A few days ago, I was playing a game (the map was Starwars Footies, the bot was Arti(SPN) I believe) and something very unusual happened. Someone was hacking, but in a way I've never seen or even believed possible up to that point. He was also pretty much the least subtle hacker ever. I know people throw the word around a lot without any actual evidence, but this is for real. Here's what he did:
- He levelled his hero up from a very low level (I think 4?) to 25 between revives
- He gave his hero a boost of 500 to strength (I don't think that there's even a legitimate means of boosting your stats to that level in the game!) again between revives
- He gave himself tons of gold
- He spawned units (duplicates of units that were already on the battlefield)
- I'm not sure whether these were just more spawns, but given the positioning I think he ressurected some units as well and the spawns were duplicates of these
I have no idea how he did this. This isn't even supposed to be possible, is it? I know that manipulating the game in this manner is quite doable, but my understanding is that doing it online will cause the hacker to be disconnected (or, if it's the host, everyone else to be disconnected) due to the game being unable to deal with the discrepancy between the information the hacker's machine was feeding it and what everyone else was telling it was true.