Let's Talk End Game

Post and discuss your suggestions for future Werewolf versions here.
KidsEatFree

Let's Talk End Game

Postby KidsEatFree » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:24 am

I and I think a lot of other players are in agreement that the game is in a good place right now.

This is largely due to

1. Skilled Werewolf selection
2. Removal of Owl Eater items (Speed Abuse)
3. Werewolf speed buffs.
4. Ghoul bug fix
5. Coffee HP caps.
6. No chain stun lock from net.
7. Werewolf has no strength cap and increases in lethality exponentially.
8. Zombies still suck but when they help villagers it does help.
9. Players are starting to actually try to find werewolf and team up with each other to take wolf down.
10. Random names. This feature is amazing and has put the fun back in the game because as a regular I knew ususally by first night who wolf was just based on knowing the players and the name and color feature couldn't hide that.

The current issues
1. The game has no good way to end. A good villager and a good wolf can drag the game on long past the point of a viable win for either party.
2. Whim of the Druid is in an odd place where it helps villagers make some defendable bases or as a way to protect wife:self at night, but it can also be extremely abused such as in games I've played wherein a maxed at villager buried himself 10 trees deep in southern church making it impossible to kill him for almost 5 nights due to an inability to reach him with WW, minions, and soldiers and lack of vision to use musketeers to kill him.
3. Villagers don't currently have a way to stop the werewolf except with a chance spear during the day. Mobility is king and a mobile wolf and villager are hard to kill.

Suggestions
1. Add additional ways for villagers to lose the game. Something like an auto loss if your the last villager and don't have a plantation or barracks for longer than 60 seconds night 7 on
Or give the enemy constant line of sight of you while these conditions are unmet.
The thought process is that if the game goes long enough, and if only 1 villager remains and that villager lacks a base, playing with the intent to prolong the game in hopes of some Deux Ex Machina like critical computer error or real life interferes isn't healthy for this game.
2. Cap the number of whim of the druids that can be carried by any player at a time at 6.
The thought process is that this would allow villager and wolf to use whim of the druid and cuts off the ability to do some really abusive unfun things, like trap werewolf/villagers in trees using regrowth function.
3. Have ways that villagers can remove parts of the map from play. Such as using dynamite or a key item like dynamite that is in Game quest related to destroy the cave area.
The thought process behind this is that the map is massive, and its almost impossible to find, and trap a player whos on the move because theirs so much map to hide in.
4. Additional villager perks such as an ability to help hunt wolf could be added that when a player has killed 25 wolves he gains an ability that pings that wolf player whenever within xxxx amount of in game distance units.
Last edited by KidsEatFree on Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:08 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Blondie91

Re: Let's Talk End Game

Postby Blondie91 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:19 am

Totally agree with the Whim of the Druid .. We love to eat trees to shape our bases or to make a hole in the enemy barricades but people starting to abuse of them to make the game too long for even for itself. Also making early base In rocky spot which I think is unfair for the rest..

I think its okay for werewolf to be almost invincible in night time. In early game Werewolf is not that strong. Experienced players will have enough army/strenght to chase him out since early nights unless hes been fed a lot.

Limiting the quantity you can buy of Whim of the Druid would also bring back old bases which are not being used at all because they can be brought down by just eating a couple of trees.
KidsEatFree

Postby KidsEatFree » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:02 pm

Guilty. I abuse the Rocky spot which is both a pain for wolf but also other players as it means wolf attacks other players first.
Coronatorum

Postby Coronatorum » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:49 pm

The current issues
1. The game has no good way to end. A good villager and a good wolf can drag the game on long past the point of a viable win for either party.
2. Whim of the Druid is in an odd place where it helps villagers make some defendable bases or as a way to protect wife:self at night, but it can also be extremely abused such as in games I've played wherein a maxed at villager buried himself 10 trees deep in southern church making it impossible to kill him for almost 5 nights due to an inability to reach him with WW, minions, and soldiers and lack of vision to use musketeers to kill him.
3. Villagers don't currently have a way to stop the werewolf except with a chance spear during the day. Mobility is king and a mobile wolf and villager are hard to kill.

Well.. ill have to disagree

1) The game point is not to camp, but unite and kill werewolf. If willagers unite and hunt werewolf - he has low chances of wining, even the good one. Currently the biggest issue is that people seem not to get the idea of this game - they play solo, and dont help others. There will be no "good end" if players will play seperated.

2)Agree. But removing this item is not an option. I thing the ability must be added to werewolf after he will cull 400 minions on lvl 25 - the ability to eat trees.

3)Have you ever heared of toxic bomb? Or speed potion? Just had match against ChaosZ and Dudlan. ChaosZ almost killed me! (even though i had max speed buff, max hp, max armor and invulnurability potions. It used to be easy to catch werewolf just by spear - but at that point it was not balanced. Now u need Toxic bomb + Net + Spearsho - then ww will go down. (Even toxic bomb is enough, it has 30 ssec cooldown and long slow duration) + Maxed cavalery is MUCH faster tha villager. So no need to add any new slow - u just need to cooperate and unlock several abilities.
chaosZ

Postby chaosZ » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:09 pm

Coronatorum bully us whole game I condemn him :D
Coronatorum

Postby Coronatorum » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:12 pm

I couldnt kill u guys even after i buffed werewolf to 10k+ hp and 1300 atack!.. Just was lucky Dudlan had DC :roll: :oops:
chaosZ

Postby chaosZ » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:33 pm

after 4 night it was gg anyway xD you were building army :D but it was good and fun game :D
KidsEatFree

Postby KidsEatFree » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:03 am

1) The game point is not to camp, but unite and kill werewolf. If villagers unite and hunt werewolf - he has low chances of wining, even the good one. Currently the biggest issue is that people seem not to get the idea of this game - they play solo, and dont help others. There will be no "good end" if players will play seperated.

3)Have you ever heared of toxic bomb? Or speed potion? Just had match against ChaosZ and Dudlan. ChaosZ almost killed me! (even though i had max speed buff, max hp, max armor and invulnurability potions. It used to be easy to catch werewolf just by spear - but at that point it was not balanced. Now u need Toxic bomb + Net + Spearsho - then ww will go down. (Even toxic bomb is enough, it has 30 ssec cooldown and long slow duration) + Maxed cavalery is MUCH faster tha villager. So no need to add any new slow - u just need to cooperate and unlock several abilities

Actually, this is exactly what I'm talking about in my post. That game you reference lasted almost 4 hours and as I understood it two players, Chaoz and Dudlan teamed up, built together, coordinated strategies, and went against you. You say they almost killed you with all those abilities but they didn't kill you and the game lasted 4 hours. It took you almost a half hour after Dudlan dc'd sometime around the 220 minute mark to finish the game. This is not a throwing shade, your one of the best players right now in the game, but that game went almost went 4 hours, that's just not fun and it is more common then it should be once better players play against each other.
Coronatorum

Postby Coronatorum » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:06 am

The game lasted for 4 hrs because they were not trying to hunt me at day (well, they did one good attampt, but thats it). If they would search for me - if have more chances of killing them (because leaving base usually get the players killed). If they would hunt me earliers they prob could end this game MUCH earlier. But they didnt. The one good atempt they had is when ChaosZ went on me and ALMOST killed me (i had 50 hp left, but then i went underwater and turned into ww). If Dudlan would join him OR if he would do that earlier id be dead for sure. But they were just camping. Dman, i managed to craft my villager max HP! And i was the wolf! The games that last for this long are only those games where villagers camp and dont go for WW. Werewolf need to craft 1500 damage to go through fully-camped villagers. So if u want to end game faster - unlock toxic bomb, make speed potion, and werewolf will be dead really fast. But if u think that ww should be dumb enough to kill himself under enemy walls - ull have those types of 4 hr games , cuz no good wolf will go to suicide - he will farm ghouls to win the game.

Just as i sayed above - use brewing. Currently its nearly impossible to run away from villagers if they catch you if they use toxic bomb + Jasmine tea. Toxic bomb has 30 sec cooldown and it slowas for 10-15 seconds. And if ull use Jasmine tea - u will catch villager for sure. So if ull check that tactic as villager ull see that it is easy to end game fast by killing ww at day :D Since it is MUCH harder for werewolf in villager form to build a decent speed buffs.
dudlan66

Postby dudlan66 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:21 am

Coronatorum wrote:The game lasted for 4 hrs because they were not trying to hunt me at day (well, they did one good attampt, but thats it). If they would search for me - if have more chances of killing them (because leaving base usually get the players killed). If they would hunt me earliers they prob could end this game MUCH earlier. But they didnt. The one good atempt they had is when ChaosZ went on me and ALMOST killed me (i had 50 hp left, but then i went underwater and turned into ww). If Dudlan would join him OR if he would do that earlier id be dead for sure. But they were just camping. Dman, i managed to craft my villager max HP! And i was the wolf! The games that last for this long are only those games where villagers camp and dont go for WW. Werewolf need to craft 1500 damage to go through fully-camped villagers. So if u want to end game faster - unlock toxic bomb, make speed potion, and werewolf will be dead really fast. But if u think that ww should be dumb enough to kill himself under enemy walls - ull have those types of 4 hr games , cuz no good wolf will go to suicide - he will farm ghouls to win the game.

We did man :D you were just too good at hiding :D Our strategy was not to camp but at some point we got a bit lazy (Honest )
I could use knights however since we were only 2 it would impact our defences.

When we attacked your base it was both of us attacking but our objectives were different; Chaosz was to track you down(Hunter) and mine to kill your base and economy (Defender) :D However I do agree I should of followed you too but then I would let your army get strong and that would kill us at night. So it was risky decision in both instances. In regards to this comment I would refer to my strategy guide for villager viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1057 Me and Chaosz were following these principles in that game to try out if it works unfortunately we were only 2 :D
Please follow and support us on
www.footballhed.com
Coronatorum

Postby Coronatorum » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:27 am

But the thing is.. my economy was unimpacked... all game i had 10-15k+ Since u didnt destroy the warehouse and didnt leave some troops there - as soon as u left warehouse i brought back my kid who was nearby and resumed farming gold.

I could use knights however since we were only 2 it would impact our defences

Srsly? ur defence was so campy and OP that is would be enough for ChaosZ army and ur towers to defend base. + at that point u had Zombie with OP stun (4 sec stun every 8 seconds is insane). If ud craft 12 knights and gave them battle experience - id die. Cuz they can outrun werewolf on his max speed at lvl 25. And u had kids to rebuild ur base - so that excuse for not joining ChaosZ in my chase wont count :D
dudlan66

Postby dudlan66 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:40 am

Haha good point for farming! Next time will leave dog nearby . We tried to find your wife everywhere we even cut trees at your usual places :D I think we were more focused on finding her than you ! BTW where was she?

And also good point in regards to knights I was thinking about it I even researched them ,but never made any :P

Anyways learnt few more things in this game :) Next time will be wiser hopefully :D
Please follow and support us on
www.footballhed.com
Coronatorum

Postby Coronatorum » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:47 am

I think we were more focused on finding her than you ! BTW where was she?

Ye, ive noticed that u were up for her.. although i didnt seethe point of doing that - u were on highground - i had no chances of cuting trees at ur back, so there was no need to make her a priority)

I move her every night from place to place and hide in trees. So there is no specific spot) + i always upgrade plantation in laaate game, when 1-2 villagers are left (in that game i got her after 1.5 hrs of game) - its vital to have her alive when u play werewolf)
chaosZ

Postby chaosZ » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:42 am

Who played with me will understand immediately that i am very lazy for those hunting man down things :D thats why i couldnt success to find you and hunt you i was lack experience about that except this i am camper man :D i like to stay in one place whole game xD
chaosZ

Postby chaosZ » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:44 am

Maybe i should tk everything i see from this moment to gain experience about hunting ww xD