Pointless Knights

Discuss Werewolf - Transylvania strategy, map and more.
dudlan66

Pointless Knights

Postby dudlan66 » Sun May 28, 2017 10:32 am

Hey there

I have recently played a game and realised how imbalanced some units are, I already knew that combination of musketeers + soldiers =best fighting force .

http://bot.vofpro.com/replay/2017-05-27 ... layers.w3g

However, I would like to point out how useless knights in this games really are... I mean you may as well delete them from game what's so ever . If you watch my replay you will see what I mean. It's just sad to watch that one army can defeat five armies at once ,it's so unfair and I felt bad myself as I wasn't cheating or anything but I felt bad for new players playing this game.

First battle 2 armies against 1 let's say that was ok as it was near bridge and there was short space but other battles in open space were just a joke.

I think there should be introduction of one more unit to counter this combo of soldier+ musketeer otherwise there is no point having knights as they don't offer any benefit apart from being fastest units. Something like mortar team extremely fragile to knights and musketeers but effective against footmen. This way players would chose variety of different units and it would make more sense .
Please follow and support us on
www.footballhed.com
Razvan

Re: Pointless Knights

Postby Razvan » Sun May 28, 2017 11:10 pm

Yo dudlan, play a single game and put 1 knight vs 1 soldier.. you will be surprised :)) and everything full upgrated, even hp for knights
Jesse James

Postby Jesse James » Tue May 30, 2017 12:06 am

The knights have received some love in the next version. They will be more proficient but I expect most people will continue to spam ranged with a meat shield as it is the easiest thing to do. Even if it is not the best thing to do. This, I think, can't be helped without making the knight so strong that no other unit is worthwhile.
polo5315

Postby polo5315 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:33 am

I think yes, knight is kind of pointless at this map. it is expensive to produce and upgrade.
Pwnage

Postby Pwnage » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:20 pm

polo5315 wrote:I think yes, knight is kind of pointless at this map. it is expensive to produce and upgrade.

The combat triangle makes it difficult to objectively label a corner "pointless." If anything, knights are incredibly situational. They're less ideal for penetrating a base than soldiers, and obviously worse at long distance harassment compared to the ranged class, but they're incredibly quick and well suited at:
1) Decimating incoming enemy soldiers (best defense is a good offense)
2) Catching up to escaping enemies & path blocking

I agree that their place is significantly less defined, but they are certainly not pointless.
Pwnage.@USEast