New map?

This is a forum where you can ask our code monkeys for assistance. Questions on technical help belong here.
Mirgil
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:00 am

New map?

Postby Mirgil » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:32 pm

Hey guys, i have been thinking for a long time and i decided i wanted to make a map but im really lazy and not very good at quests, untis, or things like that, what i am "Good" at is terrain...id like to either help make a map or make a new map...i might later post my ideas for new maps but just saying if anyone could help me make a map or teach me to be better OR needs help to make a map PM me and reply to this,....THANKS :)
aeipathy
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:00 am

New map?

Postby aeipathy » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:19 pm

I might be interested in making a map with you, but it depends what type. Funny that I'm decent with triggers and units but suck at terraining.
Last edited by aeipathy on Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mirgil
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:00 am

New map?

Postby Mirgil » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:16 pm

Didn't Edit...tri post.
Last edited by Mirgil on Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mirgil
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:00 am

New map?

Postby Mirgil » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:30 pm

Didn't Edit, Tri Post
Last edited by Mirgil on Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mirgil
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:00 am

New map?

Postby Mirgil » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:03 pm

1st Post:yeah im not quite sure what im going to make yet, still gathering ideas...ill get back to you soon. thanks :)
2nd Post:Heyy back again...i decided i wanna make a zombie map, kinda like Eras Zombie Invasion? but less defence and more attack...i want u to be able to hold off the zombies WITH an offence...not just heavy defence....your thoughts?
3rd Post: OK after discussing with alot of people ive got the final idea all ready for u to see...well ive decided to do a naga map, since i havent seen one before...its going to be like 5 or so human kingdoms have build very strong castles and then, from the water...comes the invading naga army...they have a kingdom in the back of the water but it has no defences but it is hard to get...what the naga has to do is kill every altar of the kings in every castle...there is one castle that in stretched vrey far verticly on the map...after that is 3 castles put to gether to form a wall...and behind them a final castle that is the final resort...if and castle are destroyed...small camps are made near the final castle...there are 3 naga armies all controlled by a different general...so...what do u think?
4th Post: I am going to add a part where the humans will get a chance to fight back the naga...
Last edited by Mirgil on Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Insomnia
Posts: 728
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:00 am
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

New map?

Postby Insomnia » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:01 am

you have 5 posts and 4 are in this thread with me being the 3rd person to post...
edit much??


also on topic.. get msn or met in a channel and sort something out between ya.
aeipathy
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:00 am

New map?

Postby aeipathy » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:24 am

Sounds like a fun map, I'm interesting in trying to make it - I've gotten so bored of these survival maps where you barely hang onto your base. I'm not on msn much because I have exams at the moment but I'm always on xfire - my username is Blackhear202 (nickname Auraeon). I may not be able to do much mapping because of exams but holidays are in 2 weeks so I'll be on almost 24/7 then!

Insomnia btw could you add this picture to your guide (it's already in the secrets thread)?
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>I used your screenshots please forgive me!</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">Image</div>
Mirgil
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:00 am

New map?

Postby Mirgil » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:55 am

Yeah Inso, im really sorry about that i wasnt thinking slayer has already talked to me about that, it will not happen again i am REALLY sry....anyways on topic again yeah i dont have MSN or x-fire i can probally get either but i do have ventrillo and skype if u have either..my mic is having problems so i cant talk but i will try something...btw ive done all but 1 of the human terrain areas...and then i need to work on the naga areas...
POST 2: Ive gotten alot done and ive done the simple stuff in the human areas but i havent made anything look nice or tested much and i havent even STARTED the naga area and i havent gotten much else done other than the basic map, im getting slayer to look at it so ill get back to you again if anything gets done...
Last edited by Mirgil on Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aeipathy
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:00 am

New map?

Postby aeipathy » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:23 pm

Mirgil wrote:Yeah Inso, im really sorry about that i wasnt thinking slayer has already talked to me about that, it will not happen again i am REALLY sry....anyways on topic again yeah i dont have MSN or x-fire i can probally get either but i do have ventrillo and skype if u have either..my mic is having problems so i cant talk but i will try something...btw ive done all but 1 of the human terrain areas...and then i need to work on the naga areas...
POST 2: Ive gotten alot done and ive done the simple stuff in the human areas but i havent made anything look nice or tested much and i havent even STARTED the naga area and i havent gotten much else done other than the basic map, im getting slayer to look at it so ill get back to you again if anything gets done...
Ok I probably won't be able to do much for the next 2 weeks or so but after then I'm good. I have Skype installed but can't remember my account so I'll make a new one next week sometime.
Mirgil
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:00 am

New map?

Postby Mirgil » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:01 pm

well...actully im really sry i am going to stop making the map cause i started a bit too big, instead ima start with a smaller map and work alone to try and get better cause i thought i knew alot but i missed alot of stuff but its not completly dead...i may come back and i can send it to you cause i put the terrain in places but it looks ugly and stuff so yeah...sry :(
Insomnia
Posts: 728
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:00 am
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

New map?

Postby Insomnia » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:28 pm

Th3Doc7or wrote:Sounds like a fun map, I'm interesting in trying to make it - I've gotten so bored of these survival maps where you barely hang onto your base. I'm not on msn much because I have exams at the moment but I'm always on xfire - my username is Blackhear202 (nickname Auraeon). I may not be able to do much mapping because of exams but holidays are in 2 weeks so I'll be on almost 24/7 then!

Insomnia btw could you add this picture to your guide (it's already in the secrets thread)?
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>I used your screenshots please forgive me!</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">Image</div>
Wow, love the map.. nice idea with the SS's also
saves me alot of trouble, hehe. will update my post now..
User avatar
B2zeldafreak
Posts: 663
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:00 am

New map?

Postby B2zeldafreak » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:21 pm

Learn how to use the edit button lol...

I'm working on a map (somewhat) but I could use help with the terrain.

Oh and by working with I mean I have an idea what I want to do, but I haven't gotten very far on it yet.
aeipathy
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:00 am

New map?

Postby aeipathy » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:24 am

Mirgil wrote:well...actully im really sry i am going to stop making the map cause i started a bit too big, instead ima start with a smaller map and work alone to try and get better cause i thought i knew alot but i missed alot of stuff but its not completly dead...i may come back and i can send it to you cause i put the terrain in places but it looks ugly and stuff so yeah...sry :(
lol dw, have fun making it.
Mirgil
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:00 am

New map?

Postby Mirgil » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:24 am

Lol zelda, i might be able to work with you depending how big you want this to be...whats the map about?

Post 2: progress on my terrain/doodad making! would post a SS but it says its way too big...idk why! but im working on it :P im good at making a fort (IMO) and working to upload a ss that ISNT this big...QQ look:
WC3ScrnShot_070510_003923_01.tga with size 4853804 exceeded the file size limit of 204800.
if some1 could help me with uploading this it would be great thanks
Last edited by Mirgil on Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.