New secret Heroes: Dracula and Van Helsing.

Post and discuss your suggestions for future Werewolf versions here.
abextadoo

Postby abextadoo » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:16 pm

Here's the thing.. you make a sequence of secrets and secret quests in order to make the villager who first solves them all become dracula/Helsing. The unit must discover your hero's history and make things in order to transform into a vampire/helsing.
An important thing is to make the quests in a way only one (the first to do) villager is able to do it, and make the dracula/helsing quests not interfere on each other.

Vlad II Dracul (Dracula's father)
Member of the Order of the Dragon
Hanged for heresy and murderers.

Count Dracula
Vlad Tepes (Vlad III) Draculea

He has superhuman strength which, according to Van Helsing, is equivalent to that of 20 strong men.
Being undead, he is immune to conventional means of attack he can be killed by the traditional vampire methods
(silver bullets, wooden stakes, iron and/or steel weapons, wild rose (blood rose), holy water, etc.).

Dracula would be more an advantage for the werewolf then for villagers I believe, since Dracula's players will probably focus their gameplay on getting more vampire wives for their harem. But that doesn't mean ww likes him, on the contrary, a pro ww should know dracula is a rival that goes stronger each passing night as well, and the ability of flying on all his minions will make him and he's troops a real plague/annoyng hit and run bitch for his villager's base on later game.

If Vampire & minions do not hide on the caslte/tent/farm/plantation during the mornig, it will take considerable damage over time on the morning, no matter if dracula is on vampire, bat or villager form. (make this damage comes into something like the icarus (from dota) supernova damage art diplay; something like that sounds as if the unit is getting sunburned heavily).

Make it enable for dracula's minions (vamp son/wife/gargoyles) to hide on castle. Dracula will have to hide only in his tent/farm/plantation. This will force him to make a decent base, and give other players a chance to kill him im the morning (only a fool/noob would dare not running/fighting ww/dracula in the open at night, that adds terror/horor to the game).

Abilities:
has a 6 itens inventory; same itens as it's villager has.

This 3 ones are already with the hero, do not require leveling:

Bat/Vampire form: Enables you to shift between ground and air form, making you enable to move over
cliffs,trees,water,etc. Moves a bit slower (25%) on air. Bat form deals less damage and has lower
atack speed.

Human/Vampire form: Enables you to shift between villager and vampire form. Your Vlad III name will sell you out however (but it will require the person to click and look at your name)..

Vampire Cloak: Makes you invisible, but your moviment speed will be setled for (-30) your current moviment speed. (cost mana, has a one entire night cooldown). You can use invisibility while flying!

(abilities enabled by both vampire/bat forms:)

Vamire Lord Combat Toughness: Render this unit with spell resistance (20/40/60%) also increase its
strength and agility by 3+ (+3 each time you level).

Vampire Atacks: Gives (10/17/25%(the increase as you level)) your atack will deal 2x your base atack as bonus damage, and stun for 0.1/0.3/0.5 seconds.

Sleep: Put an unit to sleep, like the dreadlord's ability; the diference is it will cost less cooldown,less mana and increase sleep time as you level it. (works weaker on heroes like ww, van hels., villager, zombie, ww hero minions). Lesser effect on heroes like villager or werewolf.

Ultimate (lvl6 + ability) skill (only enabled when on vampire form:)
Vampire Bite: You bite an unit, drinkin its blood. kills (can't be cast on heroes like villager, hellsing,
ww, or ww hero minions) an enemy unit. and fully restores your hp.(small range for cast) When cast you and that unit will
be paused for (4(lvl1)/2(lvl2))secs and both can be damaged,stunned,etc. during that (something like banshee's posetion, but killing/converting unit into vamp. wife). Spell channeling is stopped if stunned or if you (Dracula) cancel it.

(Special: If cast on an wife the unit is turned into a vampire wife, that can fly and has a considerable atack and
will over time give dracula 5 (per wife, no limit of vampire wifes) vampire sons.
The biting time on the wife should be very short (1 or 2 seconds) in a way the vilager don't have time to kill it.

Quests to become Dracula (suggestion):
- Vampire cloak quest (Kill the elusive stag, get a blood fish, buy a carving knife, and those itens will shift to a cloak that can give you invisibility for 5,etc secs at the cost of 50,etc. mana. Has a one entire night time of cooldown.)
- Grave quest (Find your father's grave and it will trigger your name switch to Vlad III).
- Become a Vampire (Bring your wife at night to the necromancer so that she becomes a vampire wife).

Abraham Van Helsing

He will look like a Robin hood archer in game: Stealth, nice to the poor (noobs) and tough with players he might consider as werewolf. I heard on the forums suggestions to make a wolfslayer career.. well Van Helsing's idea is just the thing!

Quests to become Helsing:
- Helsing bow quest (kill a treant and take its oak wood, slay the prize boar and take its belly to forge hellsing's bow).
- Grave quest (find your son's grave and it will trigger your wife maddness efect (shell be like chicken: you'll lose control over her movements).

Abilities:
Human/Helsing form: Switch between human and helsing forms, with itens preserved.

Craft enchanted arrow: Requires 1 rabit pelt + 5 iron ore + blood rose + spring water = craft an enchanted arrow that deals bonus damage to the werewolf and dracula.

Ultimate: Track: Shows the location of the werewolf and dracula. Level 2 gives unit vision for a short time. One IMPORTANT thing is making that skill (or even considering something else as ultimate, maybe goes invisible) not be able to be used in the day/night or night/day turning time because that would be a cheap way of finding out which villager is the Werewolf/Dracula.

If you are too tired to think on the problem that this ability might cause I suggest as an alternative ultimate the going invisible one (with at least one night/day time cooldown so that if the werewolf finds you out 2 times in the same night he has a chance to kill you.

One important thing as well is that Van Helsing CAN ONLY RANGED ATTACK Werewolf & minions and Dracula & minions. So it won't be a rigged advantage against other villagers.

The grave quest is simply:

Going to the grave of your son (Helsing):

Conditions: Have the bow on your hands and a wife. Comes near your son's grave (which would be a beauty grave with flowers and
birds around it, and every time someone comes near that grave a message appears: "Here lies Jeremiah Van Helsing.")

It would trigger the following things:
The following message would appear on your screen:
"My mind has been so busy these days that I have never came here again since the Remembrance Day... just hoped my wife could
get over our son's death and live on peace again..."

Your Villager's Name would change to "Abraham".

You would lose control over the "wife" unit, she would then walk randomly on the cenario (like the boar/chicken units) that
would lead the nice thing of "pro" players who would become Helsing take the aditional caution of puting their wifes inside
their Plantation (main building) before taking the final step into becoming Helsing (the grave quest).

If your wife gets killed (or turned into a vampire wife) your Helsing unit would suffer heavy penalties (make it's total base hp decrease,
major main damage decrease, leaving Helsing threat to WW & minions, Dracula & minions being only due to crafting and firing his enchanted arrows)
and the following message would appear on Helsing's screen:
"Your wife is dead. A sadness of living takes control of you now..."

or

Going to the grave of your father, Vlad II (Dracula):

Conditions: Have the "Vampire Cloak" on your hands. Comes near your father grave (which would be a wood plank, something very old and dirty, with bugs around it) and every time someone comes near that grave a message appears:
"Here lies Vlad II, hanged for heresy".)(I thought the message hanged for heresy would make the players wonder "what creepy reason could be that Dracula's father would be hanged? And why is the church destroyed?, that adds fear, imagination and intrigue to the game...")

It would trigger the following things:
The following message would appear on your screen:
"Those insolent idiots will pay for this outrage! You WILL be avenged for this I promise you, father..."

Your Villager's Name would change to "Vlad III".

The last quest for becoming Dracula would be turning yourself into a vampire.
I've seen the necromancer that kills wife is something very few used on the game and something that is not an advantage at all (you lose precious time and your wife unit for "extra vision"!? pointless...), the ghost wife has also some bugs at it like when you pick the tunnels to travel between regions she simply stops following you... so I suggest you switch that to the necromancer turning you into a vampire. That would require that your villager name be Vlad III (requires that you do the grave quest), and bring yourself to the necromancer on the night (you don't want to become Dracula during the day, for obvious (dying) reasons). Once you are there you get transformed into a vampire, and the following message appears on your screen:
"Muhahaha! At last, our revenge will finally start..."

(also, I heard that Jesse wants to get rid of as many "Easter eggs" as possible on the game, but he's having trouble to do so because the fans like a lot the ones that already exist, like the Death Bell, Thunder Lizard and the Scarecrow. If you want my opinion about that I believe the "Easter eggs" that already exists on the game shouldn't be destroyed because the fans like everything you made on the game, and destroying triggers, units, things on the map is a big waste. Also, keep in mind that these things have a little important factor to distinguish the "pro" players from the "noobs" which I believe is something a bit important for the gameplay since gamers like to be rewarded for knowing more about the game they play. In my opinion the major problem is BALANCING the secrets in a way it does NOT turn into a huge advantage for the player that finds it, because that would make the noobs find the game to tough and unfair for them.
I will give example of things that, in my personal opinion, needs URGENT rebalancing:
Cheese is rigged, and takes almost no real trouble to aquire one.
Death Bell life steal aura is TOO powerful.
Scarecrow was rigged in the past, and useless in the present. If you want my opinion, I believe a small "damage return" property wouldn't hurt anyone, your attempts to remove this Easter eggs has made the fans very disappointed so I wouldn't remove it if I were you.
The bush from the "Witch Doctor" takes a lot of time to be crafted and is too weak considering all the trouble you have made to make it.
I like all the mystery that players get on their heads when they see this unit, so I wouldn't remove this Easter egg. What about instead of a bush it gives a consumable item that grants the villager who consume the item the ability of true sight? That would make this secret a lot more useful and balanced...
Finally one of my favorite ones is the mysterious "diseased" fish that is on the southeast of the map. Now it's an useless thing, and If you are too tired to think/do something nice with it I suggest It be consumed for a bonus hp, stats, whatever...
But on the other hand I have something better in my mind to make of this little guy. If I were you I would make it part of the "Swimmer's Suit" item:
Swimmer's suit: Requires blue fish, blood fish, green fish, purple fish, etc. (all fishes, I don't remember them all right now) and a carving knife. Once you have all this items (its a secret item, like the vampire cloak and the helsing bow) it would trigger and auto item cast, consuming all this itens and giving you the Swimer's Suit. This item allows the player using it the ability to move wile "breading underwater", and lowers considerably the cooldown of the "breath underwater" ability. )

During the suggestion I've seen the question "Why Werewolf would want to base itself on an old novel?" Here's my aswer: Because that "old" novel was a MAJOR success at the time and still is even nowadays, being rewrited and turned into a movie several times. I believe taking inspiration from what makes success should be on VoF's plans...

I had put some links here as well of good sites to read for inpiration over the idea and I shall do so again, cause I believe in WWT future and that one day Werewolf Transylvania will be an independent awesome game that will leave VoF and all of us proud of it (=

Abraham Van Helsing:
http://www.badassoftheweek.com/vanhelsing.html
this one is more for lore of afiliations, etc.:
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/vanhel.htm

Vlad III Dracula, the impaler:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dracula

Bufy the vampire hunter is also a nice television series that should be viewed for inspiration.

Here's a nice Dracula movie (I recommend watching it when mom is outside, it has some cool titshowing images on it.. =P )
(Link 1 try it first because it has english subtitles on some parts): http://www.movie4k.to/Bram-Stoker-s-Dra ... 28835.html
(Link 2): http://ffilms.org/dracula-1992/
in case none of those links work for you type in google Bram Stoker's dracula and you might find the movie. You tube has only small cutscenes.

My post has been crashed! (I don't know how or why, but I'll try to restore what I remember)
This time I saved the text of this suggestion. So if it get crashed again I'll keep fixing and fixing, because I'm Tiririca and
Tiririca never gives up, "abestado"!
Last edited by abextadoo on Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:21 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Tonex

Postby Tonex » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:28 pm

These ideas sound interesting, but would greatly imbalance the game. Also, remember that this game is NOT an RPG, Hero Arena, etc., and is not generally focussed on the hero alone, but also the Hero's army. Think of WWT more if a Civilization game, but with more intrigue.
Luff

Postby Luff » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:19 am

I didnt read the post, but from reading the tittle, all i can say is that if a player suggests a secret, its not a secret.
abextadoo

Postby abextadoo » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:23 am

This is just a base for inspiration (doesn't mean it has to be this way, or even if any of this things
has to be added), I remember.
(Tonex:) I agree with your opinion, dracula and helsing should work combined with minions/villager troops/strategy/conceal.
This will add intrigue and mistery to the game, wich I believe both you and Jesse likes (=
Gonna give hard work to add/balance all this, I admit )=.(maybe just some ideas for v1.25; people (and I =D) are anxious for v1.24, already).

(Werewolf_299): Basically you want to criticise something without knowing it. That's called ignorance in my contry buddy (same word I must say).
I'll crash my post if the Idea sounds plausible. Sorry for spoiling a possible secret, I like to keep secrets, secret too. Just wanted vof members and popular forum people to read this idea; sending messages/e-mail/files takes much work and I can't be sure if they received it (I made this for terrain suggestions, and I'm still waiting a repply/post/e-mail (even to say that you did not like anything without even read it, that would at least make my 6 hour spend to make the file a bit worth it...)).

I've been studing/ looking for ways to help on the new heroes modeling (if this topic becomes useful). Does anyone here know the steps I must do to use the MDX Importer/Exporter 2.0 script on gmax 1.2 in order to make it able to import warcraft 3 .mdx models? ordered to "run script" already, but still can't find any ways to open the .mdx ...
Last edited by abextadoo on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luff

Postby Luff » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:04 am

Well, after making a quick read through it (skipping abilities and unit models) it seems to have too many RPG elements for a game like WW-T. Its also not original to put characters from novels/etc. in a map that is not supposed to be a "port" of the novel in wc3.
B2zeldafreak

Postby B2zeldafreak » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:25 am

I think it would be really cool if someone made 'Transylvania' the RPG, where theres villagers and vampires and werewolves and van helsings
abextadoo

Postby abextadoo » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:08 pm

by the way I'm starting to believe there's no dracula on game. Played many games and never seen any sign of it.

Just trying to give nice ideas for it; I believe the bridge between pro and noob players won't be too long since it's a secret quest for 1 // 2 player(s) to become a little bit more powerful (zombie< player < werewolf) and secrets always sounds exciting for average/pro players (we gotta catch em all, remember?).

Also helsing sounds a cool wolfslayer career with conceal. I believe the game should last longer w helsing protecting vilagers at night/ dracula annoying ww, and a longer game means more time for noobs to explore and understand the game.

Hope in the future jesse considers making a version those quests. I'd love to play wwt with dracula &(or) hellsing available for players.

And we all see that message "Jesse realises dracula is from transilvania" well, has someone here seen dracula?
Luff

Postby Luff » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:43 am

There's no Dracula, the message is just there because people might get confused with what a werewolf has to do with Transylvania, since Transylvania is known as count Dracula's home.
Tonex

Postby Tonex » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:37 am

But there's no reference to wandering gypsies?
Luff

Postby Luff » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:33 am

But the wolf killed them.
abextadoo

Postby abextadoo » Sat May 11, 2013 3:07 pm

Well maybe Van Helsing would give too much trouble for adding and balancing (i like the idea a lot, however).

But Drácula begs to be on this game!!.. plz jesse plz PLZ at least try to make a version w it, im a fan of your game and a map maker as well, i am noob on warcraft map editing and even if i wasnt i wouldn't be able to make such an awesome game as it is werewolf transilvania.

You said you realize drácula is from transilvania. Your fans are waiting for a drácula on game. I'll restore my topic and try to clear out anything silly that it could have. Also I'd like to know your opinion, even if it means a "no, thank you for the topic, abextadoo."
Drácula would make a nice secret quest since the game would have more intrigue (who's drácula?, who's the werewolf?, who's normal villager?). And remember that pro players love secrets since they feel distinct from noob players, and drácula isn't that much stronger so the bridge between pro players and noob players would not be afected too much with this secret.

If all that isn't enough to convince you to hard working again on map to add this, think you'd be making a fan of yours really happy if you at least try to make a version w it! =D
Jesse James

Postby Jesse James » Sat May 11, 2013 11:07 pm

I'm not opposed to the idea entirely, It's just that we've done it before and it was a spectacular flop.
Tonex

Postby Tonex » Sun May 12, 2013 4:03 am

I think that Van Helsing is really a no, and the zombies are already strigoi. Jesse, Im a bit disheartened that you didn't even remark on either of my odes.
Pwnage

Postby Pwnage » Sun May 12, 2013 11:30 am

The villager is incredibly powerful on this version of the game. The only viable way to add any hero upgrade such as the ones that have been proposed would be to change the turtle capability that the villager has. However, I think it would be a very cool easter egg to add in if it was purely an aesthetic change to the game.
Pwnage.@USEast
abextadoo

Postby abextadoo » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:02 pm

I have found a nice model on hive workshop for a Van Helsing, made by eubz, (he only misses a hero light but that is easily added as a geoset in war3 model editor v 1.07):
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/armored_villagerman_archer-226323/?prev=search%3Darcher%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20