Make an option at game start to game host choose game mode t

Post and discuss your suggestions for future Werewolf versions here.
abextadoo

Postby abextadoo » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:22 pm

I thought on that cause to me transilvania isn't transilvania without vampires! vampires and warewolves hate each other so it wold make game more fun and adaptable (for example, if theres very few ppl on game 2 or 3 you chose to have only vampires, if ur game is full with a lot of humans it'd be fun to have a vampire and a warewolf on game.. and host (red) would chose it so it's the host who makes the game "rigged" or not.
Also warewolves would have to work his army to go at map during the day lookin on ppl to find out who's the vampire.
Vampires would be weaker than warewolfs, wd have the abilities to hide, fly (slow, faster each level)(combine flying w cloak), swift (increases agility), and vampirebite (ultimate, turn a villager into a vampire, sd take 3,4 secs with villager and vampire close and paused (so it gives vilager a chance to kill him b4 he succeds).
vampires wd have to hide in their houses during the day (if he don't, he die on game) so u'd have a chance to guess whos it. At night he'd be able to morph between human/vampire at his wish, so he'd go at night trackin ppl!
Vote, say your opinion plz! hope the topic is nice (and sorry for my poor english, I'm native at portuguese laguage).
Luff

Postby Luff » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:50 am

No, for obvious reasons.
abextadoo

Postby abextadoo » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:23 am

game name is werewolf, and you might claim that the purpose of the game would change but... if you like just werewolf, then be host and choose that!! (=
hope ppl talk and put their opinions, maybe I'm not the only one that likes so much vampires (real vampires, not emoedward ones).
abextadoo

Postby abextadoo » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:18 pm

maybe make a version with that, and see if it get popular?... well if many ppl vote/post denying the idea, i give up and stop bothering with this. A 9 player map, w warewolf and vampire would have left 7 villagers, still a good number..
Tonex

Postby Tonex » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:50 am

It's already been complained that the game is too complex. How would a noob learn to pick up the game with so many strange features?
abextadoo

Postby abextadoo » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:45 am

game is complex indeed.. but I think It's something positive since ppl who like the game will want to find out things and become a pro. And host isn't supposed to be noob
SpazINSanity

Postby SpazINSanity » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:26 pm

vamperism fire 3rd door on the left.
Last edited by SpazINSanity on Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
abextadoo

Postby abextadoo » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:29 pm

Vampirism has only vampires, and in my opinion, not a cool villager life as in werewolf.
abextadoo

Postby abextadoo » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:29 pm

new v name suggestion: Transilvania - The Cursed Land
Luff

Postby Luff » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:13 am

Jesse realises Dracula is from Transylvania. But this addition would ruin the map.
Jesse James

Postby Jesse James » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:53 pm

We actually had vampires for a version or two. It was not well received at all. I had hate mail for a couple months about that one.
abextadoo

Postby abextadoo » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:36 pm

Some other suggestions I have, and some I've seen on the forum and I believe it's plausible:

- Gambling kit. And It is fixxed. Thanks buddy (=

- Put a limit for oak seed towers.

- Dog should be able to dig (maybe a level (10, 5, etc.) dog?)// Digging for ingredients should be more appealing in my opinion (why would someone dig for a shitty 20/30 gold ingredient if he can fish somth that is worth 200 gold?; combine that with animal bosses/beatles spawning at most of digging areas (and the lack of decent base spots near it) and only a stupid noob player would choose brewing as a career from the game start) maybe a faster cooldown and/or more (2,etc) attemps at a single click on shovel.

- I have an idea for a new brewing potion (this sugestion is futile, ignore it if you want..). Magic Perfume (Blue Tulip + Winter Kiss + Spring Water): Sweet ascent (aura on villager) gives all nearby allied units bonus regeneration (30,40,etc.) for (5,etc.) seconds. Deals same as damage to nearby enemy zombies/ ww & minions. Don't damage enemy villagers & villager's army, however. (good to walk w troops around map w/o zombies/ minions killin it easily). Cooldown per cast.

- Cheese SUCKS: Rigged. Combine that with stupid mhers on game and your game will suck (I suggest a longer cooldown or/and (1,2,etc.) for a slot). I have an idea from my mind for something that would substitute the cheese item (very slow cooldown (and/or) 1,2,etc. per slot): Bread (Wheat + Spring Water + (5,etc.) Chicken Eggs) that would make brewing a more powerful (and cool) career, and if you want to hunt villagers around map, you'll have to take some time buffing yourself (wont be so easy like just getting some gold and buying things). Also make chicken eggs available for sell by the suiter (walking merchant; 5 eggs per click).

- Wolf should be able to trade some of his minions (8, 10, etc) into 1,2 powerful and fast ones (this would be good for avoid unit lag, and for hunter villagers to walk more freely on map at night w/o being spottted easily by ww).

- I have faced some strange bugs: Plantation dont get auto updated sometimes when i delete it and build on other place; well don't give water sometimes. Fishing sometimes stops like its gona fish something but then nothing comes (this bugs might be of old versios/already been fixed, I've faced that on diferent games anyway. Don't take this suggestion too serious..)
Last edited by abextadoo on Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
abextadoo

Postby abextadoo » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:23 pm

-killin boar/sheeps is rigged. (combine that with the rigged gambling kit,and game will combo suck).
Last edited by abextadoo on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
abextadoo

Postby abextadoo » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:05 pm

- Sister shouldn't apear on the ground;

- I've seen map hackers exploiting owls, would making itens invisible help preventing that? this idea came from my head but i donno if it'll be good.

- Story books constantly "litter" the map since players don't sell them. I suggest to make it be consumeable for a (+1,etc.) intelligence increase for villager.
Last edited by abextadoo on Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
abextadoo

Postby abextadoo » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:17 pm

- Shadow (when a villager dies). Fix it.

- Maybe would be nice giving trebuchet vision over trees and highcliffs, and increase it's atack a bit. It's NEAR IMPOSSIBLE to millitary atack some bunker bases without trebuchets. Add zombies to bother you constantly and the result are long no-fun pro player's never ending battles.

- I believe in the principle that if a player build on a rigged place, he must have guts to claim that area.

- A suggestion from my mind for the stronger ww minions (this suggestion is, in my opinion, the most futile one):

Trade (8,10,etc.) mutated bears (make this trade thing an ability for oberon) for a hero mutated bear w siege atack and special abilities:
Warebear's Dark Bless: Invincible for (5,etc.) secs (cost mana and has cooldown)
Back dense carapace: Raise armor by (30/35,etc.) but criples moviment speed by (70%,80%, etc.), (cost mana and has coolddown).
Resistant Skin: (passive, increase the unit's magic resistance by (40,60%), makes it imune to cheap magics, (like in normal warcraft's ability).)

(tank anti bunker-base). This one is the most wanted hero minion by me.. hate those fuckin bunker bases w 10000 oak seed towers and rifleman army.. specialy when they build it on the uphill waterfall or the forest surrounded base areas; it pisses wwolves.

Trade (8,10,etc.) spectre (make this trade thing an ability for rocky) for a hero spectre with special abilities:
Frenzy: Increase atack speed, but takes more damage from atacks/spells. (cast, has cooldown.)
Dig: Burrow/unburrow on the ground, remaining invisible. (cast, has cooldown.)
Infest: Like dota's naix ability, slow unit but it goes getting it's speed back), (passive ,15%,etc. chance).

Trade (8,10,etc.) mutated wolf (make this trade thing an ability for timber) for a hero mutated wolf with special abilities:
Prowl: Goes invisible, but reduced speed. Backstab damage (cost mana, has cooldown.)
Howl: Increase all werwolf minions atack, speed and atack speed. lasts (60,100,or the entire night, etc.) seconds (cost mana, has long cooldown. (howl sound on map would be fun when this is cast, and the dota's vengeful spirit "wave of terror" spell sound right after howl sound would be fun too.)
Critical Strike: Gives chance to deal (3x, 2.5x, etc.) damage. (passive, 15%,etc. chance).

Trade (8,10,etc.) mutated stag (make this trade thing an ability for the 1/2 empty werewof hero slots) for a hero mutated stag with special abilities:
Jump: Blinks from a place, like warden ability. (cost mana, has cooldown.)
Stomp: Stuns (and,or) drowsy units at close range, like mountain king/tauren chieftain abilities. (cost mana, has cooldown).

Trade (8,10,etc.) gore tusk (make this trade thing an ability for the 2/2 empty werewof hero slots) for a hero gore tusk with special abilities:
Scrape (atack with horns, is it correct!?): Stuns units in a line and hero boar gets placed to the last scraped unit, something like Cript Lord Impale ability, but w/ gore tusk being blinked to the end of the stun line (jump trees/high cliffs). (cost mana, has cooldown.)
Horn Drill: Gives chance to trow the unit atacked in the air and stun it when it lands again on ground (like impale does). (passive, 15%,etc. chance.).

Please make the werewolf boar (gore tusk) minion, and the hero boar minion atack using horns (or stoped at close range, like normal boar).

When I played wwt games I heard some players crying that being werewolf was not fun/ tough game. With those hero units available I believe only a real dumbass moron would say something like that again..

Actually the problem of some/all overpowered bases could be simply solved by giving ww (in at least some level, or not) the ability to have resistant skin (increase magic resistanse by (70%/80%,etc.).
Last edited by abextadoo on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.