Switching Platforms

Discuss Werewolf - Transylvania strategy, map and more.
Pwnage

Switching Platforms

Postby Pwnage » Wed May 15, 2013 2:26 pm

I know we've had some discussions about WWT the indie game, however, I think it would be wise to forward WWT to Minecraft to gain some initial attention. I know somebody (I believe B2) mentioned this in the past, but I'm not sure how far this project was worked on (if it was at all). If this sounds like something that interests anybody of importance, we can do a collaboration. I'm fairly skilled in constructing Minecraft maps/game types. I've forwarded a few games over to Minecraft already but nothing as intense as WWT. I have some friends that would be able to assist with the modding and I think it would be an excellent thing to look into, Jesse, if you haven't already. If the game was constructed correctly, I know some very influential people who run Minecraft servers, are semi-popular YouTubers, and have dedicated fans that would be willing to spread the word.

I know that there has been a lot of discussion between a few of us on what the future of WWT would look like. If we wanted to truly delineate from the RTS gametype, Minecraft would be a very good medium for us to use. I have some ideas about this change, but I would love to hear what the rest of you guys think about how we would make the change. I know some of the things we talked about were the armies/buildings and what not, for instance. Also, Jesse, Minecraft is very good at implementing fear in users. Tons of adventure maps exist solely with the intent to scare the audience. Since I know you wanted WWT to be more of a fear based game, Minecraft would be able to deliver your message very clearly and effectively.

Let's brainstorm our ideas about advancements of WWT; whether switching to a new platform or going to an indie game, we need to brainstorm a lot more.
Pwnage.@USEast
Michael

Switching Platforms

Postby Michael » Wed May 15, 2013 4:13 pm

That would be pretty cool. I know I'd play it :D
Tonex

Switching Platforms

Postby Tonex » Wed May 15, 2013 4:40 pm

I'm sorry, but I won't be able to help, as I randomly hate Minecraft for some inconceivable reason.
Pwnage

Switching Platforms

Postby Pwnage » Wed May 15, 2013 6:20 pm

Tonex wrote:I'm sorry, but I won't be able to help, as I randomly hate Minecraft for some inconceivable reason.
???? How does one hate Minecraft?
Pwnage.@USEast
Tonex

Switching Platforms

Postby Tonex » Wed May 15, 2013 6:49 pm

inconceivable
Pwnage

Switching Platforms

Postby Pwnage » Wed May 15, 2013 9:52 pm

There's a high chance you may have a brain tumor.
Pwnage.@USEast
Tonex

Switching Platforms

Postby Tonex » Wed May 15, 2013 11:55 pm

It's between my right occipital and temporal lobes. About the size of a nickel.
Luff

Switching Platforms

Postby Luff » Thu May 16, 2013 12:20 am

I got bored of minecraft long ago.
Jesse James

Switching Platforms

Postby Jesse James » Thu May 16, 2013 12:39 am

I really don't see minecraft as a worthwhile platform... It would require a ton of work for something that ultimately would look as cheap as any other minecraft variation.
Pwnage

Switching Platforms

Postby Pwnage » Thu May 16, 2013 2:32 pm

People have made good use of graphic mods and high resolution skin packs. You'd be surprised at beautiful the game can look.
Last edited by Pwnage on Thu May 16, 2013 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pwnage.@USEast
Tonex

Switching Platforms

Postby Tonex » Thu May 16, 2013 2:34 pm

But they're still cubes :O
Pwnage

Switching Platforms

Postby Pwnage » Thu May 16, 2013 2:39 pm

Minecraft has a very basic beauty even without any mods. I can understand how people can dislike it, but I can't believe that the simplicity could deter people away. Minecraft just happens to be a cube world. Even in high-res, yes, it's cubical but that's what makes Minecraft Minecraft. As far as putting work into it, the time spent might be lengthy but it would be completely free to create (after the game is purchased). Like I said, it would just be a transitioning step to gain some attention through a popular game medium. It would be incredibly difficult for WWT the indie game to obtain a fanbase from absolutely nothing other than the WC3 fans. I know tons of people that promote Minecraft maps, modes, unique games and mods, but I don't know many people that promote indie games that have the intention of turning a profit.
Last edited by Pwnage on Thu May 16, 2013 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pwnage.@USEast
Tonex

Switching Platforms

Postby Tonex » Thu May 16, 2013 2:43 pm

inconceivable reason

Just so happens that I'm not a fan of Picasso, unlike you apparently.
Pwnage

Switching Platforms

Postby Pwnage » Thu May 16, 2013 2:45 pm

Oh, I hate Picasso. Minecraft just appeals to me. You can literally do anything you want in that game. It's incredibly addictive and fun. I was a skeptic at first but I was easily converted after I played it for a bit.
Pwnage.@USEast
Tonex

Switching Platforms

Postby Tonex » Thu May 16, 2013 2:48 pm

You can do literally whatever you want in C. Or raw machine code.