Post-Patch Current Meta

Discuss Werewolf - Transylvania strategy, map and more.
KidsEatFree

Post-Patch Current Meta

Postby KidsEatFree » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:12 pm

Pawnage and Team

I love the ghoul bug being fixed and I haven't seen any problems much since. However, as somebody that prefers playing as Werewolf I think Werewolf might be a bit overtuned right now. I know this will have to be monitered a bit but basically it comes down to before i'd be lucky as wolf if my food cap reached around 250 by the time I was lvl 25 wolf if that. I'm currently reaching 300+ food cap as wolf by night 3 which means a lot more ghouls on the map. As a result I don't need to really catch the villager like before, I just have to kite him into my ghoul horde.

I ask before any changes are made if we see if theirs an emerging meta that comes out of this, but right now Wolf owns the night, as wolf should, but i'm not sure if its too much.
Last edited by KidsEatFree on Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pwnage

Re: Post-Patch Problems

Postby Pwnage » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:20 am

Thank you for the feedback. You're right, we'll continue to monitor gameplay now that everything is operating smoothly and make changed accordingly. I'm a big proponent of the wolf being incredibly powerful at night, but wouldn't want things to be too broken. Keep us updated!

For future posts of this nature, post in the Werewolf - Transylvania subforum, since this doesn't suggest any one thing in particular ;)
Pwnage.@USEast
KidsEatFree

Re: Post-Patch Current Meta

Postby KidsEatFree » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:33 pm

As of 8/11/2017 here are my thoughts.

*The night currently belongs to wolf, by night 4-5 Werewolf should have around 500 minions making it near impossible for even high level villagers to travel safety. (Minus command latency for Werewolf player because of the sheer amount of minions)
*I've seen a decrease in team killing, an increase in communication between players, and players taking a more active role in finding out who the werewolf is, and working with players they know are not wolf.
Pwnage

Postby Pwnage » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:59 pm

Thank you for your observations! I played a game as werewolf in a FH, but didn't have anywhere near that minion count by night 4 or 5. Granted, I was focused specifically on killing villagers and juicy zombies.

Have you seen any shift in profession prioritization? (Excluding mining of course which may receive some minor rethinking due to its potency and ease of monopolization)
Pwnage.@USEast
KidsEatFree

Postby KidsEatFree » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:33 am

Hunting appears to still be the go to profession at least for the more skilled players though I am seeing more farming from the more casual players.