New Map?!

This is a forum where you can ask our code monkeys for assistance. Questions on technical help belong here.
Mirgil

New Map?!

Postby Mirgil » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:10 pm

Now before you say, oh mirgil...this is gonna discontinue in about a week. Please listen im serious this time! :D Now ive begun creating a map based on these Islands that a human empire has gone to take over but the find no one there. Now im gonna have the humans base in a old troll camp, they dont know its troll...and then the trolls come to kill them and then im probally gonna have a hydra come out and kill blaa blaa. Anyways i havent fully thought this through but ive started well on the terrain and im just begining the doodad part. I want u guys to check out some pics ima post and rate them and give me tips or your creative criticism that i will gladly take. I will also need someone to help me with units and triggers. Now i wouldnt just say hey ill do units i need to make sure im going to stick with this and your going to also. Now im going back to school soon but ill try my best to put time in this. Please look at the pics at http://profile.imageshack.us/user/Mirg?n=y and tell me what you think! also plz post if you can help me with triggers and units...Thanks guys!
Azrooh

New Map?!

Postby Azrooh » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:23 pm

Sounds cool. Let us know if you need any trigger help.
Mirgil

New Map?!

Postby Mirgil » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:10 pm

@Azrooh Trigger help would be fantastic since i know completly nothing about triggers other than a few that would take ppl seconds would take me half an hour....yeah tonight ima sit down and think of the story and stuff.
aeipathy

New Map?!

Postby aeipathy » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:07 am

anyone else having a problem seeing the pictures?
jorgijus

New Map?!

Postby jorgijus » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:31 am

Yeah I have problems seeing them too.
Mirgil

New Map?!

Postby Mirgil » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:47 am

I know there is a problem ill work on it now to fix it ill get back to you when i can.
Edit: Ok i think i fixed it tell me if this brings u to it...nvm it didnt work
Edit2: Btw just want to let everyone know i think i FINALLY FIXED IT all you have to do is use the arrows to go through my pics.http://img715.imageshack.us/f/island19.png/
Humans have gone to a group of islands to gain control over them, they base on a island nearby but the need more space and decide to start gaining control of the islands... The find an old abandoned base, it seems ancient. They base there for some time and then forest trolls from a nearby Island come to attack them....They easily defeat the trolls with minimal losses and are celbrating when a deep rumbling is heard and a 3 headed hydra erupts from a cave nearby. The hydra easily destroys the humans and begans to destroy the base when the humans flee with whatever they have left. They know they have to destroy the hydra so they begin ideas but they dont come up with anything. They decide to talk to the trolls since they guessed it was their old base. They go through a series of things to get the trolls to forgive them and figure out from them that the trolls job was to keep the hydra asleep but they couldnt for much longer. The shamman of the trolls decided to use a spell so as long no one touched the sacrafical area, they would be safe. But the humans did. ... The trolls said there is only one way to kill the hydra...destroy his master. No one knows who the master is or where he is and u must find out, a old crasy troll exile needs to be found and when you can he will tell you, then you go and destroy the master, then find out he has a strong weapon that hurts the hydra, and you kill him. it isnt the BEST ive come up with but im probally gonna have the map go up to the point where they become friends with the trolls. then if its successful....idk how the map is gonna go. Im most likely going to have a person play the humans, the hydra, and the trolls. And they can battle or end the game however they want. Either the trolls kill everyone, the humans kill everyone, the hydra kills everyone. or the Trolls and Humans become allies to kill the hydra. But like i said im not 100% sure how ima have it go. thats just the story
Last edited by Mirgil on Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jorgijus

New Map?!

Postby jorgijus » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:11 pm

Hmm...I like the part of the people deciding the story.
Last edited by jorgijus on Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mirgil

New Map?!

Postby Mirgil » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:00 pm

Yeah ive decided ima have someone control the humans, hydras, and trolls. The game can end in 4 ways. The hydras kill everyone. The Humans kill everyone. The Trolls kill everyone. or the Humans Team up with the Trolls and destroy the hydra. Im planning on if the trolls and humans team up the hydra gets something. I might add more ways the game can end but for now ima just have these 4.
jorgijus

New Map?!

Postby jorgijus » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:33 am

The hydra player controls only the hydra or does him control the master too?And yeah if trolls and humans team-up the hydra should get a power-up of some kind or something else so the hydra can still win.Though balancing could be a somewhat a bit difficult.
Last edited by jorgijus on Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mirgil

New Map?!

Postby Mirgil » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:08 pm

Yeah i plan on starting the basic units for each race some time soon...but ive ran into problems involving the main middle island, and yeah the player controlling the hydra will control the master, but the master cannot get off the island that he lives, but he can power up the hydra from a long range...but anyways ive also ran into problems involving triggers, i have been getting help from slayer but ima leave him alone for some time lol, im hoping to get someone to help me with the map very soon, or im going to have to go back to learning advanced triggers...but yeah, progress is good! done with the terrain for the most part...gonna have to go back and finish it...but yeah untill i get someone who wants to take half of the credit for the map ima be stuck for sometime untill i can do advanced triggers.
jorgijus

New Map?!

Postby jorgijus » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:21 am

I'm not a really experienced triggerer,I'm better at teraining but maybe I can give you a hand.Just PM me.
Mirgil

New Map?!

Postby Mirgil » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:07 pm

Yeah well, as long as you know alot about triggers its cool, im very unexperienced in map making lol. Well like i said ill get back to you...friday maybe? just incase someone else wants to go ahead and ask. So yeah, ill continue to finish up the base of the terrain and doodads so i can get something together and peice the story and stuff together. So expect to receive a PM thursday night or friday and i can go ahead and send you the map and we can work on it, thanks!
jorgijus

New Map?!

Postby jorgijus » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:05 pm

You are welcome,but I just noted a problem,the time,I mean here in Spain we use GMT+1 so that is 6 hours more than the USA (can't remember wich coast)so that could be a problem,and I can't help from monday to friday,just on weekends,and this particular weekend I'm a bit full up,though I'll PM you to tell you when I can,tell me where you live so we can calculate a time in wich we both are avaiable.
Mirgil

New Map?!

Postby Mirgil » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:33 pm

Time shouldnt be a problem, but i live in maryland, east coast. Ive finished up the basic terrain except part of the cave, and i havent added doodads to the forest islands but that shouldnt be a problem, friday ill send you the map if no one has asked to do triggers. We can talk about it later when u find a suitable time, im busy MOST of the week but i find time to work on it. If you have a MSN acc that would be a great way to comunicate. Or contact me by my email. Darianwest@gmail.com
jorgijus

New Map?!

Postby jorgijus » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:13 am

Aww great that is six hours of difference.Anyway we surely can find a time suitable for both of us.My msn acc is jorgcouto@hotmail.com add me to your messenger an we'll talk through it.