Sneak Peak: Logo

Off-Topic conversations, forum games, fun topics and pretty much anything else that doesn't fit into any other forum.
Jesse James

Postby Jesse James » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:12 pm

Enjoy a sneak peak at the new VoF Logo.

Attachments:
Last edited by Jesse James on Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luff

Postby Luff » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:42 am

I find it a little bit too cartoonish. Its fine with me though.
magic_hero

Postby magic_hero » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:37 pm

What does it mean though?
Jesse James

Postby Jesse James » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:31 pm

We are Victim of Fate productions. The scissors and the thread represent the three fates.
magic_hero

Postby magic_hero » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:48 pm

That's nice, but won't really help in reviving the dead forum.
Pwnage

Postby Pwnage » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:41 pm

I'd have to agree with Luff on the aspect of it looking too cartoony. However, I enjoy the symbolism of the message. As for reviving the dead community, it's all about the domino effect. Who knows, maybe something as simple as a logo change will bring more people back... Who really knows...
Pwnage.@USEast
Tonex

Postby Tonex » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:52 pm

He mentioned that one of his friends drew it, so I suppose that it's just his style. It's already fairly darker than one I originally saw.
Jesse James

Postby Jesse James » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:46 pm

It isn't just a logo change, though I don't expect to "revive" a community that isn't dead. This is VoF. This is the thick of it. We've always been a small group of devotees, I'd scrap the forums all together and work exclusively on the website if the forum was dead. But you people keep coming back, and as long as you keep coming back I am going to keep trying to bring you bigger and better things. If it is as dead as you think why do you keep coming back?

We are looking at a new platform for our forums to get away from this ad riddled scrap zetaboards offers. I've got a more professional theme for the website in the works. The logo was outlined by a friend of mine and all the coloring and texture I've done (along with a considerable amount of manipulation, I'll post the stages of development when we get a finalized version).

I've also got my eyes on a Favicon, which should be making an appearance shortly after I get things in order with the logo.

As for the cartoonish, I would agree, but its a darker cartoonish which I think we could adopt with relative ease. Wc3 is pretty cartoonish and that is where we found our roots. If it doesn't work out in the end we can try other things as the opportunity presents itself. We don't have the community contributions to hire someone professional, so freebies and favors are what I can give you guys. :D The rest comes out of my pocket because I <del>love</del> tolerate you.
Pwnage

Postby Pwnage » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:41 pm

Jesse James wrote:because I <del>love</del> tolerate you.
We <del>tolerate</del> love you too, Jesse.
Pwnage.@USEast