Disconnects' problem

Discuss Werewolf - Transylvania strategy, map and more.
Astrozavr

Disconnects' problem

Postby Astrozavr » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:40 pm

Sometimes I face with a problem of inexplicable disconnects which happen when a game has been finished. "you were disconnected " message apears on my screen and past game's stat is not accounted. It happens randomly and with many other players too. In this situation we can see white coloured nicknames of players istead of usual green/red on Fbot page in link "past games". Very annoying thing. How to correct this problem?
example : http://falanor.dlinkddns.com:83/replay/ ... layers.w3g
Ruoska

Re: Disconnects' problem

Postby Ruoska » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:39 pm

Astrozavr wrote:Sometimes I face with a problem of inexplicable disconnects which happen when a game has been finished. "you were disconnected " message apears on my screen and past game's stat is not accounted. It happens randomly and with many other players too. In this situation we can see white coloured nicknames of players istead of usual green/red on Fbot page in link "past games". Very annoying thing. How to correct this problem?

you can not really do anything, we all have the same problem, depends Bot, Internet connection ..
I had 5-6 games winnings as werewolf and to the end appears I had been disconnected ! Now more recently I receive disconnection in the middle of the game :) it's kind of weird
Falanor

Postby Falanor » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:15 am

Astrozavr wrote:Sometimes I face with a problem of inexplicable disconnects which happen when a game has been finished. "you were disconnected " message apears on my screen and past game's stat is not accounted. It happens randomly and with many other players too. In this situation we can see white coloured nicknames of players istead of usual green/red on Fbot page in link "past games". Very annoying thing. How to correct this problem?

If you see a game with all players white on the status page, that means it didn’t finish properly. Either desync occurred, or it was a game freeze. Unfortunately we can’t do much about desync since reasons behind it are still unknown and debugging is extremely slow and hard.
We can work with problem that can be repeated with certain condition, this way we find a reason and deal with it, here it looks like it depends on phase of the moon and zodiac sign of the player (sarcasm).
Such games are still added to your games/played hours counters on the stats.

If player’s name is gray, it means that a player was disconnected due to desync.
In this case thisgame still counts on played games counter and yet it adds all his play time of this game to the total hours played without any penalty (like he stayed the whole game – 100% stay).

There is a way to reduce a chance of getting desync though – restart your client after each custom game. It clears your game cache, corrupt part of which is causing this problem (or at least many – including myself – believe so).
CoreyKan

Postby CoreyKan » Tue May 02, 2017 5:36 am

Astrozdavr wrote:Sometimes I face with a problem of inexplicable disconnects which happen when a game has been finished. "you were disconnected " message apears on my screen and past game's stat is not accounted. It happens randomly and with many other trenorol reviews too. In this situation we can see white coloured nicknames of players istead of usual green/red on Fbot page in link "past games". Very annoying thing. How to correct this problem?

I agree it really sucks when you get disconnected. It's happened to me quite a bit lately.