Lich's Chill

This is a forum where you can ask our code monkeys for assistance. Questions on technical help belong here.
B2zeldafreak

Lich's Chill

Postby B2zeldafreak » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:57 pm

It's going to be like a Castle Builder/Medieval Builder, except everyone starts out as the same race. Then you can go to different parts of the map and go to strongholds of different races. When you go to their stronghold you will be able to buy an upgrade that lets you obtain their units. Not sure exactly how thats going to work yet, but I've started making their strongholds on the map.

^ That's the basic premise of the map I'm working on. Also planning on having some NPC involvment (Lich sending out units on raids) and maybe an AI.
Insomnia

Lich's Chill

Postby Insomnia » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:13 am

cool, just dont have a lot of useless clones in different skins or favor some races more than others.

gis yell 4 alpha/beta when a want
B2zeldafreak

Lich's Chill

Postby B2zeldafreak » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:12 am

My plan on units is to make a stat alottment for each tier/level of unit, so that each race has fairly balanced play.

*Edit* I also think I'm going to add in something for players who are defeated.
Last edited by B2zeldafreak on Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jesse James

Lich's Chill

Postby Jesse James » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:37 pm

Sounds good! Glad to see your diving into the world of map making! =]
Azrooh

Lich's Chill

Postby Azrooh » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:25 pm

Let us know if you need any help, Zelda. (Or, if you're starting off with JASS, let Jesse know)
B2zeldafreak

Lich's Chill

Postby B2zeldafreak » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:38 pm

Well theres 3 components to my map and they're all relatively independent of each other.

In my mind theres terrain, units, and triggers.

I think I'm going to have to restart on the terrain, but the units that I've worked on are still perfect.

^ In regards of the terrain I'm scaling down from an epic sized map to a more Werewolf sized map. I find that epic maps with builders encourage people to sit in their bases and spam towers and units rather than interact with other plays. So I want to scale down the map and have it focus on fewer buildings in a players base, and be more strategy based than unit spam based.