Werewolf Bot 24/7 on Bnet and Eurobattle

Discuss Werewolf - Transylvania strategy, map and more.
Tonex

Re: Werewolf Bot 24/7 on Bnet and Eurobattle

Postby Tonex » Sun May 01, 2016 8:21 am

Jesse James wrote:The info about why games end early is rather useful for us. Until now we've only been able to work on what players report and speculation.

We will have to start thinking about work-arounds for inexperienced players being wolf. There have been suggestions before and some of them might work.

This is exactly what I was thinking.

As for readable data, it would be useful to track something like the overall win/loss ratio between villagers and WW so we can balance better in the future. However, we should still focus on just releasing this current version first than adding more to it...
Falanor

Postby Falanor » Sun May 01, 2016 2:43 pm

Okay, I did some investigation and this is what I found out.
I wanted to get winner/looser by parsing the replay data and counting the quantity of those. If 1 player lost(or won) and all other won(or lost) it means that single one was the werewolf. But there is a big problem.
The flag that I was going to use is the "LeaveGame" flag. It can store one value for each player. Here is the list of possible values for it:
Spoiler
0x01 | player left (disconnected or saver is observer) [O]
0x07 | player left
0x08 | player lost (was completly erased)
0x09 | player won
0x0A | draw (long lasting tournament game)
0x0B | player left (was observer)

So, if a player leaves before the "you won/lost!" window appears (which most of players do), there is no way to find out if he actualy won or lost.

Yet i thought that i can use the message that is appeared when the endgame timer is started. "_playername_ was the werewolf blahblah...". But those messages are triggered in the map itself and are not transfered through the replay data (which is the only way to comminicate with the bot).

So, if we need to gather statistics, there is no other way but to implement some data sharing through the game (like that standart i linked before).
As I read its not that hard to do. You just import the library into the map, define the values that are being transfered and thats it.

As a result we can potentialy track anything really.

But even if you decide to not implement this system, you can do less elegant but more simple way: a chat message (by a random player or a computer if its possible) in the end of the game with a coded message for a bot (something like "dgESMgqu6T4xJ8bZQeG4"), which will tell who was the ww and maybe some ther data that we can use later.
Falanor

Postby Falanor » Tue May 03, 2016 3:37 pm

Added the status page and replay download. Information is in the first post.
Jesse James

Postby Jesse James » Tue May 03, 2016 7:10 pm

I'm more than willing to work to add data collection to the map but it will have to wait for the next version. We've already set ourselves back a few months from the intended release date because we continue to find things we want to change.

I plan to do the final beta test and release 1.26 this weekend.

We may need to do a hot fix version if there is an issue. Otherwise we can start working on implementing the library for 1.27 along with player suggestions and comments on the changes that took place in 1.26.

In the mean time we can start discussing what kind of data we would want/need to collect.

Win/Loss for individual players
Win/Loss for werewolves/humans for balancing purposes?
Falanor

Postby Falanor » Tue May 03, 2016 11:24 pm

The main thing to track are the win/loss values. As I mentioned before, there is no proper way to capture that from a replay data.
Other than that, potentially anything. Hero progress (leveling up speed, abilities he uses etc). This may help gather statistics for balancing.
For example:
If we record time, level and skill that a villager(or a wolf) is using, we can make a graph that can visually show us how balanced (or not), the professions are.
[spoiler=Something like this]Image[/spoiler]
The more statistics we gather, the more accurate will be the result.
And we are not gathering anything right now, which makes me a little sad.
bluewolves35

Postby bluewolves35 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:21 pm

Can we host a game by ourselves?? just in case we cant see the room that the bot was intented to create :mrgreen:
Falanor

Postby Falanor » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:46 pm

This bot makes autohosted games only. Some players have moderator access. It means that they can change name and use commands like !start and !abort.
You dont have to see the room, you can click "copy" button on the status page to copy the game and then paste it using Ctrl+V here:
If you want to make your own game, feel free to use makemehost. Keep in mind though that they host game on 2-3 official servers only unlike our bot that hosts on 4 servers (3 official and 1 unofficial).
Also playing on our bot helps us gather statistics and debug information which will improve map in future.
Falanor

Postby Falanor » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:55 pm

Added auto-rehosting feature to the bot. Now it will do an automatical !pub every 100 seconds with a new name.

Since battle.net sees it as a new game, there is a requirement for the name to be new each time. And an old name goes free in about 5-10 minutes usually, so the list of names should be pretty long.
Right now list looks like this:

Werewolf Transylvania!
    Werewolf Transylvania!!
    Werewolf! Join!
    Werewolf Trans
    Werewolf Trans!
    Werewolf Trans!!
    Werewolf Trans!!!
    Werewolf Trans! Come!
    Werewolf! Come fast!
    Werewolf!!
    Werewolf Transylvania
    Werewolf Transylvania!!!
    Werewolf Transylvania !
    Werewolf Transylvania !!
    Werewolf! It can be you!
    WW Transylvania
    WW Transylvania!
    WW Transylvania!!
    WW Trans! Come!
    WW Trans! Come!!
    WW Trans!! Come!!
    WW Trans!!! Come!
    WW Trans!! Come!
    WW Trans!! Come
    Werewolf!!! Join
    Werewolf Trans! Join!
    Werewolf! Who is it?"

Yet "X/8" is added to the end if there are more than 3 players in the lobby.
And " +X FH" is added if more than 5.

If game fails with auto-pub, it will automatically rehost as default name "Werewolf Transylvania #X".
SarKonTaLk

Postby SarKonTaLk » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:45 pm

I have a question. Where can I post replays with map hackers for ban on this bot? People using acorn bombs to team kill everyone at start are ruining the fun for other players. Here is one. In case its the wrong topic, please direct me to the proper one. Thanks. The dude name is NAGAS_FORSAKEN and he is team killing everyone from start using acorn bombs and thunderlizard diamond. You can clearly see how he goes straight from one villiger to another without even looking elsewhere. He changes his name to jamal in the game (original color red) Thank you.

Replay link: http://www.filedropper.com/nagasforsakenmaphacker
Falanor

Postby Falanor » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:58 pm

I've watched the replay. You are right, he was trying to ruin the game on purpose killing villagers during night, besides his behave shows quite obvious maphacking.
Thank you for reporting this! He has been permanently banned on our bot.
kanzer

Postby kanzer » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:19 am

server.eurobattle.net is not found bot?? :(
__________________________JUGADORES QUE HABLEN ESPAÑOL PUEDEN CONTACTARSE CONMIGO

_________________________________________________Image________________________
Falanor

Postby Falanor » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:59 am

Whoops, I forgot to activate the account, thank you for telling! It has to be reactivated every 30 days.
Everything should be good now.
StrelokNPP

Postby StrelokNPP » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:03 am

Falanor wrote:I've watched the replay. You are right, he was trying to ruin the game on purpose killing villagers during night, besides his behave shows quite obvious maphacking.

Hi, I have a question.

Is there stated anywhere specifically in rules that a player can not use strategy which he sees fit such as acorn bombing or diamond as mentioned in the example above? Because if such rule does not exist, how come there's a big deal about it? Surely I understand that in this specific case person involved also used map hack which is bannable but you seem to have put big emphasis on his gameplay. (acorn bombing)

It's a viable strategy, since it is enabled ingame and the game does not force you to ally with anyone but gives you choice of doing so or not. So if my choice is to acorn bomb everybody - where does it say that I can't do that? Map creator can easily remove such things from the map - if he wanted to.

So if you're telling me that I can't use a viable strategy because it will hurt somebody's feelings that's a bit concerning, why would I want to play a map on which I can't use strategy I want to because somebody is butthurt?

Naturally, to join every game and rush acorn bombs would be tedious but the point is, if somebody finds it a viable strategy others should learn to deal with it.I suggest that people step up their game and go mine that shield instead of crying on the forums every time someone bombs them.
Tonex

Postby Tonex » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:42 am

StrelokNPP wrote:
Falanor wrote:I've watched the replay. You are right, he was trying to ruin the game on purpose killing villagers during night, besides his behave shows quite obvious maphacking.

Hi, I have a question.

Is there stated anywhere specifically in rules that a player can not use strategy which he sees fit such as acorn bombing or diamond as mentioned in the example above? Because if such rule does not exist, how come there's a big deal about it? Surely I understand that in this specific case person involved also used map hack which is bannable but you seem to have put big emphasis on his gameplay. (acorn bombing)

It's a viable strategy, since it is enabled ingame and the game does not force you to ally with anyone but gives you choice of doing so or not. So if my choice is to acorn bomb everybody - where does it say that I can't do that? Map creator can easily remove such things from the map - if he wanted to.

So if you're telling me that I can't use a viable strategy because it will hurt somebody's feelings that's a bit concerning, why would I want to play a map on which I can't use strategy I want to because somebody is butthurt?

Naturally, to join every game and rush acorn bombs would be tedious but the point is, if somebody finds it a viable strategy others should learn to deal with it.I suggest that people step up their game and go mine that shield instead of crying on the forums every time someone bombs them.

This is something we're currently discussing.
Falanor

Postby Falanor » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:43 am

Greetings and welcome to the forums!

Our bot rules were listed here: http://forums.vofpro.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=806
Yet we had an announce message in game telling that this kind of behave may be bannable. We have changed our politics since that time. No one is banned for that anymore. If it’s possible by game mechanics then it is allowed.

Acorn bombs are overpowered and Jesse admitted that here http://forums.vofpro.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=799, so it was kind of temporally solution since we are not doing any “hotfixes” (unless it’s a beta test) and I wanted to prevent people from overusing OP things.

You may play any style of gameplay now, there is no chance for you to get banned for that anymore, don’t worry.

As Tonex said, we are currently discussing ways to improve our bot and its rules. We would like to automate players control over the game, bot has !votekick feature already, maybe we will add something else as well to give people more control.
But no matter what we decide, if players have chances to be punished for something, we will announce it both in game and on forums.