Stormblessed's thoughts about 1.27.02

Discuss Werewolf - Transylvania strategy, map and more.
Stormblessed

Stormblessed's thoughts about 1.27.02

Postby Stormblessed » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:46 am

Hi.

So to start off, I need to say, it's finally here! The patch so many of us were waiting for so long that balances the game and makes an imposing threat out of the werewolf.
Much thanks for attending once again to this amazing map :-)

And now, regarding aforementioned werewolf threat - fish net has been nerfed considerably and it seems alright to me really, coffee has been capped however some people say including me that it could be capped little bit more like up to max. of hp 2000(+500/+750 extra hp available from coffee so to speak) given that the werewolf health is over 3900 if I recall properly at level 25, where villager having possibly almost the same amount at the same time seems not right. Anyways coffee has been capped..new interesting craftable item has been added tho personally I don't believe it will prove to be some real gamechanger ye. Regardless it's still cool and adds more diversity into the game so it's a +. Acorn bomb has been removed as craftable which is really liberating from that urge of getting shield everytim due to chessy fuckers running around and throwing it at every person. And that would be about it if my count is alright and I haven't missed anything, perhaps I will need to edit my post later if I discover anything else or remind myself of that.

Neverthless, great job Werewolf Transy team! At developing it and bringing it to us so that we could perhaps have a balanced match!

Alright, now that I spoke about things that have been added I'd like to talk about things that haven't been added but were expected to be(I guess?:D)and have been thoroughly discussed before in many many suggestion threads created by other regular players over time.

First thing is spear shot requirement that is 200 spears you need to hit animals with. Well to put it simply it really is a lot and it really doesn't seem to fit the general game pace and seems considerably longer to get than other optional abilities and tactics surrounding them(I may talk weird but to get a broken scarecrow you need 3 "runs" with all plants that you can get from a warehouse while with spear shot you need up to 4 runs and given that more people will decide to hunt now it's gonna be cancerous, both for werewolf and villagers) For me it'd seem fitting if requirement was lowered to 150~spears(no less really otherwise people might be getting that too fast and that could result with other undesired outcomes) It could be 175 too actually, just number of 200 seems little too much.

Second thing is a shield..we don't really need that and frankly speaking removing it would erase a possibility of games taking 2 or even 3 bloody hours sometimes. That or just delete winter owl, that item is gamebreaking and personally I grow tired of walling up the altar everytime someone decides to abuse it.

Third thing concerns the votes that were supposed to happen regarding whether players want to play as werewolf and whether they wish for zombies to be in game.
Well, I don't really remember now if that was supposed to appear in version 1.28 or this one or any other, but I think these are the ideas that vast majority agreed upon and I felt like I should mention it in here as well.

Lastly..because you changed horn of valhalla and trebuchet positions in crafting menu, I keep crafting trebuchets by accident please revert it q_q xD(this one is most importnat!!!1)

Storm with you!

Cheers :D

PS: some folks already posted bugs occuring in this version so I will just skip them here

Oh yeah, one time I got that message that I can't drink anymore coffee even tho I didnt even brew anything so that was weird but perhaps it could hint you something dunno \o/
KidsEatFree

Re: Stormblessed's thoughts about 1.27.02

Postby KidsEatFree » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:39 am

I remember that game. I believe the message showed up for everyone after Infos reached his brewing cap.
Jesse James

Postby Jesse James » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:54 pm

Thanks for commenting! 1.27.02 was released to address some of the more severe problems while we continue working on 1.28.01. We want the game to be stable and balanced while we plug away at the changes for 1.28. It has been a while since we updated and we felt the community deserved some sign that we are still alive and kicking.

After the weekend of testing 1.27.02 we'll make the necessary changes for 1.27.03 to fix what we broke and break what we fixed. Just kidding. Probably...

1.27.03 will be a hotfix version for what gets reported. The more info the community can provide us the better we will be equipped to hammer out the defects. We appreciate what you've contributed so far and look forward to all the horrible exploits, bugs and imbalances you'll report to us later! 8)
Stormblessed

Postby Stormblessed » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:47 pm

//Update

Another thing is that 2nd level of the ability acute senses for werewolf costs 400 mana points..(that's when I realised lol) while werewolf's mana bar is stuck at...325! The exact same number you begin with meaning werewolf mana stat doesn't increase as you level up.

The other shocking thing is that prowl requires..merely 5 mana points instead of 125(wtf!!! :D) infinite prowl wololo
SarKonTaLk

Postby SarKonTaLk » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:33 pm

Compared to the previous version, Prowl has bigger cooldown now. So its not a big deal now to let it be cheap to use.
Jesse James

Postby Jesse James » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:53 pm

I believe we messed with ability attributes in this version and didn't account for the werewolves abilities costing so much mana this will definitely have to reflect on the werewolves lvl up rewards and starting mana pool with the next update.