Werewolf host

Discuss Werewolf - Transylvania strategy, map and more.
Eliphas

Werewolf host

Postby Eliphas » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:44 am

Hey. Played this map like.. 8 years ago. still pretty great. So I would like to help, while I can.
Would like to host server for this map.
I have one almost idle server at home. Also a white ip address and surely access to portforwarding.
Pretty litlle number of hops untill optical fiber backbone also.

More details(and iperf\ping\trace tests) in private message or email.(I know, you phpbb admins in some configurations can see it, so no posting here)

P.S. I'm glad you guys are still here in 2016.
Tonex

Re: Werewolf host

Postby Tonex » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:57 am

Anyone is free to host games if they want. You can find the generic software for automated hosting by Googling Ghost++, and you can ask Falanor if you want to implement any of the fancy stat tracking, etc. The only issue with redundant host bots is that players tend to try to fill up multiple game lobbies, making it harder to start games.
Jesse James

Postby Jesse James » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:30 pm

Tonex makes a good point about redundancy. I'd recommend you get involved in the Werewolf bot thread and connect with Falanor. He's the resident bot guru. You can view that thread here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=777
ITDude

Postby ITDude » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:29 am

I actually don't think redundancy is a bad thing, specially since I tend to have high latency to europe bots
:D