Map Name!

This is a forum where you can ask our code monkeys for assistance. Questions on technical help belong here.
Azrooh

Map Name!

Postby Azrooh » Wed May 12, 2010 7:50 pm

I cannot think of a name for my map, and 'dual godwarmap' seems hardly fitting. Setting it out here to see if you guys have any good name suggestions. Note that I'll probably modify the suggestion, this is more to give me ideas than anything.

The map's gameplay:

Gods: You must draw upon the energies of human prayer to keep yourself energized. If your power reaches 0, you have lost. You lose power periodically - the more followers you have, the more power you lose. You also lose power through casting spells. You must also keep an eye on your alignment - good gods will focus more on peacefully converting enemy humans, and healing your own followers, while evil gods will be focusing on death, destruction, and apocalypses. The first god to reach zero power loses. You can not take away a god's power directly, though you may use your human pawns to destroy the humans that supply him. If a god has no followers, he will lose power very quickly.

Mortals: You are a small group of settlers that have decided to settle in an uninhabited area of the world. With the gods unknown to you, you set up a camp, avoid starving, and eventually grow into a full-fledged village. Once a god approaches you, you may convert to him. Be sure to have your units pray, to allow him to have more powerful effects on your troops - build churches and monastaries to allow your units to have a greater affect while praying near them. If you don't pray enough, your chosen god may choose to visit you and police you for awhile while you prove worthy of giving him the power he needs.

Backstory:

For centuries after their last struggle, the two gods lay sleeping. The land healed, the smoke cleared. But recently, humans have been moving into the area once again, looking for new land to settle. The gods have awakened at this new vessel for power - eager to set to destroying each other once again. Manipulating their worshippers to their own devices, they wage wars and brainwash others to achieve power. They may succeed in destroying the other, they may run out of human bodies first - but the humans will come back. They always do.

Those who don't remember history are doomed to repeat it.
Insomnia

Map Name!

Postby Insomnia » Thu May 13, 2010 7:10 pm

Gods Clash
duckne55

Map Name!

Postby duckne55 » Fri May 14, 2010 5:49 am

When World's Collide? lol