RIP WC3 Clan

Off-Topic conversations, forum games, fun topics and pretty much anything else that doesn't fit into any other forum.
Tonex

RIP WC3 Clan

Postby Tonex » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:28 am

Finally got WC3 working again, and noticed that the clan really is dead now; only 14/95 people have been online in the last month. Should we do a mass cull and try to promote the WC3 clan again? Or not waste the time?
Jesse James

Re: RIP WC3 Clan

Postby Jesse James » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:07 pm

The only thing that would make it worthwhile to invest energy into the clan is if we had active staff to continue moderating and recruiting. It was easier back when we had a bot that helped but when steaks left we lost that capability. I'm almost positive the features he had were custom and the regular stealth bot would not be able to operate in the same capacity.
Tonex

Postby Tonex » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:54 pm

Yeah, I was mentioning to a remaining clan member that it was Steaks all along who was the backbone of the clan.

Steaks, if you're out there and still have your custom scripts, can you send them my way? Otherwise it might be a while for me to look stuff up and set up a bot myself.
Steaks

Postby Steaks » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:29 pm

All of the scripts I had were from the stealthbot.net forums. I only made very minor edits to suit my needs. The only script I edited a lot was the map download one.
Tonex

Postby Tonex » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:48 am

Alright, from what I remember, you just used the clan management scripts, the download script on a separate bot, and had another separate host bot?
Steaks

Postby Steaks » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:54 pm

There was:
-Steaks: Stealthbot containing most of the scripts
-Mapdownloader: Stealthbot containing map download script
-Clan_VoF: Ghost++ hostbot

I don't remember why I had a separate map download bot and why it wasn't just on Steaks... It feels like there was a good reason for it but I can't remember. Maybe it was just to place in the instructions inside the profile.

As for the actual scripts, the ones I remember are:
- The apply script: This was built for ladder players to scan their record and add to an application list, but I modified it to accept anyone and add without any checks, except for the clan 100 member limit.
http://www.stealthbot.net/forum/index.p ... ly-script/ (log in to view)
- Greet message: I didn't do any modifications to the code but as I remember it was somewhat difficult to set it up to send whispers to players who joined the channel who were in WC and without a guild.
http://www.stealthbot.net/forum/index.p ... _hl__greet
- Map download: I might have taken the idea from one of the topics below but I massively edited to support downloading maps from any location.
http://www.stealthbot.net/forum/index.p ... topic=2530
http://www.stealthbot.net/forum/index.p ... wnloading/
- Some sort of ignore list for people spamming commands to me.
- Bot spam protection: Lock channel for 30 minutes then unlock for people filling channel with bots.

I'll have to dig the computer out of storage out of these days to know exactly what I had.
Steaks

Postby Steaks » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:57 pm

And where is comrade Magic to celebrate President Trump?
magic_hero

Postby magic_hero » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:46 pm

#blameSteaks
Steaks

Postby Steaks » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:05 pm

8) Yes, it was all me. :oops:
Tonex

Postby Tonex » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:10 am

I'll set up the bots when I go home over Thanksgiving or Christmas.

Trump is a rich white man. Rich white men like steaks. HAS STEAKS BEEN PULLING THE STRINGS ALL ALONG?????????
magic_hero

Postby magic_hero » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:04 am

I think it's about time to rename the clan to SteaksStinks [SS] and call it a new beginning.