Noob period should be extended (My suggestion)

Discuss Werewolf - Transylvania strategy, map and more.
dudlan66

Noob period should be extended (My suggestion)

Postby dudlan66 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:42 pm

I am sure many will agree with me on this ,I am sick of games where after 30 mins of playing noob werewolf dies to trees or raiders . Might as well play game with NPC and it would be more fun....

Many people spend 30 mins- 1 hour of their valuable time putting effort building their bases just to find out werewolf was retard and died to treees...
Buildings and everything in this game take long time, even upgrades ... So majority of games will take at least 30 mins even if ww is noob

Unfortunately 70% of games are like this and I wonder why we don't have a vote. If people want continue to play. What was the point of me building army for werewolf that was level 4 the whole game? I think if there was an extension to noob period to 6-10 nights it would work ( 1 night is not enough I am sorry, but it's not)

If people don't want to play anymore then they could just vote against it and decide whether game was long enough already. out of 100 games players voted yes 98 times when ww died first night which also suggest that most people prefer longer games.
Please follow and support us on
www.footballhed.com
Razvan

Re: Noob period should be extended (My suggestion)

Postby Razvan » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:24 pm

Werewolf 7/8 Dudlan66 BANNED!!!!!
Razvan

Postby Razvan » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:29 pm

Well dudlan, from your point of view is kinda nasty, but this game has only one werewolf. Let`s say that werewolf isnt a noob guy, but anyway he is killed by other pro player after x period of time. Well how do you feel then? It`s the same situation as your write above. Spend x time to build base army etc. but you are not the guy who kill werewolf. Maybe in the future we`ll have a map with 10 villagers and 2 werewolfs :))
Stormblessed

Postby Stormblessed » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:06 pm

Razvan, I have no clue what you are up to buddy but w/e

Yeah, currently it's a common privilege to pull a vote on weak werewolf and simply kick him out but no one really does that. People are not easy to kick others(why would they?).
Sometimes there is this annoying situation where some guy been afk whole game and happened to be werewolf level 7 after 6-7 nights or possibly one guy just trolls and wanders the map cluelessly as werewolf.

Maybe it could be possible to increase grace period lil bit or actually what would prove better to not set it in particular time scope but there could be a vote happening regardless of time passed after werewolf dies)once.

Players could decide then whether their gaming experience was..satisfying enough. Plus time they put into maintaining their economies was worth it lol =))
dudlan66

Postby dudlan66 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:34 am

Razvan wrote:Well dudlan, from your point of view is kinda nasty, but this game has only one werewolf. Let`s say that werewolf isnt a noob guy, but anyway he is killed by other pro player after x period of time. Well how do you feel then? It`s the same situation as your write above. Spend x time to build base army etc. but you are not the guy who kill werewolf. Maybe in the future we`ll have a map with 10 villagers and 2 werewolfs :))

Yes I get what you mean but I think if grace period was increased as it could sort many problems. I am personally not bothered about killing werewolf first ,the problem however is that when noob werewolf dies many will rage against this person , which will likely to put him/her off for next game as werewolf . :roll:
www.footballhed.com
Jesse James

Postby Jesse James » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:03 pm

I do believe we are trying to implement a solution to this problem in the form of increasing the chances of veteran players being werewolf. If the new players are not chosen as wolf it will help with this problem considerably without making an awkwardly long safety net for all players.
dudlan66

Postby dudlan66 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:39 am

Jesse James wrote:I do believe we are trying to implement a solution to this problem in the form of increasing the chances of veteran players being werewolf. If the new players are not chosen as wolf it will help with this problem considerably without making an awkwardly long safety net for all players.

Yes but this would probably work only on 1 bot would not necessarily solve the issue. I think if there was a compromise to extend noob period to 3rd day ?
www.footballhed.com
Jesse James

Postby Jesse James » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:36 pm

I'm not sure that extending the safety net would make the game any more enjoyable. If a new player is wolf no amount of safety net can change his ability to play. You would simply be extending the duration of a game that will have the undesirable result you're trying to avoid. We can't make a player skillful but we can reduce the chance of an unskilled player becoming werewolf. How? The proposed method is to implement a vote for each player at the beginning of the game.

Would you like to be the werewolf?
Yes
No

The werewolf is currently drawn from a pool that is populated with every non-computer non-empty player slot. This new method would populate the pool only with those who voted yes. This would increase the probability that the werewolf A. wants to be the WW and B. the player is knowledgeable enough about the game to play the werewolf. There are a few caveats here. First, if everyone votes no, the default "Add everyone" module will be applied. Second, the default option will be "No" so that new players who fail to make their vote in the specified amount of time will not be included in the pool. We assume that new players will not know how to vote and a non-vote will be applied as if the player is new.

Is this system fallible? Absolutely. New players may choose to be werewolf regardless of their skill level. Trolls might choose to be werewolf and make a mess of the game. However, these are already possibilities and with hope this new system will reduce the probability of those possibilities.

With FBot there may or may not be an additional measure that calculates a players record and increases the probability of players with a history of winning to be chosen as the werewolf.
dudlan66

Postby dudlan66 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:49 pm

Jesse James wrote:I'm not sure that extending the safety net would make the game any more enjoyable. If a new player is wolf no amount of safety net can change his ability to play. You would simply be extending the duration of a game that will have the undesirable result you're trying to avoid. We can't make a player skillful but we can reduce the chance of an unskilled player becoming werewolf. How? The proposed method is to implement a vote for each player at the beginning of the game.

Yes
No

The werewolf is currently drawn from a pool that is populated with every non-computer non-empty player slot. This new method would populate the pool only with those who voted yes. This would increase the probability that the werewolf A. wants to be the WW and B. the player is knowledgeable enough about the game to play the werewolf. There are a few caveats here. First, if everyone votes no, the default "Add everyone" module will be applied. Second, the default option will be "No" so that new players who fail to make their vote in the specified amount of time will not be included in the pool. We assume that new players will not know how to vote and a non-vote will be applied as if the player is new.

Is this system fallible? Absolutely. New players may choose to be werewolf regardless of their skill level. Trolls might choose to be werewolf and make a mess of the game. However, these are already possibilities and with hope this new system will reduce the probability of those possibilities.

With FBot there may or may not be an additional measure that calculates a players record and increases the probability of players with a history of winning to be chosen as the werewolf.

I think this is good idea, but what about implementing feature such as; do you want to be werewolf? Yes No , Next question How many games have you played? less than 10 , more than 10.
So if somebody chosen they played less than 10 but want to be werewolf the chance to become werewolf could decrease? Like 5 % chance to become ww?
www.footballhed.com
Jesse James

Postby Jesse James » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:15 pm

dudlan66 wrote:
Jesse James wrote:I'm not sure that extending the safety net would make the game any more enjoyable. If a new player is wolf no amount of safety net can change his ability to play. You would simply be extending the duration of a game that will have the undesirable result you're trying to avoid. We can't make a player skillful but we can reduce the chance of an unskilled player becoming werewolf. How? The proposed method is to implement a vote for each player at the beginning of the game.

Yes
No

I think this is good idea, but what about implementing feature such as; do you want to be werewolf? Yes No , Next question How many games have you played? less than 10 , more than 10.
So if somebody chosen they played less than 10 but want to be werewolf the chance to become werewolf could decrease? Like 5 % chance to become ww?

Great suggestion. Something we should definitely explore if the first implementation is well received by the community. With big game changes like this I find it is best to take baby steps and slowly introduce more features as we update. 8)