why

Discuss Werewolf - Transylvania strategy, map and more.
Stormblessed

why

Postby Stormblessed » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:34 pm

Why are zombies and shield still there?

Greatest majority of players concured there shouldn't..
(increasing requirement to 65 iron changes nothing)
benwoaa

Re: why

Postby benwoaa » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:01 pm

I was in the game and indeed it was a bit boring game and painful to see that a top player cannot easily win again average player. I am not sure if magic shield plays for something but maybe WW should start stronger as right now it's not a treat at all on the first night or even second night with boots. Maybe if WW stats at first night are equivalent to LVL5 that will increase the dynamic of the game? I agree it's a very difficult balance as it's also very depending on the level of the players in the game.
I am not an expert but it's true my villager could stand up quite some time against a LVL25 WW so maybe reducing the armor to +15 (instead of 30) from ironing and reduce the number of towers to 10 max (hehe also my fault I put quite some towers) would make the game more dynamic, maybe crazy but what about allowing a two slots inventory for the WW?

Thanks a lot in advance!
polo5315

Postby polo5315 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:20 am

I realized a trend in the new version. More and more yolo players ( who dont have a base and econ, with shield and armor) just run around the map. When the ww is a yolo player , that get even worst. I played with a guy named bogus123, he is not a pro players but he got shield and armor. It took me around 90mins to kill him by walling the whole map. lucky It was a no secret game. I have to admit it was a painful game for me since I was the only left in game.
I think lower the stun time of spearshot and net will balance it out if you guys remove the shield from the game.
Stormblessed

Postby Stormblessed » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:15 am

That's my point, what use is there for the shield except for prolonging games to unreasonable extent.

Regarding zombies..this matter has been widely discussed already.
Stormblessed

Postby Stormblessed » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:43 am

*ignored* I will keep bumping this thread :D I am unbending with addressing this :P

Especially that I know that I stand in the right ^.^
KidsEatFree

Postby KidsEatFree » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:32 pm

I'll jump on this one.

Zombies break the game. Its already hard enough to win as wolf, add in a few zombies that support villagers and its impossible to break stun lock.
Jesse James

Postby Jesse James » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:24 pm

In the future please use detail rich titles and post in the appropriate categories. "Why", while dramatic, is not an informational title for the content contained within the thread. It is also best to keep different topics divided so that they can be discussed each on their own merits. Zombies and shield should each have their own threads for easier organization and discussion.

I apologize for the clinical sounding post. We have limited time to work on WWT and having a well organized forum is advantageous because we don't have to sort through each and every post for the one thing we're attempting to address.

Another post about zombies was submitted and I would like to continue the discussion there as it is in the appropriate forum with a useful title. Though I would appreciate it if in that thread we could divide up hunting and the zombie into separate topics.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=992

Thanks guys! I hope to have some time this next week to address these issues in more detail.
Stormblessed

Postby Stormblessed » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:09 pm

meh, I intentionally cut title short because there have been already many threads about zombies where players discussed it thoroughly and didn't really want to write an essay here repeating same arguments that have already been posted by many and many times ;p

sowwy ;c
Pwnage

Postby Pwnage » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:16 pm

Locking this topic since shield is removed (1.27.05). Open a new post to talk about zombies ;)
Pwnage.@USEast