Warcraft 3 Hacker

Off-Topic conversations, forum games, fun topics and pretty much anything else that doesn't fit into any other forum.
Dylan1473

Warcraft 3 Hacker

Postby Dylan1473 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:18 pm

Okay, to start with, this is not related to any VOF maps or bots. It's just something I found very strange.

A few days ago, I was playing a game (the map was Starwars Footies, the bot was Arti(SPN) I believe) and something very unusual happened. Someone was hacking, but in a way I've never seen or even believed possible up to that point. He was also pretty much the least subtle hacker ever. I know people throw the word around a lot without any actual evidence, but this is for real. Here's what he did:
  • He levelled his hero up from a very low level (I think 4?) to 25 between revives
  • He gave his hero a boost of 500 to strength (I don't think that there's even a legitimate means of boosting your stats to that level in the game!) again between revives
  • He gave himself tons of gold
  • He spawned units (duplicates of units that were already on the battlefield)
  • I'm not sure whether these were just more spawns, but given the positioning I think he ressurected some units as well and the spawns were duplicates of these
I still have the replay. It's not in a format I can post right now but I should be able to upload the relevant section if anyone wants to see it.

I have no idea how he did this. This isn't even supposed to be possible, is it? I know that manipulating the game in this manner is quite doable, but my understanding is that doing it online will cause the hacker to be disconnected (or, if it's the host, everyone else to be disconnected) due to the game being unable to deal with the discrepancy between the information the hacker's machine was feeding it and what everyone else was telling it was true.
Jesse James

Warcraft 3 Hacker

Postby Jesse James » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:56 am

Is it possible you were playing a wc3 map that had built in cheats?
Fluttershy_L0ve

Warcraft 3 Hacker

Postby Fluttershy_L0ve » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:04 am

I think Jesse James may be right about this. =]
Cuz there is some coding rule to wher hacks can't alter actual game data or something ...
Hacks can open up possibilities to trade gold, reveal fog .. etc. Stuff the game actually has data on, but specifications of the map are currently preventing ... etc.

either that or the version of the map you were playing on had some EXTREME bugs. haha!
or .. yeah. as Jesse_James said: map w/ cheats.
Dylan1473

Warcraft 3 Hacker

Postby Dylan1473 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:27 am

The version was, as far as I know, quite official (at any rate, it's hosted by a consistent bot and is probably more used than any other version by this point). I'm also pretty sure it's the same version Makemehost has. It's conceivably possible the creator built in cheats, though...the map in general is ludicrously imbalanced and I wouldn't consider it overly improbable. I suppose that's probably it. The thing that really got me was the duplicate units - it'd be a very strange cheat to put in. As far as I can tell, he ressurrected a bunch of my units and then duplicated them about 10 times over.

EDIT: Wait! I just checked my Warcraft 3 maps and I have two versions of the map. One of them has a _1 at the end. I guess I do have a hacked version. I'll open it up in the editor, see if the protection has been broken. I'd warn the owner of the bot but I have no idea how to contact them (assuming they're not the ones using the cheats). Oh well.

EDIT: Neither of the maps I have has the protection broken. Presumably whoever changed it reprotected it. Or else the creator made a cheat version.
Last edited by Dylan1473 on Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tonex

Warcraft 3 Hacker

Postby Tonex » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:16 am

Maybe it's this: Hscked version on epicwar
Steaks

Warcraft 3 Hacker

Postby Steaks » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:33 pm

You don't have to unprotect maps to insert cheat commands.
Dylan1473

Warcraft 3 Hacker

Postby Dylan1473 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:36 pm

Really? I thought you couldn't open it at all if it was protected. I've never done any sort of unprotecting of maps, of course, so I wouldn't know. Is there some way I can figure out what's been done to it without deprotecting? As far as I can tell this requires an external program, which I'm guessing is designed for Windows and may or may not work for me.

EDIT: @Tonex: Like I said in the first post, this isn't for Werewolf. Just a curiosity I thought I'd throw out here.
Last edited by Dylan1473 on Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tonex

Warcraft 3 Hacker

Postby Tonex » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:02 pm

Nah I'm just sayin that it's prolly like the hacked ww map, in that someone inserted cheat codes. I know that it's a different map.
Dylan1473

Warcraft 3 Hacker

Postby Dylan1473 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:08 pm

Oh, alright.
addressmeyhc

Warcraft 3 Hacker

Postby addressmeyhc » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:58 pm

What's the matter? lots of warcraft III maps have built in cheats. You just have to find the legitimate source of original map, and you won't have a map with cheats.
I believe mapgnome.org has maps without built in cheats. since I cannot upload it and i've checked several maps there have anti-cheat protection against commonly used cheatpacks.
riflemang

Warcraft 3 Hacker

Postby riflemang » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:08 pm

Funny thing.. I played with a similar hacker. There was aLV14 villager right outside my gates. I told him to go away. Then next thing you know BAM he lv 25. Then he spawns dynamite and kills me. I kicked him ( it was my bot) and inherited 99999 gold......