[Poll] End Game Options

Post and discuss your suggestions for future Werewolf versions here.

Game changes that can realistically end the game by 1-hour mark?

Implement a conditionally unlockable creatable item like Silver Spears to give Villager range when attacking wolf that applies a stackable cripple effect on-hit.
8%
Remove the random event that provides +5 food to decrease viability of later game camping.
17%
Increase the time associated with building units to make it more difficult to rebuild defeated armies. (Small increase of 10-15 seconds)
17%
Progressively implement Player-Verse-Environment threats that steadily reduce the size of the playable map until all you have is the center of the map around castle.
13%
Persistently reveal villagers who do not have a tent/farm/plantation built after night 3 as a way to hunt down players after espionage or acute senses has been successfully used to destroy a base.
13%
Give wife true-sight ability and give dog a tracking ability to "sense/reveal/ping" unallied villagers/wolf when under XX%hp.
4%
Add a secondary entrance to waterfall base or add more trees to waterfall base to limit the size of the base as a way to reduce duel basing.
4%
Add a researchable technology to improve on espionage that either periodically pings villager locations, or extends the villager reveal by 10-15 seconds.
17%
Give wolf the ability to eat trees at level 25.
8%

Total votes: 24
KidsEatFree

[Poll] End Game Options

Postby KidsEatFree » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:19 pm

The following are suggestions to try and keep the game balanced while making the game easy to end by 1 hour mark.
KidsEatFree

Re: [Poll] End Game Options

Postby KidsEatFree » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:14 pm

And you can vote up to 8 times.
Blondie91

Postby Blondie91 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:53 pm

Voted! pretty good ideas :)

And I bet they will be able to polish the best ones and add them someday :)
Coronatorum

Postby Coronatorum » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:52 pm

I'd say its a good idea to make player visible for everyone if he hadnt built anything during day. So u could at least track him. But to make him invisible again after 10 sec after his tent/plantation/farm will be constructed again.

Aaand there is second enterance to waterfall as to Windmill (middle bot highground) :D That enterance is just covered with trees)
Falanor

Postby Falanor » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:59 am

KidsEatFree wrote:Remove the random event that provides +5 food to decrease viability of later game camping.

Done!

KidsEatFree wrote:Increase the time associated with building units to make it more difficult to rebuild defeated armies. (Small increase of 10-15 seconds)

Will add this on next update.

KidsEatFree wrote:Progressively implement Player-Verse-Environment threats that steadily reduce the size of the playable map until all you have is the center of the map around castle.

I do like this idea a lot but it sounds technically challenging. What should we do with players that built their base in that area? How shall we move units that end up being in removed zone? Teleport them? Kill them? And what is more important: how technically shall we remove the zone? Fill it with way-blocking objects? Make it units lose their health while being in that zone?
I’m not saying that it’s impossible, but amount of work here is incredible. Not to say that wc3 engine is quite old and buggy for such things.

KidsEatFree wrote:Persistently reveal villagers who do not have a tent/farm/plantation built after night 3 as a way to hunt down players after espionage or acute senses has been successfully used to destroy a base.

Will add this in future!

KidsEatFree wrote:Add a secondary entrance to waterfall base or add more trees to waterfall base to limit the size of the base as a way to reduce duel basing.

Added two entrances to Waterfall and Windmill bases!

KidsEatFree wrote:Give wolf the ability to eat trees at level 25.

We added a catapult instead that can destroy trees in 9 hits. We didn’t only had problem when villager is hiding from wolf inside of trees but also wolves that hide from villagers. I hope that this will help with such occasions.
Thank you for all the ideas and for your interest in the map and its improvement!
KidsEatFree

Postby KidsEatFree » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:43 am

KidsEatFree wrote:Wall of text about community submitted ideas

Falanor wrote:I made a bunch of changes, thanks community, and have a few more planned in the future, execpt PVE which sounds really awesome and pain to implement.

Something I was thinking might be an inelegant but simple solution. On X night all players get the message "The dead begin to stir beneath the cathedral." Come morning spawn super hardcore, neutral skeletons in that zone that can easily kill everything. Something like that. For the march area on x day all players get a message "A strange malaise spreads throughout the south eastern swamps." Then apply a permanent death and decay effect. Just ideas.
dudlan66

Postby dudlan66 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:03 am

Currently Werewolf is pretty strong and I don't think removing areas would help the game anymore. Yes the map is big and I was always suggesting to make it smaller, but with current ww's strength is should not be an issue.

Werewolf already got lots of buffs such as removed +5 event, lots of strength from minions, etc...

Adding this feature would probably kill the game as it would make it unplayable for any new player or pro playing villager role.

However I do think that there should be better feature for espionage, so it could be easier to track villager and avoid long games / could cost more.
Please follow and support us on
www.footballhed.com
KidsEatFree

Postby KidsEatFree » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:23 am

dudlan66 wrote:However I do think that there should be better feature for espionage, so it could be easier to track villager and avoid long games / could cost more.

<3<3<3 like a million times. Upvote please.
dudlan66

Postby dudlan66 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:47 pm

KidsEatFree wrote:
dudlan66 wrote:However I do think that there should be better feature for espionage, so it could be easier to track villager and avoid long games / could cost more.

<3<3<3 like a million times. Upvote please.

I did lol
Please follow and support us on
www.footballhed.com