as a decoy and is hardly worth mining for the lumber aspect. He isn't a viable tank since he can't wield any sort of upgrade or health restore, and his melee damage is hardly worth investing in. I do enjoy the CV quite a bit, but I think it could be beneficial to give him a little bit more usefulness to encourage mining as a practical skill beyond the 4 villager upgrades.
Pwnage.@USEast
Tonex

Clockwork Villager

Postby Tonex » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:43 pm

Imo, he should have harvest lumber, repair equivalent to the adolescents', and carrying items, but not using them. Maybe it should have a small explosion on death too, since it's clockwork, idk.
Pwnage

Clockwork Villager

Postby Pwnage » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:00 am

I agree with that, Tone. They definitely need SOMETHING to make them more viable time wise. It takes like an entire day/night cycle to get that 100 iron which takes a significant amount of time.
Pwnage.@USEast