Gloom Post your LoaP?

This is a forum where you can ask our code monkeys for assistance. Questions on technical help belong here.
B2zeldafreak

Gloom Post your LoaP?

Postby B2zeldafreak » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:55 pm

Do it!
Slayer4000X2008

Gloom Post your LoaP?

Postby Slayer4000X2008 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:05 pm

Ya do it.

And teach me how to play cause I can never figure out LoaP
Insomnia

Gloom Post your LoaP?

Postby Insomnia » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:17 pm

yea would like to see this map that we have all heard about
Gloomfrost

Gloom Post your LoaP?

Postby Gloomfrost » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:07 am

Ughhh no, it's SO old and outdated, I decided to remake a massive revamp of it for a reason. I protected the Alpha version of the new one and attached it as well for you guys cause I'm nice. The 8.5F was my final.

I've also attached another 2 of my not-so-famous maps that you guys can try and play, one is actually really fun: LaZer Tag Gold 2.2, and also Attack or Defend which I made in like a day - it was a map that I helped my friend make, and then I polished it up a bit.

P.S: The newer LoaP: Project Evil is 100x better than 8.5F, but I do not know how stable it is =\
It's in Alpha stages so play at your own risk.

Enjoy,
~Gloom

P.P.S: If you want to host these online, I ask kindly that you replace each '_' (underscore (lol not a face!)) with a SPACE (' '), that way people may actually have these maps. Don't use the Underscores that are automatically put into files when you upload them to the forum.

Attachments:
Last edited by Gloomfrost on Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Insomnia

Gloom Post your LoaP?

Postby Insomnia » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:23 am

will do the underscore thing and put em on the bot for admins to see.
Insomnia

Gloom Post your LoaP?

Postby Insomnia » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:20 pm

gloom, your loap cant be hosted.
we tryed to host it just now and wont let anyone join.

guessing you made it back in 1.23 with jass or what ever ti called
Gloomfrost

Gloom Post your LoaP?

Postby Gloomfrost » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:17 pm

Cool. Don't give a sh** loL :P

I'm trying to get my friend to get back to work on Project Rebirth, you guys will see that when the time is right ;)

~Gloom
eleteguard

Gloom Post your LoaP?

Postby eleteguard » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:40 pm

If the map isn't working wouldn't that mean it was edited with v-jass not jass...?
Gloomfrost

Gloom Post your LoaP?

Postby Gloomfrost » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:56 pm

I dunno I don't care about 8.5F even though it was sort of my fame map, it was also the map that started Clan Hive and got me all my followers.

Now with Werewolf however, that awesome LoaP Community got replaced by the awesome Werewolf community so I don't really care :P

I promised myself that I'd finish Project Rebirth as well as to other people, so hopefully one day I'll finish it.

~Gloom
Romek

Gloom Post your LoaP?

Postby Romek » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:03 am

> If the map isn't working wouldn't that mean it was edited with v-jass not jass...?
There's no link between maps not working, and maps using vJass instead of JASS.
vJass is compiled to normal JASS anyway when the map is saved, so it only matters when you're editing.

The map most likely uses the return bug. Most JASS systems use it, and there's a high chance of even GUI maps of containing it somewhere within the map.
It's unfortunate that Blizzard resorted to such an extreme fix to the bytecode execution problem.
Jonh

Gloom Post your LoaP?

Postby Jonh » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:52 pm

Why don't you create the first REAL life of a peasant , you know , a map where ppl live as a peasant . U could even use the WWT stuff (map , crops system , fishing , mercantile , ... ) and create more suff , like a city around the castle ( something like Ogrimmar ) , invasions , army , and even more real stuff . Create the first loap without police , mafia and Drug dealer .

I have more stuff in my mind but i'll post as soon as i get some replies to keep this as a small post.

Hope u guys like the ideia .
Last edited by Jonh on Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Insomnia

Gloom Post your LoaP?

Postby Insomnia » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:04 pm

i dont thnk gloom cares about his LoaP map anymore tbh
i might be wrong but thats just what i think
Jonh

Gloom Post your LoaP?

Postby Jonh » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:57 pm

But he has the ability and resources to create the first Life of a peasant and the best Loap ever ( i DO know that Loap = life of a peasant )
Slayer4000X2008

Gloom Post your LoaP?

Postby Slayer4000X2008 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:38 am

If yo have WC3 then you have the resources. All you need is World Editor and that comes with WC3, just look for it in the WC3 folder it should be there.
Gloomfrost

Gloom Post your LoaP?

Postby Gloomfrost » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:49 pm

Lol@Slayer.

And yes, Insomnia is correct. Not only do I not care anymore for my LoaP, I also don't really have time for WC3... It's a 7 year old game now, it's time to move on. I'm going to keep Clan Hive, and keep coming to these forums until Starcraft II, at which point if it's amazing, I am going to switch to it completely. Currently I just beat Dragon Age, and am now playing L4D2 as well as going to get Batman: Arkham Asylum!

P.S: @Jonh; a) I think you misspelled your name? :S lol if you PM me I can do a name change for you. and b) It's been done. Not only is LoaP one of the oldest series, but it's also the most varied, I've seen a 'Real Life Loap', where it's exactly as you've described. But no, I've spent over 3-4 years making my LoaP, I'm definitely bored of that series now :P if you want I can send you an Unprot version of my recent Alpha of Project Rebirth. Anyone who knows how to map-make really well, and knows 8.5F thoroughly will be amazed by it, and will probably release the best loap ever if they ever complete it :(

~Gloom