Surviving Night 1-40 Guide

Discuss MineralZ here.

Created by maddeem
Iselia

Postby Iselia » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:44 pm

Hello all :P
I just started playing Mineralz really recently.
I loved it so much, thought I'd made a small guide.
Trust me I have died on [Night 1], easy mode, so don't trust me too much ^^ (what?).
By the way this is very brief and is not an extensive guide/walkthrough to surviving.
Please correct me if I have made any mistakes.

[Night 1]: [Ground][Larva] - Ignore or kill them if they're chasing you.
[Night 2]: [Ground][Giant Larva] - You should have a wall up by then.
[Night 3]: [Ground][Zergling] - Same as above
[Night 4]: [Ground][Enhanced Zergling] - You should have a power generator, regenerator, and lamp up by then.
[Night 5]: [Ground][Giant Larva]
[Night 6]: [Ground][Larvaling]
[Night 7]: [Kamikaze Air][Young Scourge] - Build another wall at least 500 yards away (3+ monitor inches), let kamikaze explode on that instead of your main wall (surrounding blocks destroyed)
[Night 8]: [Ground][Hydralisk] - Do not stand right behind wall, they are ranged
[Night 9]: [Ground][Enhanced Zergling]
[Night 10]: [Boss][Ground][HydraLord] - Have 2+ regenerators on your wall, with 3+ generators
[Night 11]: [Ground][Hydraling]
[Night 12]: [Ground][Infected]
[Night 13]: [Ground][Zergling]
[Night 14]: [Ground][Infected]
[Night 15]: [Explosive Ground][Infected Boomer] -Build another wall, power gen., regen, and lamp outside of base again. You want another line of defense in front of your main base because boomers will explode surrounding blocks.
[Night 16]: [Explosive Ground][Infected Boomer] -Build another wall, power gen., regen, and lamp outside of base again.
[Night 17]: [Ground][Infected Giant]
[Night 18]: [Ground][Infected Giant]
[Night 19]: [Kamikaze Air][Young Scourge] -Don't die?
[Night 20]: [Boss][Ground][Young Forgotten] - Stare at those sexy tentacles in awe.
[Night 21]: [Ground][Infected Machine] -They explode on death but very small area, sometimes kills blocks so be careful.
[Night 22]: [Air][Mutalisk] -Not sure if they explode, but they are deadly as they can instantly kill you and sometimes aim just for you. Have offensive structures up and ready and hide behind them.
[Night 23]: [Ground][Infected Machine] -They explode on death but very small area, sometimes kills blocks so be careful.
[Night 24]: [Air][Mutalisk] -Not sure if they explode, but they are deadly as they can instantly kill you and sometimes aim just for you. Have offensive structures up and ready and hide behind them.
[Night 25]: [Ground][Infected Machine] -They explode on death but very small area, sometimes kills blocks so be careful.
[Night 26]: [Air][Giant Mutalisk] -Not sure if they explode, but they are deadly as they can instantly kill you and sometimes aim just for you. Have offensive structures up and ready and hide behind them.
[Night 27]: [Ground][Infected Zergling Rider] -I don't recall anything special
[Night 28]: [Ground][Infected Zergling Rider] -I don't recall anything special
[Night 29]: [Air][Giant Mutalisk] -Not sure if they explode, but they are deadly as they can instantly kill you and sometimes aim just for you. Have offensive structures up and ready and hide behind them.
[Night 30]: [Boss][Ground][Sludge] -Clones, fly in circular radius. Some will pop into open space in base.
[Night 31]: [Ground][Lurker]
[Night 32]: [Ground][Lurker]
[Night 33]: [Air][Overlord]
[Night 34]: [Ground][Ultralisk]
[Night 35]: [Kamikaze Air][Scourge]
[Night 36]: [Air][Overlord]
[Night 37]: [Ground][Infected Marine]
[Night 38]: [Ground][Infected Marine]
[Night 39]: [Ground][Lurker]
[Night 40]: [Boss][Air][Queen]

===Game will end here on easy mode, so if you are ambitious, play normal+=== Congrats! :D

[Night 41+]: ???

Okay. I'll tell you a little about how to survive now. By all means I still die early many times so I'm not that good, but here are some tips.

1. I run far from middle like a chicken
2. I set up a base with wall, gen, regen, and lamp far away from my real mining base. This is my front stand.
3. After [Night 6] and daytime comes, I quickly run close to middle of map, and place 3-4 spread out houses for nasty scourges to explode on. I also place as many walls as I can and if done right, all scourges will explode on them instead of my real defense.
4. After a while, I'll set up another base closer to my mining base. So now I have 2 lines of defense. It is expected that the first one falls after [Night 15] - Boomers, if I get attacked.
5. I usually set another wall even closer to my mineral base. After mining all my minerals to death, I build many rows of regen, fire turrets, and gens. I hide behind those for [Night 22/24/26] (Air Mutalisk).
6. I coat my defense in a layer of upgraded walls.
7. Sometimes I'll set up a huge tesla base, and link it up to my front line of defense.
8. I hide myself in a corner behind hundreds of gens, regens, and turrets, with 4 mind control towers as my last stand.

Credits are good. Droid and factories increase mineral output by at least 33%.
Not like you'll need those minerals as I tend to have thousands of excess by whatever.
Rushing mineral upgrades and mining speed should be done as well.
You should have a lab and one market to upgrade 2x faster.
Last edited by Iselia on Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luff

Postby Luff » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:16 am

Nice guide you got there. And welcome.
Insomnia

Postby Insomnia » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:11 am

got on WC# and played the map... Died quite fast, looks confusing for now though
Fenix-25

Postby Fenix-25 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:56 pm

Nice guide, really helpful.