Werewolf FAQ!

Discuss Werewolf - Transylvania strategy, map and more.
Gloomfrost

Werewolf FAQ!

Postby Gloomfrost » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:10 am

Okay so I've been seeing common questions being posed, so I thought I would address them in a simple FAQ on these forums.
Mods feel free to add more.

#1. Q: I have to press "A" to attack animals with Werewolf as all the animals appear neutral to me.

A: You have to remember that the Werewolf you're controlling does not actually belong to you, but to Player 12 (Brown). When YOU see the animals, they MAY in fact appear neutral to you, but to the Werewolf (Brown), they may actually be enemies. Except for the first time, right-clicking should work attacking animals with wolf.

#2. Q: What's up with RISK doing nothing including freezing me when I use it sometimes? I still get a cooldown!

A: You're using it on an illusion. This is a way for me to make sure the game doesn't bug when RISK works on an illusion. Consider yourself helped by it as you don't freeze and/or don't waste a good RISK if it actually worked.

#3. Q: Okay so I planted a crop when it was snowing, the red X appeared under my crop. Within like 5 seconds, it switched to heavy rain. There is still a red X under my crop, so why is it still growing slow?

A: It's not. That little red X or Green Boost underneath your crops is just a little visual enhancement and indicator of the current weather when you planted it. The actual SPEED of growth is dependent DIRECTLY on the weather, so even if it appears with a red X, it actually is growing at the speed it would be if it was Green.

#4. Q: The trees in the cave can get used up when I try and set up my lumber base in Mordor, wtf?

A: The trees in the cave aren't intended as a permanent wood source. They give (I believe 500) lumber before being "used up" and crashing to the floor. They were originally put in as decorations, when I decided to leave them in as a temporary wood source.

#5. Q: I can't upgrade my Tent to Farm/Farm to Plantation, I have no one loaded, what gives?

A: Make sure you have all the required tech to upgrade. If you ever loaded anyone in your tent, it won't allow you to upgrade until you specifically use the Farm's ability 'Unload All'. Once you click that button, the upgrade should become available. P.S: It literally says that in Red in the tool-tip for the Upgrades!

#6. Q: What does the Easter egg 'Skull' (of Saemon Havarian) really do?

A: +2 Regen. while carried..

#7. Q: Why is there a giant raccoon that keeps killing me?

A: This is Rocky. Rocky is a kind soul, but you should take caution that your villager is strong enough to survive him before attempting to kill him.

#8. Q: It's raining AND snowing.. what gives?

A: This is a natural occurrence when the atmosphere of the Earth is much colder in temperature than at ground level. You are seeing the sort-of-equivalent of Hail. Your plants should be growing negative, however your Winter's Kiss should be growing positive as it would in Real life because the weather at this time would be cold. Really, it IS a glitch, but it's not something I would want to fix, as it really gets people's attention and makes people stop their boring fishing lives and look. :P

#9. Q: How come Gargoyles can't really 'fly'? (Go over units/trees)

A: Because if they were technically 'flying', no units could really attack them, and a zombie shade could not possess them. The fact that they are technically 'ground' units is just to avoid bugs, and make it easier for them to be dealt with when they over-run the castle! :)

#10. Q: I'm a zombie and I just killed an animal that I 'infected', BUT, it popped up and spawned on the other side of the map!? Rabbits cannot fly, what gives?

A: Well my friend, not to worry, I can assure you that rabbits don't fly. Don't be afraid, what you are experiencing is the Relocation-of-Animals Trigger working on your zombie animal. What is the Relocation trigger? It's the one that doesn't allow random animals to spawn INSIDE your base (or within 400 of any of your buildings to be more exact), and destroy you (especially if it's a bear). That is also why you sometimes will see an animal pop up in your base, then disappear, it's because it got teleported elsewhere to the map where it would be much more comfortable to exist. :)
It should be noted that this may or may not be fixed in future versions.

#11. Q: I'll add more questions as I see them. . .

A: Answer goes in here.

Hope that helps you confused people out there!

~Gloom
Last edited by Gloomfrost on Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hanzo_Hattori

Werewolf FAQ!

Postby Hanzo_Hattori » Mon May 17, 2010 6:01 am

Hey guys , i hear that are a "Vampire" in the game , but you must use a certain items and place to "Resurrect" him .

The questions are :

1) Really Exist that "Vampire"?

Because , i dont wanna play for hours and , the "vampire" does exists!

Thanks a lot for the answers :)
Insomnia

Werewolf FAQ!

Postby Insomnia » Mon May 17, 2010 3:35 pm

Hanzo_Hattori wrote:1) Really Exist that "Vampire"?
ill translate this into "Does the vampire really exist?"
and answer is no.
zetapulse

Werewolf FAQ!

Postby zetapulse » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:27 am

I'm surprised that this isn't frequently asked since fishing is quite the career in this game.

How exactly do you use the fish enclosure? I'll reiterate my process (in 1.20b) so you can tell me whats wrong:

1) Build Fish Enclosure in water.
2) Fish like crazy until I have 4 stacks of 3 aquatic creatures (e.g.: 3 King Crabs, 3 Giant Squids, 3 Giant Squids, 3 Large Isopods).
3) Put these in Fish Enclosure (thereby filling the enclosure as the item description said) & wait for a day.

I once waited for 3 days and NOTHING changed :/

EDIT: If my data-mining is not mistaken, what I SHOULD do is put ONLY 1 stack of fish in the Fish Enclosure (e.g.: 1 stack of 3 Giant Squids)? If this is true, then you really oughta clarify the tooltip description.

Re-Edit: I tried exactly what I mentioned in the edit above (stack of 3 Giant Squids). Didn't do anything after to day-night revolutions.
Last edited by zetapulse on Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luff

Werewolf FAQ!

Postby Luff » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:20 am

I was wondering the same too.
Axeldenstore

Werewolf FAQ!

Postby Axeldenstore » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:21 am

u can max have 3 guys in fish enclosure at the same time so put 1 king crab 1 giant squid and 1 isopod in the fish enclosure and it should work.
Antiseen

Werewolf FAQ!

Postby Antiseen » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:09 pm

They grow the stacks of fish in the fish enclosure so if you put 3 the stack is maxed therefore will not grow more fish. Put only stacks of 1 in it
zetapulse

Werewolf FAQ!

Postby zetapulse » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:21 pm

Ah ic, thx Antiseen.

On topic, is there any way to split a stack of items? I haven't seen that in Warcraft before so I'm guessing the answer is no.
duckne55

Werewolf FAQ!

Postby duckne55 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:13 am

zetapulse wrote:Ah ic, thx Antiseen.

On topic, is there any way to split a stack of items? I haven't seen that in Warcraft before so I'm guessing the answer is no.
yes there are triggers to let you do so.
zetapulse

Werewolf FAQ!

Postby zetapulse » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:12 pm

duckne55 wrote:
zetapulse wrote:Ah ic, thx Antiseen.

yes there are triggers to let you do so.
Can you not just say "Yes you can" without elaborating?

Please tell me what you mean by these triggers & how to trigger them.
Lasushi

Werewolf FAQ!

Postby Lasushi » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:59 pm

Triggers are a part of the programming/editing process of a map. You can't trigger them, they have to be added into the map and it has to then be released. As far as I know, there is no way of splitting stacks of items in Werewolf.
duckne55

Werewolf FAQ!

Postby duckne55 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:02 am

Lasushi wrote:Triggers are a part of the programming/editing process of a map. You can't trigger them, they have to be added into the map and it has to then be released. As far as I know, there is no way of splitting stacks of items in Werewolf.
yes you can, you totally can.
wc3c.net is down, gimmie a while to find it on thehelper or thehive

EDIT: here http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/easy-item-stack-n-split-v1-5-a-153287/
EDIT2: heres a better one in vJASS with more options http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/bag-system-advanced-item-handling-system-133050/
Last edited by duckne55 on Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fanaman

Werewolf FAQ!

Postby Fanaman » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:51 am

Hi guys! im like to know what to do "Necromancer" ?
Luff

Werewolf FAQ!

Postby Luff » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:46 am

Lowut
Tonex

Werewolf FAQ!

Postby Tonex » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:19 pm

Wow that was totally random. The grammar is so bad I have no idea what it means.