[Solved]Observers Chat

This is a forum where you can ask our code monkeys for assistance. Questions on technical help belong here.
Azrooh

[Solved]Observers Chat

Postby Azrooh » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:04 pm

How do I make everybody start on observers chat?
It's nothing major, the chat log is annoying though.
Romek

[Solved]Observers Chat

Postby Romek » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:08 pm

There's no way that I know of.
I think it's simply set to [Allies] if applicable, or [All] otherwise.

Just out of curiosity, why would you need to do this? :P
Dylan1473

[Solved]Observers Chat

Postby Dylan1473 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:42 pm

As long as we're saying it's impossible, I'll have to say that I agree with Romek. I'm positive it can't be done with GUI trigger, pretty sure JASS can't do it (though less so), and I don't think there is a category for the default chat in game interface or even - at a stretch - gameplay constants. It might be possible to do it using either an external editor program or by messing with some stuff outside of world editor, but I would really not recommend the latter unless you're quite familiar with that sort of thing, and as for the former...well, I don't know where you'd even go to get something like that and I'm assuming if you already have something like that you've tried it.

Maybe the SC2 editor could pull it off. I look forward to getting that (though with progress so far, looks like I'll be waiting a while).
Last edited by Dylan1473 on Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Azrooh

[Solved]Observers Chat

Postby Azrooh » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:14 pm

Romek wrote:There's no way that I know of.
I think it's simply set to [Allies] if applicable, or [All] otherwise.

Just out of curiosity, why would you need to do this? :P
I have a chat system that deletes everything you say and replaces it with floating text by you. You can open f12 and see everybody that isn't set to observers' text there, but you don't know who it is.
It's no big deal, but rather annoying. The camera's locked to a unit also, so you can't 'spy' on other people's floating text.